This thread discusses a number of different topics.
In terms of the hacker, Anthony was given direct responsibility for following up with programs where there were issues, and for letting me know if any of the programs were being uncooperative in a fashion that warranted termination of their GPWA sponsorship. I have asked him to both post an update and to engage more actively in the forums regarding what is happening on that front. He made the following post a few minutes ago:
With respect to the discussion in this thread on Stan James, a couple of points. First of all, Shay, thank you for pointing out the content on the page
www.igamingaffiliateprograms.com/affiliate-program/stan-james-affiliates/.
I have now rewritten the introductory text on that page to conclude with the following sentence: "Many affiliates consider the program to be rogue due to the aggressive termination of affiliate relationships deemed unprofitable."
Also, I would like to be clear that we did not simply let the Stan James sponsorship agreement expire. We made an active decision to terminate the relationship and sent a unilateral notice of GPWA sponsorship termination to them. Certainly I agree the process took too long. From a legal perspective Stan James adopted the position that they were not violating the code of conduct, and their arguments were ones I thought would prevail in a court of law, even though they certainly would not prevail in the eyes of affiliates. I was caught in a situation where I had to agree with Stan James that I would be violating the GPWA's contract with them if I claimed breach of contract on their part as the justification for termination, so a more protracted termination process was required. Some of these details have been explained in other threads.
Michael