Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Panda update?

  1. #1
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Panda update?

    It seems that there was a panda update and I checked ranks and it seems that some changes occurred.

  2. #2
    michael1981 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 60 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    I noticed the same thing, I think it happened yesterday. How did your sites go with this update felku? A lot of my sites actually went forward this time I think the Google algorithm is improving, and its going back to the way it used to be.

  3. #3
    casinorecommender is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    390
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    I also heard it but none of my 15 sites has changed. So there could be 2'reasons . First oneis it needs time to effect all sites, 2nd reason could be surprisingly no change but for 15 sites it can not be valid. Am i right ?

  4. #4
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I was looking around some kw and there was a change but was minimal, I saw some sites ranking #2 or #3 drop to page 2

  5. #5
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michael1981 View Post
    I noticed the same thing, I think it happened yesterday. How did your sites go with this update felku? A lot of my sites actually went forward this time I think the Google algorithm is improving, and its going back to the way it used to be.
    Actually some of my sites improved and I didn't do anything to those sites.

  6. #6
    lucianogambler is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    I did not notice any significant changes, but some (apparently a minority?) noticed big changes. It is only supposed to have affected a small percent of queries according to Cutts anyway.

  7. #7
    bringmeluck is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2011
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I think its just a minor changes. My site ranks the same. I don't know about the others

  8. #8
    Parth84 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2011
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Oh yes i also think it is a minor update...but it seems like Google is doing a lot to prevent spam or duplicate contents form its wardrobe..

  9. #9
    catchingsmoke is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    200
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    @casino commender are all your sites in English language?

    Some times these things roll out to other markets later, I've seen changes with people in working in the French market that only occurred this morning.

  10. #10
    Frank Benjamin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Posts
    378
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Damn, I wasn't aware of any update. I have been doing some link building and other SEO lately and was thinking that was the reason for the jump for the pages that made some gains.

    Now I have to figure out if it was my SEO or an update that affected my pages.

    Damn it, more testing!!! At least my pages went in the write direction. Some 4 spots or more!

    I guess I can take a little something from this that Google likes what I am doing and didn't penalize me at all!

  11. #11
    casinopowerguide is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Minor update??? It wasn't minor for me! I think lots of people have been affected negatively. I'm seeing spammy blogs ranking well, and sites that dont have much apparent content too.

    It seems like duplicate content is a major issue now as in some SEO forums it is being said that whereas before the pages in question were not considered now Google is giving a sitewide penalty.

    I ran a batch through Copyscape and was horrified to see how so many cases of duplicate content there were, so now I'm working on changing content which I came up with originally and other people have copied, contacting affiliate managers so they can help me put a top to some of these culprits, and deleting other content which affiliate managers are happy to pass to affiliates as news - my bad really for featuring this.

    Maybe there's other issues too...with Panda who knows. From what I've been reading it looks like no one can pin point the factors in this algorithm

    I used to like pandas, but I sure hate them now.

  12. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    So it's the damn bear's fault?

    Hmmmmm....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  13. #13
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    One of my non-gaming sites took a massive beating, but I think I know why. Hopefully it'll recover in time.

    On the flip side, a gambling site has seen about a 20% rise in traffic so I guess I can't complain too much
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  14. #14
    itsblitz's Avatar
    itsblitz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    133
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    one of my sites jumped up on to the front page on the 14-15th, the site i updated everyday and work the hardest on, but strangely it has been rotating between positions 7 and 12 every few hours for the past week and a half, and iv noticed a few big sites that were always number1 roating between top 3

  15. #15
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    From what I read on other SEO forums, this past weeks there have been minor updates. Few days ago I site that I have that was penalized after a few months It came back to the first page without me doing any change. In other non-gambling niches I saw sites with a lot 404 pages and crappy content on the 1# position.

  16. #16
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    I must be in the minority then. Big change, one of my important sites took a huge hit. I was ranking #2 and 3 for top keywords and I am now on the second page for my best terms. It seems my entire site has been negatively affected for all keywords I go after. Also, strangely I have done some deep link building and some of my best results of the past would show specific sub pages that got all the traffic. Now the same keywords often only return the homepage of my site but much further down the results.

    I too have noticed that some real spammy sites, badly designed with little content now rank well and I have never seen them before. This bugs me as I spend time to write decent content and avoid spam. I have some ideas where I could possibly try harder so will give them a shot.

    Also, another strange thing is that Google Webmaster Tools now shows ten times the amount of inbound links to my site than it used to. Anyone else seen change here?
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  17. #17
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 125 Times in 83 Posts

    Default

    As I mentioned in my post of October 6th:

    Yesterday Matt Cutts announced on Twitter:

    "Weather report: expect some Panda-related flux in the next few weeks, but will have less impact than previous updates (~2%)."

    I've some negative and positive changes, but since I also recently started using SEnukeX, I don't know what caused it
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  18. #18
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Panda has been affecting sites almost monthly since it launched.

    Lately it has been regional affects.

  19. #19
    alexcruncha's Avatar
    alexcruncha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Update: I have seen some correlation into sites (including mine) that have lost position in SERPS and those that openly display affiliate links. Sites using php redirects dont seem to have been negatively affected. This has yet to be confirmed properly but after some quick research it seems this is the case. If anyone else openly displaying affiliate links has lost position or anyone else that can shed some light on this I would be interested to receive a PM from you.
    --
    Alexcruncha
    FantasyBingo.co.uk
    CasinoReviewSquad.com

  20. #20
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I display the links because I don't know any other way of adding the affiliates links, but I always add a nofollow tag. I wasn't affected by any update in the contrary a site of mine that was penalized recover all their rankings. I write in other forums and by the info of other affiliates in other niches there is not really a pattern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •