
Originally Posted by
universal4
As we move on into the new year and the decade, I am reminded how important the members are to the GPWA. Each and every member here plays an integral part of helping make this community what is is and what it has meant to the many thousands of members and casual visitors over the years.
Another big reminder of the holiday season is the entire family aspect. For me, sadly, I was not able to coordinate a visit with direct family in other parts of the country as I had a few things that stood in the way of being able to make that happen.
But when I think about family, in addition to siblings, direct family and very close friends, I am also reminded very much of my family here at the GPWA.
After 17 years here, I consider MANY of the folks here at the GPWA my extended family and I honestly spend far more time with my family here then I have with my blood relatives for more years than I would care to admit.
So for of those of you who spent the time with your family's, I hope you all had a pleasant and safe time with them, and that any travel either completed or still yet planned will be safe and enjoyable.
When you get back, whether you just want a warm welcome or someone to complain to, don't worry the GPWA family will be here for you, and whether all of us would agree with what is said, we certainly will listen and provide you the opportunity to state your feelings.
Happy Holidays to Everyone!
Rick