Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default Individual Team Niche - Journal

    I have just launched my new project which can be found at www.lfcbettingtips.co.uk

    Please let me know what you think of the site design or anything else you can pick up on - any criticism will be taken on board gladly so don't hold back! Any broken links, unaligned images, design flaws - let me know!


    I decided to try my hand at targeting a specific niche like this for a couple of reasons.


    The main reason is (obviously) I am a Liverpool fan myself so writing about LFC is something I have knowledge and passion about.


    I was struggling to produce content for my first site and it was starting to feel forced when I was writing. With this project I'll be able to produce natural, quality, content fairly easily.


    I plan to roll out betting tips for every LFC game this season and I think via social media we should get a decent amount of visitors. I'm hoping it will build plenty of return visitors but only time will tell whether or not it will convert well.


    I've been inspired by wonderpunter's efforts in his journal on here so thought I'd post a journal of my own to log how it gets on!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aidan90 For This Useful Post:

    a_1_poker (25 September 2016), DanHorvat (12 July 2016), wonderpunter (12 July 2016)

  3. #2
    kieran112 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    As a liverpool fan myself, I think this is a really good idea.

    Your social media icons are blocking the about us page on top right off desktop view.

    Link to footballbetprofit in footer is broken.

    Will be interesting to see how you get on when football season starts properly.


    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kieran112 For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (12 July 2016)

  5. #3
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Kieran, I have fixed the link and changed the way the social media icons display now, think that's better!

  6. #4
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,420
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    In few months you will be able to look back at this thread to see how far you have come, with regards to the conversions that is something you will have to tweak, first get some traffic, there are millions of LFC supporters across the globe you might want to remove the term free bet as it seems to be a T&C killer.. many books have pretty strict rules on it, last thing you want is a ton of players being frozen out.. The site itself looks clean however try and get some more images, and fill up that homepage with lots of interesting content, try and add content never seen before e.g crazy idea mst expensive Liverpool boot fetched at auction or something similar, you want grabbable shareable content make it sensational

    Good Luck


  7. #5
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    I mentioned in the other thread I like the idea - definitely going to be watching this with interest.

    As for the site - the header is quite big for one that follows you down the page. Takes up about 25% of my screen.

    The 'more sites' link on the right hand side goes to a 404, just FYI.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  8. #6
    suffolkpoker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    It seems you have spelt ITFC and Ipswich wrong.

    The link n your about page is broken, i assume that should go back to the home page.

  9. #7
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    In few months you will be able to look back at this thread to see how far you have come, with regards to the conversions that is something you will have to tweak, first get some traffic, there are millions of LFC supporters across the globe you might want to remove the term free bet as it seems to be a T&C killer.. many books have pretty strict rules on it, last thing you want is a ton of players being frozen out.. The site itself looks clean however try and get some more images, and fill up that homepage with lots of interesting content, try and add content never seen before e.g crazy idea mst expensive Liverpool boot fetched at auction or something similar, you want grabbable shareable content make it sensational

    Good Luck
    Thanks for the insight, like I said - reading your thread definitely inspired me to do this! I've built up 3.5k genuine followers on twitter so hopefully that will be a good start.

    As far as I know, the bookmakers I've chosen are okay with the use of the word free bet but I'll look into it - I know Bet365 don't like it but I'm not yet promoting them on this site.

  10. #8
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I've also fixed the links and reduced the header size - thanks guys!

  11. #9
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidan90 View Post
    I've also fixed the links and reduced the header size - thanks guys!
    Yeah that's better.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  12. #10
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Think about your reader.

    I can't judge based on three articles that are on the site right now, but I'd just like to warn you that if you've chosen to be team-specific you can only do that by being a quality insider source. No generic articles for dumb readers (not saying that the articles on the site now are generic).

    If you do it right you can expand to other teams.

    You didn't post an article since 7 July BTW. Did LFC beat Tranmere? Any transfer news?
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  13. #11
    Voids is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Default

    How did you manage to build your twitter following? I can't seem to get above 2.5k and have been sat here for around 12 months!

  14. #12
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Think about your reader.

    I can't judge based on three articles that are on the site right now, but I'd just like to warn you that if you've chosen to be team-specific you can only do that by being a quality insider source. No generic articles for dumb readers (not saying that the articles on the site now are generic).

    If you do it right you can expand to other teams.

    You didn't post an article since 7 July BTW. Did LFC beat Tranmere? Any transfer news?
    I agree with what you're saying about the quality content, I have a season ticket at Anfield so once the season begins I should be able to post some content that only people in and around the ground would have access to.

    Unfortunately I don't do this full time so I can't add as much content as I'd like to and getting the site design sorted and setting it live has taken all my time this last week. Will be focusing on content from now on!

  15. #13
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voids View Post
    How did you manage to build your twitter following? I can't seem to get above 2.5k and have been sat here for around 12 months!
    Purely built by follower churn (following people interested in my topic then unfollowing if they dont follow back) I use the crowdfire app to do this.

    I have a few accounts so I can share content between them all. I have found that the niche market like LFC gets follow backs so much easier than my general betting account. It's also easier to find people that are interested in LFC than people who are interested in betting in general.

  16. #14
    Voids is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2012
    Posts
    634
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked 219 Times in 166 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I can see that. Good luck mate, will be watching closely!

  17. #15
    gaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2016
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Content matters ! I know that they are a lot of topics you can write about, but still ...Euro 2016 and Anfield players ?

  18. #16
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaming View Post
    Content matters ! I know that they are a lot of topics you can write about, but still ...Euro 2016 and Anfield players ?
    That's the article I'm currently working on!

  19. #17
    gaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2016
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Great

  20. #18
    MMM
    MMM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 719 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    Like that idea.

    Few things:
    Ladbrokes logo on top goes to the image itself (i assume the logo is there by mistake anyway).

    I think you need much more content on the home page. You don't have much time to catch the visitors eye so more articles, sub-sections, images.

    I would tweak the H1 and replace the second LFS with Liverpool (maybe will catch more kw - currently you have 7 full words in title, but 3 of them are doubled).

    Good luck!
    Best casinos to play slot machines online for real money. Reviews of best Real Money Casinos online.
    Check OnlineBlackjackExplorer for ratings of the best casinos to play blackjack online. Which games offer the lowest house edge, as well as free blackjack games, live dealer and mobile blackjack sites.

  21. #19
    TomGJ's Avatar
    TomGJ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    From SEO perspective looks good, pagespeed is good (checked via Google Devs), website seems more or less responsive (do you have all resolutions plugged?) and also checked your SEO scores, around 60-70 out of 100. You're doing good, I would just take care of content and value links, preferably from your content. Try getting on as many Liverpool fan zones (social media, sites, etc.) as you can get.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to TomGJ For This Useful Post:

    Aidan90 (14 July 2016)

  23. #20
    Aidan90's Avatar
    Aidan90 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 149 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Like that idea.

    Few things:
    Ladbrokes logo on top goes to the image itself (i assume the logo is there by mistake anyway).

    I think you need much more content on the home page. You don't have much time to catch the visitors eye so more articles, sub-sections, images.

    I would tweak the H1 and replace the second LFS with Liverpool (maybe will catch more kw - currently you have 7 full words in title, but 3 of them are doubled).

    Good luck!
    Yeah Ladbrokes Logo was a placeholder whilst I wait for them to produce a new banner for me. More content on the homepage is definitely needed, my tips will be there when the season starts so that should be something to catch the eye.

    Thanks for the advice about the title - looks much better with the second LFC changed to Liverpool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •