Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Google Testing Paid Ads Mixed In With Organic SERPS

    I thought I'd seen this on mobile during the last few updates and thought maybe it was a glitch. But no ....

    https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...lts-36266.html

  2. #2
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    It seems that most people often skip sponsored content anyway.

    Another advantage of offshore gambling. Competitors won't buy such ads anyway, because they won't be approved in most locations anyway.

  3. #3
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyx View Post
    Another advantage of offshore gambling. Competitors won't buy such ads anyway, because they won't be approved in most locations anyway.
    This is definitely becoming a more appealing part of grey markets.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    So we are supposed to act like them mixing in paid ads where they want is a new thing?

    Maybe the title should be Google finally "admits"

    Some of us have been around long enough to remember when the ads used to be a different background color. They moved away from that many years ago as it was too transparent or dare say honest.

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    bpmee (30 October 2023), NoDepositCasinos (25 October 2023), Strider1973 (26 October 2023)

  6. #5
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    So we are supposed to act like them mixing in paid ads where they want is a new thing?

    Maybe the title should be Google finally "admits"

    Some of us have been around long enough to remember when the ads used to be a different background color. They moved away from that many years ago as it was too transparent or dare say honest.

    Rick
    Universal4
    I agree. The only novelty here is that they are acknowledging it, and I don't think it's necessarily due to honesty but rather because of the power of social media in bringing this to a public conversation.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  7. #6
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDepositCasinos View Post
    I agree. The only novelty here is that they are acknowledging it, and I don't think it's necessarily due to honesty but rather because of the power of social media in bringing this to a public conversation.
    Paid ads top and bottom of each page yes, but not half way down mixed in with organic results. Maybe I've missed it, but looks new to me.

  8. #7
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Paid ads top and bottom of each page yes, but not half way down mixed in with organic results. Maybe I've missed it, but looks new to me.
    I am sorry. I didn't explain myself appropriately.

    Paid ads mixed with organic results are indeed something new. What I meant to say is that these kinds of experiments are not new, but now people are openly discussing them.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  9. #8
    thai slots's Avatar
    thai slots is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2023
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I've seen those but still didn't fall for this, it's still easy to recognize when there are paid ads

  10. #9
    bpmee is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 113 Times in 75 Posts

    Default

    Inflation must be hitting the bottom line badly to turn the SERPs into an advertising tabloid.

    Maybe they should cut back on the cafeteria style dining, flatscreen TVs, personal trainers, expresso machines, and jungle gyms? /vent

  11. #10
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmee View Post
    Inflation must be hitting the bottom line badly to turn the SERPs into an advertising tabloid.

    Maybe they should cut back on the cafeteria style dining, flatscreen TVs, personal trainers, expresso machines, and jungle gyms? /vent
    No kidding. I often play YouTube videos to hear music while working, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel the duration and frequency of ads have significantly increased. Something similar is happening on social media. It feels like we're receiving cheap ads shamelessly from all directions.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  12. #11
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoDepositCasinos View Post
    No kidding. I often play YouTube videos to hear music while working, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but I feel the duration and frequency of ads have significantly increased. Something similar is happening on social media. It feels like we're receiving cheap ads shamelessly from all directions.
    they are longer than ever, I actually use the youtube premium now


  13. #12
    Jirawat Preedakul's Avatar
    Jirawat Preedakul is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2023
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I don't really think it's going to work, this is very clear when it's sponsosred

  14. #13
    AdWise's Avatar
    AdWise is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Yes, sadly, this trend is becoming more common each year with Google. It's increasingly difficult to gain organic traffic. If you're not in the top 3, it's really challenging to get clicks, especially in situations where ads are present.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •