Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    belgamo is offline In Memorium, 1967-2017
    Join Date
    December 2005
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

    Default I feel so sorry for new affiliates

    My biggest peave with affiliate programs attending the LAC is when you deliver a good number of players and make a program 150k+ a year in profits and they go who are you and then blow you off. WTF!!!

    If I am treated like that new affiliates must really be getting the shaft. Mind you this was not one but THREE different programs treated me like this. Just blows my mind, I thought we were "partners", guess not. Now there were others that were all to happy to discuss things in meetings or when I stopped by thier booth, those programs will see the benifit of that attention.

    I thought the programs were in attendence to push thier programs and help themselves and us, not find a way to destroy relationships.

    KUDOS to most though!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to belgamo For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (31 January 2010)

  3. #2
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    You want to change things - then start by naming the programs in your post!
    Otherwise it's pointless.

  4. #3
    belgamo is offline In Memorium, 1967-2017
    Join Date
    December 2005
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    It is not pointless to not name them in public. Why cause a stir with these programs publically, when I have not had a chance to let them change thier tune. I will be dealing with these three in private when I return home from London, if then they don't change thier attitude I will name them.

    I simply at this point wanted call out the fact that if you are new and a program ignores you, you should not feel alone as established webmasters can be dissed to.

  5. #4
    Spearmaster is offline In Memoriam, 1964-2010
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    1,993
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 141 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Inquiring minds want to know

  6. #5
    arisoftnet's Avatar
    arisoftnet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belgamo View Post
    It is not pointless to not name them in public. Why cause a stir with these programs publically, when I have not had a chance to let them change thier tune. I will be dealing with these three in private when I return home from London, if then they don't change thier attitude I will name them.

    I simply at this point wanted call out the fact that if you are new and a program ignores you, you should not feel alone as established webmasters can be dissed to.

    I agree with you 100% as from the point that you are earning good money from them ...there is something we say " Proud doesnt always win"

  7. #6
    lauferb's Avatar
    lauferb is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by belgamo View Post
    My biggest peave with affiliate programs attending the LAC is when you deliver a good number of players and make a program 150k+ a year in profits and they go who are you and then blow you off. WTF!!!

    If I am treated like that new affiliates must really be getting the shaft. Mind you this was not one but THREE different programs treated me like this. Just blows my mind, I thought we were "partners", guess not. Now there were others that were all to happy to discuss things in meetings or when I stopped by thier booth, those programs will see the benifit of that attention.
    hi belgamo
    there is a relatively new unit called GAC (gambling affiliation union) that may help in your situation. more information is in their site: http://gamblingaffiliatesunion.org/
    personally I dont know much about this organization, just registered to it, and I met the founder in LAC but I think that they are really there to help in situation like you mentioned
    The Game Maker

  8. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,985
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,296 Times in 5,980 Posts

    Default

    Well nothing against the Union or what Paul and the members can get accomplished in the future going forward, but if an affiliates has to join the union in order to gain respect, that I do not think I would respect the affiliate program much anyway.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    buyonaut (2 February 2010), Chips (2 February 2010), Dominique (2 February 2010), Skinski (2 February 2010)

  10. #8
    affeurope is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I definitely feel the for the affiliate in this situation. as with all industries the biggest customers get the best treatment and it can be sometimes difficult especially at a busy even that ultimately is only the length of two business days to accommodate everyone. I would not give up hope on the programs that were not so friendly!

  11. #9
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    It is not pointless to not name them in public.
    Were all on the same team and would be interesting. I prefer smaller venues the one on one interaction is far better.

    pgaming/shaddy

  12. #10
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    This has happened to me also, quite a few times over the years.

    I figured they decided they had maxed out revenues from my site and were there to look for new blood.

    So when I got home I decided to agree with them, they had indeed maxed out and got removed or buried on the bottom.

    I don't know what exactly happened to you, Belgamo, maybe you were snubbed on purpose and maybe they were just busy or distracted.

    Personally, if I make a long, expensive trip to see certain people and they don't have the time of day for me, I just get frustrated.

    There are lots of good, trustworthy programs who do care about what their affs have to say. So I stick with them.

    If a program finds itself losing productive affs after a conference, they need to rethink what they are doing there. Maybe send more people, maybe find a way to follow-up with those affs they did not have time to talk to.

  13. #11
    gamblingbutler is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    vienna
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    I personally find it a bit drastic to quickly drop the program as a result of getting no or not enough attention at the conference. I mean, because one aff manager blew you off, doesn't mean that the whole program disrespects you. Some aff managers simply are not cut our for the job but why blame the program?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to gamblingbutler For This Useful Post:

    livefree247 (2 February 2010)

  15. #12
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Belgamo

    I would send that traffic to the ones who give a damn. I am like you. Why put up with that crap ?

    I personally would sent it to the one with with most eyebrow piercings.
    "CasinoJack"


  16. #13
    buyonaut's Avatar
    buyonaut is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Zagreb, HR, South from North
    Posts
    163
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 47 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Well, nobody like to be treated like piece of sh**.
    Then on the other hand, take a look at your earnings with this guys and how much YOU benefit from it - do you make money with them? Do they pay you, fair and square, on time? Do you trust their program? You get help when you need it? If answers to this questions are Yes, I guess your future business relationship with them is clear. If not, just dump them and move on. It is 2-way street, the life of affiliate - just as they can be bad to you, you can stop working with them and all good. Plenty of other good people and programs around to play with

    I can think of 100 things that make this people behave rude to you; too much pressure on them, too much alcohol last night, they are not interested in job they do, bad manners and so on. Or that particular person just don't know the business!

    It can be very disappointing if you wanted to discuss how to make things better and instead of that you get kicked out, but I would not base my actions on emotions but reason. It is business after all, for both parties involved.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to buyonaut For This Useful Post:

    livefree247 (2 February 2010)

  18. #14
    AE-Martyn is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,050
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    637
    Thanked 763 Times in 434 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casinojack View Post
    I personally would sent it to the one with with most eyebrow piercings.
    Eyebrow piercing??? I thought you had been in a fight!

  19. #15
    tomgalanis is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 201 Times in 104 Posts

    Default

    I hope those guys were just having an off day. What I must say is that it is damn hard work running a stand at those shows and it's easy to appear rude when you're naturally quite the opposite - it's very stressful!

    That said, if they knew who you were and what you are bringing to their brand and were being openly rude - that isn't on. Give them a chance to explain themselves though!
    First Look Games
    HTML Code:
    https://www.firstlookgames.com
    TAG Media
    HTML Code:
    https://www.tag.media
    Sweepschoice
    HTML Code:
    https://www.sweepschoice.com

  20. #16
    belgamo is offline In Memorium, 1967-2017
    Join Date
    December 2005
    Posts
    183
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    I just got back last night, in fact had Jtodd on my flight and chatted with him for awhile, but I can say I have already contacted two of the programs and everything has been smoothed out. So one to go. As stated will keep you updated.

    I will admit though that this was the only damper on the the whole experience, other wise it was AWESOME!!

  21. #17
    brean78's Avatar
    brean78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 78 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    I would have to ask, were these really programs you were sending a lot of business to? I know 99% of the aff managers I work with by name, about 60% are on my msn, skype or linkedin and the rest I deal with by email or phone.

    If I am meeting them at the conference then we have a time scheduled in and we would normally have phoned ahead to confirm.

    There was one rare occassion where I went to a stand in Budapest and they had no details about who I was or the meeting. But it turned out that the aff manager had lost his diary and was preying that people came to see him. He was extremely apologetic and we sorted things out.

    To be fair to Belgamo, you might deal with a lot more programs then me, so it may be trickier to know everyone, but these three programs want there heads reading if thats the way they treated you as all my experiences have been positive.

    To made a good point about stress, its a long day for those aff mans on the stand. Usually carried out with a nasty hangover....

  22. #18
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    If you are an affiliate manager who cant stand all day, get a chair. Serious this is a fun easy job. yes there is stress, but you want a hard job, try roofing for a year.

    There is NO excuse to be unprofessional. Cancel an appointment if you cant make it, is called communication, but better be a good reason, and not cuase you drank to much the night before.
    "CasinoJack"


  23. #19
    DaveSold99's Avatar
    DaveSold99 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Arrogance and rudeness are used by people as defense mechanisms when they feel insecure about their authority status... if you know what I mean...
    Dave Sold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •