Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    pdauction is offline New Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Help in the UK please?

    Hi,

    Thanks firstly for welcoming me onto your forum. I will try to be brief.

    Basically I have two app designs that I am struggling to implement.

    The first is around making betting a more social experience and linking players. I have approached William Hill and Paddy Power but to no success. My app basically serves as a place for people to share their bets with others (rather than mates texting each other the bets they have placed or putting them on Facebook/Twitter). I am rather surprised that something along these lines doesn't currently exist. I had always felt that this could work with a portal but am by no means a technical expert. I'm after a bit advice as to if this is possible/why this hasn't been done before-I am happy to share my design and see if anyone thinks it worth progressing?

    My second question is regarding the copyright protection of the English football league fixtures. There is currently no stand out appleised, easy to use, simple football scores app available (in my view). I have designed one with a clever twist that may generate money. The problem is, is that to publish this app I'd have to pay tens of thousands to be able to publish the fixtures. I was therefore looking to find a partner who already has the rights but before I build and try and punt this to a major media outlet I wondered how this is dealt with with gambling portals and if there is any way around this?

    Grateful for any help anyone can give me, especially along the lines of the dynamics I have mentioned within the UK.

    Many thanks
    Paul

  2. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    On point/idea 1 - I think there are a couple of sites that do similar stuff (but can't remember what they are off the top of my head). I would imagine the operators might not be interested because/if it's going to show bets placed with rival operators. Think WillHill have a feature where when you place a bet (or select one, can't remember) it shows the popularity with other punters (I'm sure I've seen this on horse racing occasionally, but don't bet on anything else so don't know it it's more widespread. Don't recall seeing it anywhere else - Bet365, Victor etc).

    I'm not convinced this is a feature that people would really want. There are forums where punters can already share this sort of thing....and for those that aren't involved in forums then I would have thought they'd just Facebook their mates (or something similar).

    Having said all that, can't quite picture how you would work it, and appreciate you might have something that no one else can match.


    Second question will have to defer to experts!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    kazinoportal (24 April 2014)

  4. #3
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    No football scores app? I can think of 10 - and find livescore.com app very easy it's currently on my tablet & phone.
    Or are you thinking about more than scores?

    As for the social sharing of bet - it's a good idea as the social network seems to be slowing diminishing the popularity of forums - but just like a forum you have the battle of somehow keeping your app popular and relevant. Tricky if it's a one reason download.

    That's where facebook / twitter still score highly. The have a huge base of existing users who are active for other reasons.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (20 April 2014), kazinoportal (24 April 2014)

  6. #4
    TomDyson is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Not based on my own experience but the concept of social betting or marketing by using social networks comes up at a lot of industry conferences and a point I've heard made a number of times is that people only want to broadcast wins or exceptional losses i.e. the £2 accumulator that would have paid out £1m if only the final result of 28 had gone their way. It is just an opinion of course but for a lot people betting is not something they want to share with a large number of people until after the result and for the few you do you can always text/facebook your mates as you said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •