Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,163
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Got Traffic? Really? Now?

    Ok, there is the common banter about the opening sales line "Have you got traffic?" but do we really need to be approached and asked while we are sitting having lunch?

    Sometime the banter and fun is well deserved but those looking for traffic please choose your moments. I am surprised someone has not knocked on a toilet stall door and asking if I have traffic.

    Just a thought for those looking for traffic at conferences.

    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (29 November 2017), Renee (29 November 2017)

  3. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Hi Pokerface,

    Lol. You really made me laugh when you said "I am surprised someone has not knocked on a toilet stall door and asking if I have traffic."

  4. #3
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I'd expect questions like

    How do you generate traffic?
    Which markets do you target?
    How much traffic do you think you can send us?
    etc

    But "Have you got traffic?"

    I mean it's not like you looked through a window and saw a lot of people drinking alcohol and having a seemingly good time, and so decided to join them without knowing what the gathering was about

  5. #4
    BBCasinos's Avatar
    BBCasinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 304 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    I seriously start to hate all those stupid questions.
    Looks like most Always ask the Same.
    Don't forget

    - How much Ftd a month Can u sent me (I have No clue Because I dont know your conversion)
    - I want the best positions, What positions Can You give me?
    - we are the fastest growing casino, Can You sign up here and put us on your website? (There a lot of fastest growing casinos)
    - I dont see our casino on your website. When are You putting us online?
    - Can You sent us more Traffic So we get more Ftd (When the conversions are extremely low at That brand)

    cheers. Have a good night
    "For Sluts you go to Pornhub, for Slots you come to us"

    David
    Wanna do business? Skype me: LSDave19

    BestBettingCasinos | Top 10 online casinos | €10 Free bonuses | 50 Free Spins

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BBCasinos For This Useful Post:

    eenzoo (29 November 2017), Scampi (29 November 2017), Topboss (30 November 2017), Triple7 (29 November 2017)

  7. #5
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Lol. Those questions are annoying indeed. It's not a partnership at all. It seems that some people really get a few bucks bonus if they can show a screenshot of their banner on top to their boss. Or show some evidence at how many people they've bothered at a conference.

    But I must say that "the not at all prepared affiliate manager" is even worse. Those "Have you got traffic" probably are not having the best brand, no money for a boot, nobody made an appointment in a response to their spammy emails, etc.

    But an affiliate manager with who you're having a meeting has no excuse at all. You're working with them, there is action in the account (otherwise no need for a meeting), they're working for a nice company and you're willing to do some more business with them. But not prepared at all. They have no idea about the stats, if it's growing or not. Some even don't remember the website.

    And I really do hate the guys that are thinking that wasting more traffic is the solution. Some of them aren't even interested in being at very targeted subpages. They just want a banner or whatever on the first page to waste the traffic over there. In general, I hate it when they're living in some other world. Like if I drop quality brands I am working for years with, from some doubtful white label start-up. Just because they're very pushy at a conference.

    I guess bad brands will usually attract the less talented affiliate managers, but I really wonder why some brands with nice products don't take it a bit more serious.

    Coming back to the topic. "Have you got traffic"... I guess they're not 100% if they're asking something like that. What should I do there as affiliate if I have really no traffic at all? I should always first ask if I can interrupt and introducing myself. Including key facts about the brand I am representing. Than every affiliate can decide if it makes sense to continue the discussion. It makes no sense to discuss about "betting on diamonds" if I have just casino traffic. However some people do really disagree with that.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    Andy13 (23 January 2021), BBCasinos (29 November 2017), wolfie (29 November 2017)

  9. #6
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    This irks me.. One time I was talking to a colleague at the conference when this douchebag came up and interrupted our conversation and proceed to shove his business card at my face - at which I point I then told him to get some manners and f*ck off since I don't know him, nor am I interested in sending traffic to him.

  10. #7
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casinorep View Post
    This irks me.. One time I was talking to a colleague at the conference when this douchebag came up and interrupted our conversation and proceed to shove his business card at my face - at which I point I then told him to get some manners and f*ck off since I don't know him, nor am I interested in sending traffic to him.
    What was his reaction to this?

  11. #8
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    I am surprised someone has not knocked on a toilet stall door and asking if I have traffic.
    2 different stories:

    First one - an affiliate manager had no idea who I was, thought I was an affiliate, and started doing their sales talk to me inside the bathroom as I came out of the cubicle.

    Second - a male aff manager, same thing had no idea who I was, and followed me into the bathroom until someone told him it's ladies, to get out.

    So there you go.

    Both were "financial" btw...

    Edit: Funnily enough they were both at the same London conference last year (year before it moved to Excel).
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Breakout Ewa (30 November 2017), Cash Bonus (30 November 2017)

  13. #9
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    2 different stories:

    First one - an affiliate manager had no idea who I was, thought I was an affiliate, and started doing their sales talk to me inside the bathroom as I came out of the cubicle.

    Second - a male aff manager, same thing had no idea who I was, and followed me into the bathroom until someone told him it's ladies, to get out.

    So there you go.

    Both were "financial" btw...

    Edit: Funnily enough they were both at the same London conference last year (year before it moved to Excel).
    Well, that is a very intriguing story.

    I never saw it in that light before.

  14. #10
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    942
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 270 Times in 203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vtyunby65 View Post
    What was his reaction to this?
    Had the audacity to get defensive until I got up, then he walked away.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Casinorep For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (30 November 2017)

  16. #11
    Alex_PlayAttack is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 84 Times in 61 Posts

    Default

    It reminds me this episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jq5W4hAzw And whatever it was, I don't blame sales beginners. They're just learning, as we all had our miles to walk on the way to understanding of what we were doing.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex_PlayAttack For This Useful Post:

    Breakout Ewa (30 November 2017), muffincrumbs (30 November 2017), TheGamblersClub (30 November 2017)

  18. #12
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casinorep View Post
    This irks me.. One time I was talking to a colleague at the conference when this douchebag came up and interrupted our conversation and proceed to shove his business card at my face - at which I point I then told him to get some manners and f*ck off since I don't know him, nor am I interested in sending traffic to him.
    This happens at least a few times a day at every conference. Nothing makes me madder actually. If 2 people are clearly in a meeting, it's sooooo ******* rude to just butt in and start with your sales talk.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (30 November 2017)

  20. #13
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    This happens at least a few times a day at every conference. Nothing makes me madder actually. If 2 people are clearly in a meeting, it's sooooo ******* rude to just butt in and start with your sales talk.
    Yes. It's ******* annoying and in my opinion, it has nothing to do with being a sales beginner, but everything with just education.

  21. #14
    WagerX's Avatar
    WagerX is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    2,272
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    Ok, there is the common banter about the opening sales line "Have you got traffic?" but do we really need to be approached and asked while we are sitting having lunch?

    Sometime the banter and fun is well deserved but those looking for traffic please choose your moments. I am surprised someone has not knocked on a toilet stall door and asking if I have traffic.

    Just a thought for those looking for traffic at conferences.


    lol.. good one. I've been to LAC a few times and see the desperate look on the affiliate managers hunting for engagement and ready to pounce on the most minute sliver of eye contact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •