Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Panda update?

  1. #21
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felku View Post
    I display the links because I don't know any other way of adding the affiliates links, but I always add a nofollow tag. I wasn't affected by any update in the contrary a site of mine that was penalized recover all their rankings. I write in other forums and by the info of other affiliates in other niches there is not really a pattern.
    Simple, use this simple php redirect:

    PHP Code:
    <?php

    header
    ( 'Location: http://where.you.link.to' ) ;

    ?>
    Save it as a .php namned anything you want.
    Link to it and it's a redirect.

    NoFollow tags are good, but use them wisely, don't link to a "partner" with a NoFollow tag.

    Back to topic,
    I have seen several sites using direct links without any affect, so my guess is that dup content is punished this time.

    And I can't stress this enough.. CHECK your content with Copyscape..

  2. #22
    felku's Avatar
    felku is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    256
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the tip. I do believe that dupe content is also one of the reason but I think that Google is really targeting affiliates maybe in the casino niche is not that significant but in other niches affiliate sites are taking hits.

  3. #23
    hakank is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 81 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    No problem, it's an easy way to avoid external links.

    I haven't heard anything from the other affiliate markets I'm into, but I haven't looked too deep into the BH world for a while, might check up on them what's happening.

    Let you now if I hear some buzz.

  4. #24
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Do a content inventory and ask yourself are my pages any different than the 100s of others out there on the same topic? If the answer is no then expect some form of punishment.

  5. #25
    humbucker is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I believe that external link do not have a more negative effect than before. No concrete evidence here, but we operate a mix of sites using a mix of linking techniques, and we have seen no correlation between the linking technique and SERP position impact. Judging from the seo buzz around panda, it sounds like the main issue is content-farm-like sites being destroyed in the rankings. Also, as a side note, I believe it's fine with Google to NoFollow 'Partner' sites, as Google Guidelines clearly state that webmasters should no-follow any link that is there for any other reason other than 'reference' and 'relative interest'. The way I interpret this is that paid links and links that appear as part of a marketing campaign should definitely be no-followed.
    Last edited by humbucker; 2 November 2011 at 6:14 am. Reason: clarification
    Kardash - http://clickitmedia.eu
    http://www.betmasters.gr - Greek Tips Portal and Virtual Betting Engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •