Which is the better way now a days Old Domain vs New Domain ?
Which is the better way now a days Old Domain vs New Domain ?
I believe that an old domain name is the better way to go. Without any doubts.![]()
I really appreciate the expert advise in this thread.![]()
Which one is better?
or
![]()
allaboutthebets (15 October 2017)
By "new domain", I assume you mean a domain name that you have picked up for reg fee. It's difficult to find a name that has never been registered, unless you use one of the fancy TLDs of course. Even though you found it unregistered, it can still have unfortunate associations in its past.
Domain age counts - and not counts
Probably other way as people tend to think:
a)
From SEO (Google) point it s almost irrelevant if your domain is 2 years or 20 years old (undeveloped). It is only one of ranking factors in complete algorithm. If it was developed as website then age may count as well + all backlinks, etc. But if it was not developed properly, then you will not profit - in fact a lot of damage !
What it counts is content.
So when we strictly speaking just about domains - age does NOT count
b)
Age counts in domaining - because older the domain - better chance is it is a very good one. So only here age (mostly) does matter !
c)
Also EMD domain or not - in my country SEO experts are in fact propagating very heavily AGAINST emd domains (except very very premium ones), telling that Google is in fact in some way "penalising" such emd terms ... you may believe them or not - it is not my intention to start a debate here.
d)
Some small SEO tip - register your domain for many years in advance - 5 or 10 years. This way you will show Google you are "serious" with your intentions. Many bad guys are registering many domains for only one year...
Having your domain registered for next 5/10 years will bring you some small SEO benefit in complete algorithm ...![]()
Last edited by btcool; 15 October 2017 at 8:07 am.
kriskros (18 October 2017)
It's one thing to get ranked in Google, and another to get the searcher to click on your link. I think Google has lost the plot, and it's quite hard to find a result that you want on the first few pages. Ane exact match name can help to persuade the surfer to visit you page, I'm so tired of result pages that are full of general lista, and when you click, you have to perform another search to try to find the product you want, only to be geeted by the message "I'm soory we don't have any results for that search".
In fact Google is so bad, that I have switched to duck duck go for my personal searches.
Love the info that you gave and will definitely keep them in mind.
I'm not understanding your question exactly. Is there anyway you can rephrase it?
Depends on the history of the old domain.
Cash Bonus (27 October 2017)
I think she means new gTLD vs. .com. Definitely .com. I actually like a very small number of phrases in a few of the new gTLD's, but the answer is still .com by a mile.
A really top ccTLD might also be good if you can get one, but not for broad international appeal.
Cash Bonus (27 October 2017)