View Poll Results: What kind of color scheme do you consider the best?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light

    18 58.06%
  • Dark

    11 35.48%
  • Other

    2 6.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Light or dark background?

    As you know, the two most popular website backgrounds are white, black, or variations of these colors.
    Other background / font colors seem to be marginal.

    What is your opinion, which audience prefer dark sides, what light ones, and what do you prefer?
    Which topics suit which backgrounds?
    In my opinion, dark backgrounds suit casino and cryptocurrency related sites.

  2. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    9,154
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I would choose a dark background too, if I were to create my next website.

  3. #3
    gm2891's Avatar
    gm2891 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Location
    UK/Europe
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 172 Times in 116 Posts

    Default

    It depends on what your website is for. If you want your visitors to be able to read your texts, then the background should be white or light grey, and if you want them to keep their attention on the headlines, images, and CTA buttons, then dark should be chosen.

  4. #4
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Default

    Today I'm definitely biased towards a lighter background to support improved readability with lots of content. But, when we first launched the CasinoCity.com website back in 1995 the background was solid black.

    Here is a link to one of the earliest captures of the site by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine featuring a black background and blinking neon lights:

    CasinoCity.com on 20 January 1997

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Gary (23 June 2021)

  6. #5
    Dennie11 is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2021
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I am all for light backgrounds, dark can be quite uncomfortable.

  7. #6
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    I stick to bright colors myself, they are safer. However, a dark theme can be really beautiful if it's properly designed. I am thinking to use a dark theme.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dannyx For This Useful Post:

    fullbenefit (17 September 2021)

  9. #7
    gil.langelaan's Avatar
    gil.langelaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    966
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 308 Times in 244 Posts

    Default

    I would vote for light. I prefer light mode more.

  10. #8
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,105
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    Voted light, this is my personal preference, for me it looks more clean and easy to navigate when everything is bright

  11. #9
    davisjohnson is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2021
    Location
    Philadelphia, USA
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Light is the way for me. Dark might be a little too grim and not so uplifting.
    Unless, using the app at night then for sure it is very handy to have that quick switch option where everything can turn dark.

  12. #10
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    I always go to light colour scheme when working. Just seems easier on the eyes.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  13. #11
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Light. Personal preference.

  14. #12
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Dark hurts my eyes.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  15. #13
    Former Member 31 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2021
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I recently changed the background of my site to black because I heard that people stay longer on darker themes, but there was no change when I checked the analytics.
    I think the brighter background gives a sense of security and makes the site easier to use.

  16. #14
    nsa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2021
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Black is easy to see

  17. #15
    Tetsu is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2024
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I use light theme, because vibrant colours tend to pop-off more in my opinion.

  18. #16
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Personally, I prefer dark backgrounds, but I usually opt for light backgrounds if I'm working with a lot of text.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  19. #17
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Always light.
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  20. #18
    kimelmargaret's Avatar
    kimelmargaret is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2021
    Location
    Österreich, Graz
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Personally, I prefer a light background for working during the day as it makes the text more readable and reduces strain on my eyes in well-lit conditions. However, in the evening or in low light conditions, I usually switch to dark mode. This helps reduce eye fatigue and makes prolonged computer work more comfortable.

  21. #19
    JonHill's Avatar
    JonHill is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I personally prefer dark background everywhere, easier on the eyes and saves power in most cases. But most people are still on the light version, so that's what I use on any sites I work on.

  22. #20
    LuciusB's Avatar
    LuciusB is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2024
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I usually go with the dark one, but I love the light color scheme here, green in particular is very nice and easy on the eyes - I'd just maybe change the "post reply/go advanced/cancel" buttons to have white instead of black text.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •