Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    gregdpowell's Avatar
    gregdpowell is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Makings of a good Affiliate Manager

    We had a post the other day on PAL about this, and I think it's a good topic for discussion here as well; since there are a load of seasoned veterans arming the GPWA

    What makes a good affiliate manager? Other than the basics, quick to respond, helpful, etc. What really makes an affiliate manager an asset to a program and and worth your time working with?

    I know there will be a lot of great feedback from this, but I'll share my takeaway first to get things started. Really in the last year I've found the most beneficial way I can help affiliates is by working with them on an eye level, not a quota level. By this I mean actually checking out their site and engaging in 1-2 conversations before jumping into promotions. Also, I like it when there is a gameplan in place. As a program/affiliate manager you should know what promotions are working, and also which make a good fit on a niche portal.

    Jumping back into the bingo world myself this past year I've re-found this out again! Not every site is the same; traffic demographics alone wont always tell you what you should be promoting. Taking a second to chat with the site owner and see where they're coming from (content strategy, linking strategy, design, etc) all come into play. If your site just does a deposit bonus then the conversation pretty much goes back to 'how much can you pay me' and does it actually convert. However, working with your managers to see what they have available to players (and what they might create for you) is really starting to take hold in gaming much like it did previously in adult/pharma.

    Something to ponder over the Holidays Have a great one guys and thanks again for ALL the great feedback provided here!
    Greg D Powell
    US Bingo Players Wanted

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to gregdpowell For This Useful Post:

    ironman2000 (24 December 2009)

  3. #2
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Greg, you're a legend so don't worry

  4. #3
    ironman2000's Avatar
    ironman2000 is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    758
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 163 Times in 135 Posts

    Default

    To answer this question that comes up so often on the forums.......why I don't know.

    Just follow my example and be Open,Honest and Trustworthy.............and always be contactable 24/7 as I am and you can ask the wife.......lol

    One more issue of mine is that i also recommend that all program representatives to get yourselves on the GAU White List in the coming days. This will give your program creditabillity and a start to put trust back into our Industry for you and players alike.

    Again,I hope you all have a Verry Merry Xmas & Prosperous New Year

    Hope to see most of you in the conference in London...........

    happy festive trading

    Keith
    KEITH WILLIAMSON | INDEPENDANT GAMING CONSULTANT

    SKYPE= ironman20001


    http://twitter.com/ironman20001

  5. #4
    gregdpowell's Avatar
    gregdpowell is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ironman2000 View Post
    To answer this question that comes up so often on the forums.......why I don't know.

    Just follow my example and be Open,Honest and Trustworthy.............and always be contactable 24/7 as I am and you can ask the wife.......lol

    One more issue of mine is that i also recommend that all program representatives to get yourselves on the GAU White List in the coming days. This will give your program creditabillity and a start to put trust back into our Industry for you and players alike.

    Again,I hope you all have a Verry Merry Xmas & Prosperous New Year

    Hope to see most of you in the conference in London...........

    happy festive trading

    Keith
    Chris, thanks mate. You're quite a staple of what a good account manager should be like also.

    Keith, do you think that next year affiliates will help choose which programs they are working with based off the GAU White List? I think the only time this is going to come into play is when an affiliate is trying to select a room to promote on a network when they have 2-3 similar offers. Obviously a track record of paying is a great start!

    I'm thinking the more savvy guys are looking at: the deal, the amount of credibility the program has, the competition level for that room and if they think it converts well (aside from the marketing BS programs pitch

    Good stuff though, anyone else?
    Greg D Powell
    US Bingo Players Wanted

  6. #5
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,683
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 846 Posts

    Default

    I can only speak for myself on this but my best affiliate managers are the ones who will work with me.I know my traffic and what converts better than they do .I also make them aware of things i have issues with in terms of play through requirements etc on bonus offers.Generally I love my managers who will leave me alone so i can work ,if i need something I will contact you not the other way around lol.
    I don't want to get anyone in any trouble here but couple months ago I lost one of my full time content people and Superior Share wanted some extra coverage on our site.I really like Paul and I just didn't have the time or ability to do the work as it was SPANISH content.Paul took the time and did the work himself ,he also helped me with a coding problem that i was having with a general page that had nothing to do with his program.He copied it in a email and send me the correct format.
    He is not my best earner but some times little gestures like this go a long way.Connie Burstin/Slotocash sent me a big bucket with chocolate and wine , you can be sure I will give her more time in the new year hahaha.PPS I can be bribed with chocolate and pate any day hahaha

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •