Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default Use of OnlyWire after Penguin

    I read a recent post on here:
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/lost-quag...on-209253.html

    In this post garythescubaguy, who I know is an SEO Jedi Master has recommended some plugins for Wordpress.... 2 of which were OnlyWire related:
    • WP OnlyWire Auto Poster
    • OnlyWire for WordPress [OFFICIAL]


    Now, my bingo site had been badly slapped by Penguin because of the overuse of money keywords in the anchor text during my excessive spate of article marketing (which worked well until Penguin). Now in the post Penguin world I am reluctant to use automated services that post links with the same anchor text...

    ...so according to my experience I am very worried about using Onlywire for the automated submission of social bookmarks but this is not to say it is not safe. Does anyone have any experience of this?

    Gary if you read this it would be great to get your opinion too.
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  2. #2
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Hi Alex

    Thanks for the email.

    Bookmarks are not really in the same category as back links.

    Bookmarks are typically links from Web 2.0 sites/Social bookmarking websites like Tumblr,Slashdot and Mixx. The majority cannot be controlled to the extent where you can write html or use a wysiwyg interface to place links. In other words they cannot be edited.

    These sites use the title of the article and sometimes a rich snippet as the anchor text. Many will allow you to add tags but these are not links either.

    Now with regard to the duplication of anchor text and any penalties that it may draw; this is not an issue. Google News itself republishes nearly everything in its main database when the correct query is made. Look at all the sites that repurpose AP news stories.

    This is a really basic answer because that is all that's needed, but that's my opinion.

    I think Google randomly looks at signals such as Social Bookmarks within its algorithm. I have repeatedly proven this many times. Several right here on this forum.

    I did a live test at a conference four years ago that showed significant changes within the top ten results on a top ten casino term.
    I did an almost live test last week for oddsnavigator.eu two weeks ago right here with big results on a penalised site.

    The goalposts change so covering off all the boxes are just part of SEO.

    I think it all boils down to LSA or Latent Semantic Analysis. Call them - 'related keywords'.

    We aren't talking about the relationship 'free' or 'online' has with 'bingo' in the big scheme of things. It would be better explained this way - If you took one million articles about 'bingo' and combined them in a database and then extracted the top one hundred keyword sets, and further sorted them by frequency or related references in a single paragraph, and then assigned this a number. For instance if Google saw the term 'punter' rather that 'bettor' they would know one is more likely referenced in the UK and the other in the US and this is one of many parameters or rules.

    So all the algorithms use LSA in their algorithms.

    My theory is that they use all the databased information they have on hand to determine ranks. Previously they only indexed an entire site every month or so, now it's every time they crawl a site. They use enough data that the results can not be engineered by SEO.

    Social bookmarks, Tweet links, sitewide links are all possible elements in Google's daily-changing algorithm that could be considered important.

    One other thing I'll mention is that when you add a social bookmark to your page and your page has a link with used or over-used anchor text, they are still internal site links.


    Hope that helps
    GaryTheScubaGuy
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  3. #3
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the information Gary, your advice and explanation is very much appreciated. You have just crystallised in my mind a direction I can safely push. Its just a shame Onlywire is not free.
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  4. #4
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default Onlywire

    Hi Alex

    Yea it's not free anymore, but its only a few bucks and from what I am told they are adding a bunch of new upgrades to it shortly so if you intend on getting it I would get it now.

    I've also been testing out the new XIndexer by SENuke but besides thinking its a great tool if it works, and having beta tested it and currently using it on a few other sites, it looks like it may be a great tool for several things such as forcing indexation by Google and checking back link statuses on an industrial level.

    This is definitely one I would be careful with. If you or anyone else uses it I would use it strictly to build automated links to the sites that link to yours and get them indexed with this tool.

    Google Penguin still has its loopholes and this is one of them.

    It's not who links to you, its who links to the sites that link to you, are they relevant and are they trusted.

    A VERY SUCCESSFUL TACTIC
    A tactic I use successfully is that I'll do a press release I do the $199 deal through Marketwire, the $369 if its currently top 10 for a top keyword target and nearly $900 through webwire if I am targetingn top 3 for an existing top 10 high-volume keyword.

    From this point I wait days and get a full url list from the PR agency and create an xml file to import into XIndexer, (Pingdom for the generic and probably slower version) and get the Press Release page indexed. Seventy percent will get indexed anyhow because they are typically reputable news agencies. Thirty percent need to be force-fed indexed somehow. I used to use SBM to get links indexed, now I use this technique.

    Okay so once you get your list of pages that are definitely indexed in Google or wherever I am targeting (Yandex, Baidu, etc.) I am ready to use Onlywire.

    Now I want to drive trust and authority by using forty plus SBM to the press release pages, so what you end up with are trusted Web 2.0 sites cumulatively linking to an article that is subsequently linking to you. Sort of like a bunch of third party endorsements.

    The next step with this tactic, for me at least, is incorporating the WP plugin I mentioned, SENukeX and in some cases even buying a few links through Teliad or my network targeting the high volume PR sites with my target keyword and targeting MY actual press release.

    So not to get ahead of myself, all of this cost time and unfortunately money but this is one of the many things that can be done on an industrial level, safely, and effectively.

    One final note - I have 6 computers in my living room alone (seriously - wanna see a pic? ,
    I have dedicated computers just to run Onlywire, SENukeX & XIndexer, one for my Rank Tracker and finally one for several other automated programs. The others are a 55" TV with an Alienware PC set up to monitor everything (and the occasional game of MW3), and watch ESPN America in my PIP, and my iMac.

    Most of these all work twenty-four-seven. The reason I tell you this is that by using any of the above techniques I have not experienced the first penalty on any of my test sites and I run full-on. But I also have a few sacrificial-lamb-sites and not clients or my own key sites.

    The key here is that I am building links and social media to the sites that link to the sites that link to mine, all-the-while using a single keyword or multiple related keywords, so for the time being it's safe from Penguin.

    GaryTheScubaGuy
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  5. #5
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Hi Gary,

    I have read about building links to external pages that link to the target site... I however naively have always reverted to sending those links directly to the target site instead. Probably why I got blasted when Panda was released. Anyway, I soon recovered by creating new pages with the same keywords, which suddenly were indexed on page 1 for the target keywords. I guess it must have been because those pages were linked to by the pages (with a penalty) that had a load of inbound links with the correct keywords I was targeting. I am now much much more careful... and from the sounds of it I have become too careful.

    Would love to see that pic of your living room if its not too much trouble.

    Sent you a PM

    Alex
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  6. #6
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default Industrial Strength SEO


    Add a half dozen cloud servers in as many countries and 120+ outsourced staff and there you have it - "How to set-up an Industrial SEO command centre"

    Oh, and I am running a PowerEdge 11G R10 Rack Server and what they say (haha - got me) is 100mps.

    I live in Malta and do not speak Maltese or any of the other 100+ non-English channels so I hack Netflix and Hulu from the US and the UK. I have an Apple TV but Apple TV is so crap its not worth mentioning.

    The only other thing I should add is that I run software that equates to 20k GBP annually.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  7. #7
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Wowser... now that is one serious setup!!! I am fully impressed. I have a similar view from my office in Cyprus minus the hardcore setup and stray kitten lol. Did you get my PM?
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  8. #8
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Didn't you get my reply?
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  9. #9
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    No I didn't... not to the PM I sent on the 27th
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  10. #10
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Sorry if I missed this answer above but gotta a question Gary....

    Would you only submit articles from sites that link to yours to Onlywire. Or do you also use it to bookmark your article's as well.

    Also, could you give a poor-man's strategy that could work on less competitive keywords for those of us on a smaller budget?

    Thanks a million....as usual.

  11. #11
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Hi Frank

    I use it for both. For instance I have ten subdomains targeting ten region/languages with language meta and WMC geotargeting. Each gets a unique post each day and each has the Onlywire auto-poster plugin that posts each one to thirty to forty social networks.

    For building authority I use a combination of XIndexer and TextLinks.com to build links to sites linking to my target sites.

    In terms of a poor man's strategy for less competitive keyowrds;

    one - use google trends to identify emerging markets - both keyword and regions - that will carry their own set of new keywords usually never searched before. Google says one of four keyword searches are searched for the first time every day. WOW. That's huge. You need to find these keywords.

    two - Use google alerts to monitor your market for emerging products like a new game or product. I targeted CyberBingo.com and when they released their new Tweet Tweet slots game all it took was creating a new page for it.

    three - this is a way to use the idea behind number two - I am not sure if Domain Tools still has the premium service but if they don't there are several on the market. Domain tools was the cheapest at the time. I think Bruce Clay has one similar at a cost, but with better features that match up domains to emerging markets and KEI's. These are tools designed to monitor new domain purchases. When I was a SA I would monitor the usual suspects; poker, bingo,casino,etc. and create rules. The rules varied but one for example was to notify me if a domain was purchased that had my targeted keyword in the URL, and also/again if the individual bought all three TLD; .com, .net., .org, and finally again if someone bought all three plus a ccTLD.

    What this represents is a company geting ready to launch a new site, and probably a significant one if they are trying to protect their URL's.

    A bit of research on who bought it can also unmask intentions.

    So let's say I get an alert for "MaltaBingo.com, .net, .org and .com.mt being bought. Or let's say an existing company like Which Bingo buys up a few similar domains. I already know they are a bingo site. Now all I have to do is either target MaltaBingo's name on a custom built page, or see what domains they are buying up and create a page/directory for that domain name.

    This works for all Affiliate scenarios. I made a ton of money off of "pentapeptides" a few years back when it was created by Dove or Smith-Kline-Beachum or whoever. It was the new name given to a beauty aid and had ZERO search results. Three days later there was though

    The trick here is that most companies do business this way, and the key to the trick is to identify the breakout term and create a page for it before even THEY can lunch a page or a website.

    At this point you call up and get your Super Affiliate agreement.

    "Clued-Up" Tip for Affiliate Pro's - Tired of non-compete's on certain keywords, products or alternative advertising like Adwords/Facebook? The aforementioned tip can kick a few doors in when negotiation time comes around. You clearly have a page/website in place before they were able to launch theirs. You can refuse the non-compete and threaten to send the traffic elsewhere or push back one of many strong-arm tactic these guys use to prevent you from being able to do your job. I've even sold sites because of this. Want an example? I own Microgaming.co and I am building the rankings as we speak. The ins-and-outs of this tactic? Well there are many, but in this case the domain was registered by a non-US company for me and its essentially a .co ccTLD that Cutts promises one day to consider as a primary TLD. It can't be seized and I can't be sued for it - I live in Malta - but I can definitely sell it to someone for the right price.

    Am I convinced this works? I own the .co domain for every land-based casino in Vegas and I just sold cozy.co a few months ago for ten thousand, and I didn't even have a site up an it yet.

    An additional strategy to this technique in that you need to build the site quick and right for SEO, get regular content into it via an ODesk writer or RSS feed and build links and social media saturation using the techniques I have covered previously - onlywire, textlinks or some other really cheap link broker, and your WP plugins.

    I am currently doing this on BinaryOptions.co

    Wonder how much it will go for?

    So the lesson here is think outside the box.

    Do things like look at the back link profile of a competitor and what anchor text they show when you run Majestic SEO's site explorer. This identifies areas of weakness. So if they target poker and poker games and rank well, and you identify a great term that they haven't properly targeted. Piggy-back on their site. Create a page targeting that term and their brand in a comparison-style post and build a few quality links and social media to optimise for the term. I actually link to them as well for various reasons, but primarily linking to an authority site gives you a certain amount of authority as well. This is why I always link out to GambleAware.

    I think the overall key here is that if you find the right terms to target, create pages for them, don't just build a few links. Assemble them under/in your silos so the internal link structure points to that page for any occurrence of the keyword on your site. These are called Juggernauts. This also makes sure their is a clear path, or a hierarchy that starts with your 'hollywood' term like poker, and drives down ten to twenty secondary and long tail keyword deep;

    hollywood - poker
    primary - online poker
    secondary - play online poker
    long tail - play free online poker texas holdem

    FACTS:
    - The average search term query was two to four keywords 5 years ago.
    - Today they are three to seven keywords. Search users are getting smarter.
    - 1 out of 4 search queries are being searched for the first time every day. That's somewhere around 750 million queries per day.
    - These searches represent 60% of all daily conversions

    Oh I almost forgot...

    My favourite tool to identify long-tail keywords, and in REAL-TIME so I can catch trends before anyone else, is Hittail.

    Hittail & Latent Semantics – Hittail tracks in real-time what search engine and keyword/keyword strings sent the end-user to your account. These are done in real-time and register every keyword query, the times and the search engines, versus Google Analytics or similar programs that bunch keyword sets. This can be exported and used for long tail and Latent Semantic content.

    I used Hittail years ago and cut a fifty thousand GBP PPC spend in half and double/tripled conversions overnight. Of course like this though, I showed everybody at conferences how to do it so its not AS effective, but most of these people got lazy or jumped to some other 'flavor-of-the-day' thanks to ADHD. The ones making money have stuck with it and mashed it with other tools and tactics.

    So there you have it. Not all are free but all ARE cheap, so invest a few bucks in the right tools and strategy and start self-funding your marketing.

    GaryTheScubaGuy

    Ps. I have written about this stuff many times here and on SEOChat if you want to see more ways to use these tips. Or just ask.
    Last edited by GaryTheScubaGuy; 30 January 2013 at 11:48 pm.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    Frank Benjamin (30 January 2013)

  13. #12
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Excellent reply Gary. You never disappoint!

    Thank you very much!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •