Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default backlinks from outside UK

    Hi -

    QQ - would a backlink from a site outside the UK add value to a UK-focused site? Would it depend on the traffic that US-facing site is receiving from the UK?

    thanks,

  2. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Hi casinomark, I believe that it would make a difference. It also depends on the quality of your backlinks and their added value. You're also correct when you say that they depend on each other and support each other mutually. These backlinks have to send the most targeted and relevant traffic to your website or websites involved.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (30 May 2018)

  4. #3
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Hi -

    QQ - would a backlink from a site outside the UK add value to a UK-focused site? Would it depend on the traffic that US-facing site is receiving from the UK?

    thanks,
    I have often wondered this myself.

    I personally believe that links from country specific TLDs are useful for getting more traffic from said country but that they also carry a general weight for their own niche's as well and thus can be useful no matter what. I have read that getting an inordinate amount of links from countries that are not your main focus can be bad SEO wise, but then again, there is a lot of useless SEO crap on the web...

    I think a website's traffic from a specific country also probably factors into the equation. So that is a great point you make. I wish I knew the secret sauce, alas...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (30 May 2018)

  6. #4
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    I would agree. Just because your site is a UK site, a link from the USA is still going to be good as long as the site linking contains similar content as yours. However, the majority of your back links should come from the country in which your website resides or at least from sites in the same language. It is just my theory that links from websites in another language are not going to do a whole lot for you.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TravG For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (30 May 2018)

  8. #5
    vardan's Avatar
    vardan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 231 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Today many websites use Cloudflare and their servers are located in the USA and Canada, at least for a few websites I run the IP checks show that. So if you run UK site but you use Cloudflare's servers, I guess Google will detect it as a US site(for the generic TLDs).

    May be if the backlink is from ccTLDs(even with Cloudflare's IPs), it has different effect and will improve the rankings? Not sure I’ve come to the right conclusions but the globalization affects the internet too and such factors will have less and less impact in future.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to vardan For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (1 June 2018)

  10. #6
    Irefutabilul's Avatar
    Irefutabilul is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vardan View Post
    Not sure I’ve come to the right conclusions but the globalization affects the internet too and such factors will have less and less impact in future.
    Globalization doesn't seem so valid for the online gambling sector as the market gets extremely fragmented with all the new local laws coming into force. If yesterday a .com meant everything in one place (or online casinos offering nearly the same conditions/bonuses for all the players), today you must decide on a specific market to focus if you want to be successful. Everything is so different.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Irefutabilul For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (1 June 2018)

  12. #7
    pokeraussie's Avatar
    pokeraussie is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2016
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 208 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    It will help just be mindful that local links will help for local SEO.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pokeraussie For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (1 June 2018)

  14. #8
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    "Today many websites use Cloudflare and their servers are located in the USA and Canada, at least for a few websites I run the IP checks show that. So if you run UK site but you use Cloudflare's servers, I guess Google will detect it as a US site(for the generic TLDs)."

    Ok, so does this also mean that in GA when I see relatively high US traffic stats, these could be UK residents with Cloudflare?

  15. #9
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Yes, I believe you're correct.

  16. #10
    vardan's Avatar
    vardan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    430
    Thanks
    378
    Thanked 231 Times in 156 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Ok, so does this also mean that in GA when I see relatively high US traffic stats, these could be UK residents with Cloudflare?
    No, if you see US traffic in GA, it means your visitors are from the US. UK residents use UK IPs while browsing (well, if they don't use VPNs), that's the website's IPs that can be changed by using Cloudflare. For example I have contracted a UK based hosting company for my websites and the company provides me with UK servers and IPs. But as I changed the servers to Cloudflare, my websites IPs have been changed and now they show US.

  17. #11
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Ok. Thanks. Cant a uk resident be re-routed through a us server by their isp though?wpuldnt that show them as stateside?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  18. #12
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    "Today many websites use Cloudflare and their servers are located in the USA and Canada, at least for a few websites I run the IP checks show that. So if you run UK site but you use Cloudflare's servers, I guess Google will detect it as a US site(for the generic TLDs)."

    Ok, so does this also mean that in GA when I see relatively high US traffic stats, these could be UK residents with Cloudflare?

    I don't think that you really understand what CloudFlare is. You might want to check out their website in order to get a better understanding of what they do. Getting such knowledge will probably put to rest all of your CF related traffic questions...

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (1 June 2018)

  20. #13
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Ok thanks. Will take a look.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  21. #14
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    A quality link is a quality link. Nothing wrong with having an useful US link to an UK website. Keyword is balance. Also a Polish link for example is nothing wrong but if 90% of your links is from there and you're having an UK website, it might be a problem.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (3 June 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •