Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    vardan's Avatar
    vardan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 231 Times in 156 Posts

    Post Interesting article about links.

    Hello,

    I've found this article about links and link building; http://searchengineland.com/naturall...ll-hate-215289.

    Please read and comment, it will be very interesting to know your thoughts.

    Regards.

  2. #2
    DraftDaily's Avatar
    DraftDaily is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2015
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Hi, well I read the entire article and its a good article but I have my own opinions on Google and SEO. First I hate google for changing their search algo.

    The reason behind them chaning the algo in the first place a few years ago was to stop affiliate marketers from out ranking the sites whose products they were helping to promote. The funny thing is they never bothered to ask the sites paying the affiliates how they if they liked all that extra income.

    Thats because they'd rather have those companies pay for more ads. Now from this article it looks like even natural links can hurt you like "oh yeah sure that one link sending you all that traffic, yeah its bad for you" I wonder why they would say that?

    This year while writing up our marketing plan I took a long hard look at SEO and how its changed over the last ten years since I've been in IM. I can to the simple conclusion that only minimal resources would going to link building.

    I mean why bother when they can just change the algo and all that work goes to the crapper. I also came to the conclusion that I'd rather have traffic than page 1 rankings, and they are not always synonymous.

    IMO social media marketing is the new SEO, with social media I was able to start generating hits to my coming soon landing page and blog articles they same day they were live not weeks and months latter.

    Adwords is something I will be investing this year but I'll be putting twice as much into FB ads. I did some small experiments there and was able to get good traffic for only 7 cents a click. I'm sure with a little more work I can get that number down even more if I scrape up a custom audience.


  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DraftDaily For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (4 March 2015), Slottero (4 March 2015), vardan (4 March 2015)

  4. #3
    Slottero's Avatar
    Slottero is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    There is no guarantee that our SEO will work tomorrow. I have done a lot of different things in 2014 but I understand that 2015 is absolutely another period for SEO.
    I have read the article but it tells only general things... The fact is that SEO must be qualitative only. If you use forums for getting links, think twice before using it for your seo.
    However, I believe that really qualitative gambling sites can live and get traffic... but there are a lot of sites in the top with poor content and poor usability...and Google accept such sources... I dont understand it.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slottero For This Useful Post:

    vardan (4 March 2015)

  6. #4
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,410
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slottero View Post
    There is no guarantee that our SEO will work tomorrow. I have done a lot of different things in 2014 but I understand that 2015 is absolutely another period for SEO.
    I have read the article but it tells only general things... The fact is that SEO must be qualitative only. If you use forums for getting links, think twice before using it for your seo.
    However, I believe that really qualitative gambling sites can live and get traffic... but there are a lot of sites in the top with poor content and poor usability...and Google accept such sources... I dont understand it.
    I come across these thin scraped spammy sites always.. few bits of text.. they always pop up for tournaments.. they never last but they can put your rankings down during the best times of the games you are targeting, World Cup, Super Bowl etc.. there should be a time limit on ranking these sites even with high backlinks pointing to them.. the site will be around for 3 weeks before it drops.. thats enough time to take all the top positions for the big key words


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    vardan (4 March 2015)

  8. #5
    vardan's Avatar
    vardan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 231 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Hi, thanks for all comments.

    I have doubts about post signature; is it really dangerous create it by using some keywords?
    In my case I have a descriptional signature (I guess so), but after reading that article I am a little confused, to continue posting with it, or not.
    Also there are many webmasters in this forum with similiar signatures, and maybe they would be interested to know more about this too.

    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

  9. #6
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Everything DraftDaily said is correct.

    I don't bother building links. I do on-page SEO and that's as much of a "free lunch" as you can get.

    After that you pay for advertising.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DanHorvat For This Useful Post:

    Top Online Casinos (9 March 2015)

  11. #7
    JohnA is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2014
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    I'm not sure if Google's new (well, not really new) and strict policy of penalties is going to pay off in the end.

    Sure, some people do move to Adwords as a consequence, but more and more people move to other types of paid advertising instead such as Facebook, Twitter etc.

    Google is really alienating webmasters recently, inadvertently also driving these people away from focusing on traditional websites into other avenues such as social etc., which at some point is going to negatively affect Google as well.

  12. #8
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,410
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA View Post
    I'm not sure if Google's new (well, not really new) and strict policy of penalties is going to pay off in the end.

    Sure, some people do move to Adwords as a consequence, but more and more people move to other types of paid advertising instead such as Facebook, Twitter etc.

    Google is really alienating webmasters recently, inadvertently also driving these people away from focusing on traditional websites into other avenues such as social etc., which at some point is going to negatively affect Google as well.
    The way I see it.. you have to keep working your site and adapting, they old days of throwing up a website and dominating the keywords are limited.. Google prefers fresh content, I still see guides from 2012 which are no longer relevant yet still top the rankings.. these are the type of sites that should be replaced.. same goes for Casino, Sports reviews from years ago.. Google rewards those who consistently work and adapt to change.. One thing is for sure Search results now are much better than they were 5 years ago. Not for webmasters perhaps but for the end User.


  13. #9
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Just gonna keep doing what we do until it stops working. Too difficult to keep up with all this nonsense.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    agsgroup (18 April 2015), Top Online Casinos (9 March 2015)

  15. #10
    Top Online Casinos's Avatar
    Top Online Casinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    189
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    148
    Thanked 208 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Just gonna keep doing what we do until it stops working. Too difficult to keep up with all this nonsense.
    That's the direction I've chosen too.. It is indeed getting quite complicated. Especially if tools like webmasters and analytics are feeding us with bogus information.. I've removed it and just do what I usually do / did.. Some sites will work where others won't.. Those that don't will be left alone, those that work will get my attention. So far, I've not been able to determine just what it is that makes a site rank, or doesn't.. So, since it made no sense, I sort of gave up on trying to stay on top.. Google's days of being a search engine as in such are long gone..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •