Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    loquax is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Llanelli
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 124 Times in 62 Posts

    Default Nektan Going In To Administration


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to loquax For This Useful Post:

    The Buzz (14 April 2020)

  3. #2
    The Buzz's Avatar
    The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,270 Posts

    Default

    As an addendum, here is an article from Yahoo on 2 April:

    Easy Come, Easy Go: How Nektan Shareholders Torched 99% Of Their Cash

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/easy-...093356971.html

  4. #3
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default Nektan Going Into Administration

    I must say, this has made my year. I sure hope this goes through.
    https://egr.global/intel/news/nektan-to-appoint-administrators-as-trading-is-suspended/

  5. #4
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    They screwed you?

  6. #5
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    They screwed you?
    Yeah a few hundred k on a white label. Parasites like the rest. Hope their pathetic lying staff end up on the Rock n Roll.

  7. #6
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Effing ouch. A few hundred thousand. That's big and warrants a legal action.

  8. #7
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    Not that they'll be able to pay; now that they're hitting the dumpster.

  9. #8
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malikbhai View Post
    Effing ouch. A few hundred thousand. That's big and warrants a legal action.
    I've heard worse stories about them. This was mostly marketing fees and ****, they still walked off witrh a very nice email database (their actual business model) - pull mugs, get them to promote, take database. I wouldn't really bother chasing them, I have better things to concentrate on. But very happy to see them go down the pan ( in some ways ) It is their partners I feel sorry for, a good few of who I know.

  10. #9
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,456
    Thanks
    9,163
    Thanked 3,006 Times in 2,218 Posts

    Default

    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Micky. Even a few hundred dollars taken from you is still money. That's really disgusting. I suffered the same fate with Affactive when they were shut down a few years ago. I couldn't do anything about it and just had to take it on the chin and move on. I'm still doing okay without them and I've found some new casinos to promote instead.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (23 April 2020), mickyfu (16 April 2020)

  12. #10
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bonus View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Micky. Even a few hundred dollars taken from you is still money. That's really disgusting. I suffered the same fate with Affactive when they were shut down a few years ago. I couldn't do anything about it and just had to take it on the chin and move on. I'm still doing okay without them and I've found some new casinos to promote instead.
    It was sort of an expensive learning curve. I wanted to move into the market to get away from all the scummy affiliate programs closing accounts. What I learnt is in this business you can't get away from the scum. Also had I spent the money on affiliate sites, I'd have been far better off.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyfu For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 April 2020)

  14. #11
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,369
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,111
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 2,838 Posts

    Default

    It's not a surprise, the truth is NEKTAN are not such a great company and this is the result of the bad management which is running for a long time

  15. #12
    Madz's Avatar
    Madz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2015
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 229 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickyfu View Post
    It was sort of an expensive learning curve. I wanted to move into the market to get away from all the scummy affiliate programs closing accounts. What I learnt is in this business you can't get away from the scum. Also had I spent the money on affiliate sites, I'd have been far better off.
    I have dealt with a few shady people over the years ( a long time before I got into this ) with more morals and ethics than the people who operate this gambling affiliate niche. I have also been robbed far more than I ever did back then and for a lot more money and I have not been able to do jack sh!t about it!

    Its opened my eyes to who the real criminals actually are and just what they get away with. I genuinely look forward to meeting up with some of them one day, karma is a bitch and it always comes back to bite you on the a$$.

    This is another reason why I avoid the conferences too many witnesses

  16. #13
    detor's Avatar
    detor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2004
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    We've never worked very closely, we knew some team members, but wow..hardcore

  17. #14
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    Not good at all. Will be interesting to see the fallout of this and impact on programs.

    Thanks for posting, was not aware.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •