Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Meta Tags

  1. #1
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default Meta Tags

    How many meta tags with key words I have to use on my site?5 or 6 or more then 14?
    And My site description under site name should be the same with the meta tags or different?

  2. #2
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    Each page should use, title, description and keywords (NOTE - Before people say google ignore keywords META, yes, they do, some other search engines use them though)

    Each should also be unique for that page

    Title - that is the main one to get right, use your main page keywords but try and also make it look natural if you can

    Description - has no ranking benefit but that is the 2 lines of text you use to sell the page to the searchers

    Keywords - just bang about 7 or 8 in, will do you no harm but may benefit in other searches so you might as well ad them

    Just remember to try and do it all natural and don't go spammy

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    lolTRICKEDu (8 February 2013)

  4. #3
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    Thanks Thebookiesoffers for your detailed answers

  5. #4
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    seach engines usually display the first 155-60 characters (including spaces) of the description meta.

  6. #5
    gayle's Avatar
    gayle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    Some tips that have helped SEO at my site. For example, a page name of /play-blackjack-quiz, I use the 3 keywords at the beginning of
    title, description and keywords text. 1) Do not use the keyword 'blackjack' more than 3 times in any of the 3 sections to avoid keyword stuffing.
    2) For this example, you have the benefit of searches that will capture both 'play blackjack' and 'blackjack quiz'. I usually use 3 keywords for each of the pages at the site for that reason.
    3) no more than 5 keywords and they should/can be phrases.
    4) I agree with the previous post in that the description is 'the big sell' for that page.
    5) Be sure to use your 3 keywords within the text of the page. I try for once every 100-150 words, so the SE's index, rank and spread the word.
    6) Participating in Social Media, specifically Twitter and FB is a traffic booster. I have started using HootSuite so that within any month, all or the majority of pages at the site are 'twitting'
    My host provides a monthly report for all pages/keywords at the site and where they sit within the 3 major SEs. So, if that page appears in the first 30 searches of G, then that placement appears in blue while others appear as >30. I am pleased to say of the 160 pages at gamerisms, only 20 are not blue.
    HTH
    Gayle Mitchell
    writer/publisher

  7. #6
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    I will try to avoid to avoid keyword stuffing.I promote my site in social media.I know how important it is.
    Thanks for the great advices.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •