Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    emily miles is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default where are the contact details?

    Hi everyone,

    I'm a new affiliate manager in the industry,doing my best to find affiliates to promote my product and there's something on my mind for quite sometime now so I thought the best thing would be to ask you guys and maybe get some answers because there might be something i am missing here and i am going crazy!!!

    well - I am visiting A LOT of gaming sites these days and many of them DO NOT have any contact details or they are very hard to find - after all this is what you make your money off isn't it? promoting other peoples sites, so don't you want AM to contact you? please - why are you making it so hard....LOL - just put the contact button!!!

    please if there's anyone out there (webmasters affiliate manager and all...) that can help me understand what the F@#$ is going on? is it just me? or you know what i am talking about? if there is something i am doing wrong or if there is ANYTHING i am missing like a secret system/button/code ? (i always try WHOIS- but usually the email address gets me nowhere...)

    would appreciate all information you can share.....

  2. #2
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    Hi emily,

    Welcome to GPWA.

    Here is a link to all the info you need to make contact with GPWA Management.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  3. #3
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    I'm a little confused here, sorry.

    Emily is a private member. She is claiming to be an affiliate manager.
    Is this a typo?
    Emily, are you an AM or do you own an affiliate portal?
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepokerkeep For This Useful Post:

    aksana (15 December 2009), GamTrak (15 December 2009), ironman2000 (15 December 2009), mojo (15 December 2009)

  5. #4
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Welcome Emily. I am curious too as why an affiliate manager is in the private section?

    To answer your question, I do have my contact email on every site and believe there should always be a contact on sites. However, that is mostly for the players benefit. I would prefer not to be spammed of course. If players need anything at all they can contact me and I am readily available.

    Becoming active here will help you contact affiates. Somehow aff managers find ways to contact us. Sometimes things just aren't that simple. I'm sure it will work out.

    Best wishes with your new position.

    after all this is what you make your money off isn't it? promoting other peoples sites, so don't you want AM to contact you?
    Add: of course! But if we are working with progams we are already in contact and they have all of our registration info. Understand new programs come around quite frequently and we cannot keep up with it all sometimes. It's a matter of building your program naturally.
    Last edited by mojo; 15 December 2009 at 8:05 am. Reason: add

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    aksana (15 December 2009)

  7. #5
    Shaun O'neill is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2009
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,320
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 247 Times in 192 Posts

    Default

    Lol what killer post....

    It looks like somebody just joined the company and her boss said take a look at this site and see what you can do.

    Well my free advice is email every site you find and see what response you get!!!

    But then again dont waste your time because the following will happen:

    1. You will be called a spammer

    2. People will hate your programe even if it is good and you have something to offer

    3. If and when you join the GPWA as a paid partners you will have less susccess.

    I would say work with teh comunity and you should see results, do not expect them over night.

    Good luck.

    Shaun

    p.s. Speak to the GPWA and get your profile changed ASAP.

  8. #6
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    I have my contact details at the bottom of the site, and if you can't find any contact details of webmasters then I think they don't want to be contacted, or make it so hard that only real person could find them. Sorry, spam is a real big problem for us, I already closed my two email accounts due to a lot of spam.

    Also you may try to find these webmasters at forums. And don't wait that all webmasters will start promoting your product. It's a difficult process.

  9. #7
    sophie marks is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Hey Emily,

    I sometimes feel the same way, just do your best.

    Sophie

  10. #8
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    That is because you email the same affiliate various times. Even after they request you stop...


    Mind you its hard to know what sites are owned by the same affiliate..

    Try investing in the GPWA and get the attention of affiliates with your own forum thread..

    Like Shaun said... join the community.

    Coming into forums getting contacts and emailing them countless times does not work.

    Cheers


    Quote Originally Posted by sophie marks View Post
    Hey Emily,

    I sometimes feel the same way, just do your best.

    Sophie

  11. #9
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Welcome Emily, and like someone stated, we need to get your status straightened out.

    I can explain part of the reason for not having wide open contact details on websites in one word.

    SPAM!!

    In fact, I just read the notice sent out by Project Honeypot, and their data is very interesting.

    Any email address that resides on a website, on average, WILL recieve 850 spam emails.... This is an average based upon 1 Billion emails (thats not a typo, they just hit that milestone this past week)

    I personally think in the gaming sector those figures would be much higher.

    And depending on default email accounts etc that figure of 850 is nothing.

    I have had to stop using webmaster@ accounts due to spam, and in fact I had a few one time that had reached a point they were getting 6000 per day...(that's not a typo either).

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  12. #10
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I have had to stop using webmaster@ accounts due to spam, and in fact I had a few one time that had reached a point they were getting 6000 per day...(that's not a typo either).
    Ditto! It's email suicide to use your domain as your email contact these days. What a shame! I've been using a yahoo account just for that reason alone.

    Welome aboard Emily!

  13. #11
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Well I don't exactly agree that using an account at my own domain is a bad thing, but trying to use a webmaster@ anything is completly email suicide.

    Also recommend against tech@, sales@, info@

    The main tip I can personally give, whatever email you do decide to use whether it be on your own domain or Yahoo, gmail or whatever like Robin suggested...

    Do NOT list it on the website in plain text!

    Hide it with javascript, or put it on an image, or use a web-based forum for contact.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •