View Poll Results: What kind of color scheme do you consider the best?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light

    18 58.06%
  • Dark

    11 35.48%
  • Other

    2 6.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    JustNeed's Avatar
    JustNeed is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I haven't thought about this question, but if I have the opportunity, I always use a dark theme, it's much more pleasing to the eye that way.

  2. #22
    Quant is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2024
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Light on desktop, dark on mobile seems to be on the top sites (e.g. Gambling.com skins)

  3. #23
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    I always prefer Light mode. I find it easier on the eyes.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  4. #24
    PariuriSiJocuri is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2024
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    This is a very useful question and the answers to it are very valuable.

    On my website, I added a button that allows you to switch between light mode and dark mode. I added it to one of the newest sections, just to test and see how the users react to it. The results are about 50-50 so far. Aesthetically, dark mode always looks better, but it looks to me like people who are not that tech savvy tend to prefer the light mode more, just because it is something they got used to. So this is why I always recommend using the light mode as a main color scheme and adding dark mode as an option. This way, loyal users who visit your website often will appreciate the new feature and will use it if they enjoy it, while new users who might also not be as used to using the internet (and this is something common in my country) will not get confused and will not have any difficulties in finding the things they are looking for.

  5. #25
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PariuriSiJocuri View Post
    Aesthetically, dark mode always looks better, but it looks to me like people who are not that tech savvy tend to prefer the light mode more, just because it is something they got used to.
    Disagree, to say aesthetically, dark mode always looks better, that is your opinion.

    I prefer light mode, and have been tech savvy since before windows came out, so at least a few days.

    Light mode / dark mode, are individual choices.

    It might be an interesting study to see if geo actually has any affect on the results, but there are many more factors to consider, mobile or not, whether some of the darker colors have any impact, and whether certain color schemes also have an impact.

    Rick
    Universal4

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (6 July 2024)

  7. #26
    Silver Crocodile's Avatar
    Silver Crocodile is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2024
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Personally, I lean towards dark background

  8. #27
    PariuriSiJocuri is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2024
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    You are right about the individual choices, of course. But from the reviews and opinions that I have read online, most people tend to go with the dark mode. And I do believe that location is a factor here. Because some people tend to be more conservative than others. This is the case in Romania. The people here are more conservative, even young people. I think this is why most prefer light mode.

    Also, in Romania, most people over 35 or 40 do not find it that easy to go online. I do not want you to think that this is a backwards country or anything like that. It is not. I believe it is again an effect of the conservative nature of the people. If they need something, they do not go on google. If they want some information, they use the TV and news channels. If you have a business here and want to promote it, you absolutely need to go and pay for a TV ad. You might have some success with online ads, but this is a big maybe. However, if you pay for a TV ad, then you will definitely have good results.

  9. #28
    rotirigratuite is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2024
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Dark themes generally work better for casino websites as they evoke a sense of luxury and sophistication, enhancing the overall user experience. It also give a feel of "private/intimacy"

    White themes, in general are used on B2B/Services sites ( Corporate websites News and magazine sites Blogs E-commerce platforms Healthcare websites Educational sites ).

    Trust me, i'm doing websites since 2015, in many fields.

  10. #29
    Sacha MD is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2024
    Location
    US/Europ
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    When it comes to website backgrounds, it really depends on who’s visiting and what the site is about. Most people find light backgrounds with dark text easier to read, which is why it’s common for many websites. But dark backgrounds are getting popular because they look modern and stylish.

    Personally, I like dark backgrounds for gaming and tech sites since they’re easier on the eyes.

  11. #30
    CasinoBonusDetective's Avatar
    CasinoBonusDetective is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2024
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Personally I think dark website backgrounds work well because they can draw more attention to call-to-action buttons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •