Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1. #1
    Professor Axiom's Avatar
    Professor Axiom is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default How often do you like to see commission stats updated? Feedback wanted

    We are getting ready to launch a casino and affiliate program. We are wondering how often affiliates prefer to see their commission stats updated. Affiliate commissions going up and then down seem like it could be disheartening at times. Update too frequently and you see too many ups and downs. Update infrequently and it seems a program could be viewed as less trustworthy.

    1. How often do YOU like to see commissions updated?
    2. How often does your primary affiliate program update commission stats?

    Do you view any particular time-frame between updates as the industry standard?

    I am asking particularly about the commission stats themselves. Not the click stats or signup stats which are easier to update more frequently.

    Any feedback is appreciated either here or privately.

    Thanks,

    The Professor!

  2. #2
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    1. As it is the 21st century, I prefer real time updates.

    2. My favourite affiliate program updates ALL stats in real time.

    --- The industry standard seems to be daily updates - probably because that's what the bigger programs do. Not that I hang on my stats, but I personally do not think daily updates are enough.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (7 August 2014), Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  4. #3
    Professor Axiom's Avatar
    Professor Axiom is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    1. As it is the 21st century, I prefer real time updates.

    2. My favourite affiliate program updates ALL stats in real time.

    --- The industry standard seems to be daily updates - probably because that's what the bigger programs do. Not that I hang on my stats, but I personally do not think daily updates are enough.
    Thanks, Shay. This is helpful information. I am looking forward to some more responses/comments. Thanks to everyone in advance

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,663
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 8,277 Times in 5,243 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    As it is the 21st century
    Darn, thanks for reminding me, I have to set the clock ahead 100 years as I was still in the dark ages...lol

    I agree that real time updating is preferred.

    Rick
    Universal4

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 August 2014), ocreditor (7 August 2014), Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  7. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,337
    Thanks
    1,994
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 2,048 Posts

    Default

    On the face of it - it's hard to see why real time information cannot be displayed to affiliates. After all the information must be being captured as it occurs and recorded into a database - so it should not to be too hard to have the affiliate system pull the information from that SAME database right. Simple?

    However, with the combination of different systems these days, ranging from banner platforms, player account platforms, sportsbook casino and poker software etc, I can see that there might be a case where the player/banner/registration/profit data is actually not stored in one single place but actually in a whole range of specialised databases :
    - banner and click data in one
    - player account and balance in another
    - win/loss details in each segment platform
    - and probably a whole lot I haven't thought of.

    This is probably one of the negative side effects of the various plug n play platforms available to online casino and affiliate groups these days, they can offer software and games from many providers, but it means that the customer/player/affiliate data is distributed around different areas and it's a complex environment.

    In this case I can see that the affiliate reporting system is not going to come with automatic hooks into EVERY combination, and that there will have to be some sort of automated "batch" process that kicks off periodically to collate all this information and store it in a form that the affiliate reporting system can use. In this case I personally believe that daily is acceptable - especially if the date/time of last update is displayed.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 August 2014), ocreditor (7 August 2014), Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  9. #6
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,823
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Real time updates would be the ultimate way to go. Statistical reports that are manually updated, especially by questionable programs, sometimes make me wonder if they've been doctored.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 August 2014), Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  11. #7
    sportsfreak is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    In real time for sure. Not because I am checking stats all day but because I just think thats the way to go.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to sportsfreak For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  13. #8
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,871
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 840 Posts

    Default

    Real time would be great, once a day is fine though really unless you're totally obsessed

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  15. #9
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    On the face of it - it's hard to see why real time information cannot be displayed to affiliates. After all the information must be being captured as it occurs and recorded into a database - so it should not to be too hard to have the affiliate system pull the information from that SAME database right. Simple?

    However, with the combination of different systems these days, ranging from banner platforms, player account platforms, sportsbook casino and poker software etc, I can see that there might be a case where the player/banner/registration/profit data is actually not stored in one single place but actually in a whole range of specialised databases :
    - banner and click data in one
    - player account and balance in another
    - win/loss details in each segment platform
    - and probably a whole lot I haven't thought of.

    This is probably one of the negative side effects of the various plug n play platforms available to online casino and affiliate groups these days, they can offer software and games from many providers, but it means that the customer/player/affiliate data is distributed around different areas and it's a complex environment.

    In this case I can see that the affiliate reporting system is not going to come with automatic hooks into EVERY combination, and that there will have to be some sort of automated "batch" process that kicks off periodically to collate all this information and store it in a form that the affiliate reporting system can use. In this case I personally believe that daily is acceptable - especially if the date/time of last update is displayed.
    This post then would beg the question of how a player's balance is kept "real time", as they have the ability to load/play different games spread across a number of different platforms (for some programs).

    That being said, perhaps I should revise my working definition of "real time" to mean "when a player closes out of a game, the stats are updated".

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  17. #10
    harrisrando is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Real time updating is very important in order to analyze your efforts when it comes to media buying and time sensitive traffic methods. So, at least for me, it must be updated in real time.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to harrisrando For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  19. #11
    sportsfreak is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Unfortunately almost none of the programs I am working with are updating in real time. As said before I am not a stats junkie but I actually think its only Tipico for me. Know of other International/European bookies to update in real time?

    Oh and just as Shay mentioned, by real time I also mean once player session is completed.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to sportsfreak For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  21. #12
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 332 Times in 254 Posts

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to F-L-C For This Useful Post:

    Professor Axiom (7 August 2014)

  23. #13
    gamblingbitcoin's Avatar
    gamblingbitcoin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    - once a day is ok for me
    - payments frequency is more important to me.

  24. #14
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 383 Times in 268 Posts

    Default

    Quite happy with once a day personally, some consistency over the time of the update each day would be a positive though.

  25. #15
    Planet Mark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    109
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 67 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    Happy with daily, though agree with many of the granularity of reporting comments above.

    Even after all these years I check those damn stats too often

    Mark

  26. #16
    lufc is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    it would b great to get 'live stats' for when doing PPC stuff but once a day is ok although I wish it was early morning rather than around midday when bet365 seem to update

  27. #17
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,070
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,641
    Thanked 3,535 Times in 2,203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    This post then would beg the question of how a player's balance is kept "real time", as they have the ability to load/play different games spread across a number of different platforms (for some programs).

    That being said, perhaps I should revise my working definition of "real time" to mean "when a player closes out of a game, the stats are updated".
    I wanted to comment on this thread in general and particularly your comment here Shay and Gooner's comments.

    Using our program as an example, our stats update anywhere from every 15 minutes to every 2 hours.

    Each different stat, clicks, downloads, regs etc will update at a different frequency because as Gooner mentioned, the data is stored in different places. We have multiple servers that have all of this information stored, as well as multiple backup servers in case one of them crashes.

    Now look at how many brands we have (29 plus the 5 mobile brands, so technically 34 brands) and the number of affiliates we have (I will just say it is a LOT). To compile all of that data from every server each part of data is stored on takes time and is heavy on the database, which is why the stats are only updated every X minutes and not every minute. You have to remember that even empty rows are updated, not just rows that contain data. So the database has to be queried in full every time the information needs to be updated.

    To actually update our stats in real time would likely crash our servers.

    This is just a small example.

    Anyway I hope this helps with any questions related to data population.

    Cheers
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (7 August 2014), TheGooner (7 August 2014)

  29. #18
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,337
    Thanks
    1,994
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 2,048 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    Real time updates would be the ultimate way to go.
    Agree that I'd love to see a "Real Time" approach (and I have 2-3 partners that manage that) but it's either an expensive custom IT job, or they are just running a single platform that comes with built in reporting.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    Statistical reports that are manually updated, especially by questionable programs, sometimes make me wonder if they've been doctored.
    I wouldn't expect or accept anything that needs to be manually updated on a regular basis. I can't believe that any affiliate system that wants to grow beyond 100 affiliates envisions manual stats.

    But batch processing stats with an automated process that pulls data from a large number of different sources is acceptable to me.

  30. #19
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,683
    Thanks
    418
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,412 Posts

    Default

    I'm quite happy with daily reporting.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

  31. #20
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    5,990
    Thanked 3,819 Times in 2,396 Posts

    Default

    1 & 2 = real time !

    I dont see any reason why not real time...

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to ocreditor For This Useful Post:

    Roulette Zeitung (7 August 2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •