
Originally Posted by
chaumi
I gave you an answer (of sorts) above, maybe you missed it, maybe it was just crap!..."I'd suggest that if there is any unobtrusive way of tracking, then other affiliate managers are the most likely to know. Sadly, you very likely wouldn't get any of them telling you that here and maybe the best chance is through (building/maintaining) personal relationships." And - if unclear - I meant 'personal relationships with other affiliate managers' ie so you can find out how/if they do it
This surprised me. Maybe I'm missing something or misunderstanding the sentiment. But you're an affiliate manager, and all the responses here are from affiliates who don't care about how an affiliate manager tracks his/her positions on affiliate websites. As such, the responses were all reasonable (although noted that they're not perceived as valuable to you by you personally,for all the reasons you made clear). You could probably have said all that in a way that was a little less terse!!
The bottom line is this is effectively the wrong audience for your question. You want to be talking to other affiliate/account managers. But it's likely that none of them would share if they knew (competitive advantage) and my guess is few would see this thread (and/or interact with it) anyway.