Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    JuliaS's Avatar
    JuliaS is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Talking Hockey Playoffs!

    Any NHL fans here?

    The Montreal Canadians advanced into the next round of playoffs last night beating the Washington Capitals which was quite the upset. Here in Montreal we love our hockey so there was lots of celebrating and mayhem downtown last night. Go Habs!

    Anyone else following the playoffs?

  2. #2
    HBKKH is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 62 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    big win for the Habs last night. I'm a leafs fan soooo......

    Go hawks.

  3. #3
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    Go Wings! Beat those Sharks.

  4. #4
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default

    By the way, Halak was awesome the last two games for the Habs.

  5. #5
    casinolatte's Avatar
    casinolatte is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts

    Default

    I am a huge leafs fan as well, but I so love to see the canadians win. That was such an intense game last night.
    CasinoLatte A Whole Latte Fun!

  6. #6
    JuliaS's Avatar
    JuliaS is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, Halak is the new golden boy of the town, he's pretty awesome.

    As for the Leafs fans, you guys certainly gave us a rough last game of the regular season. It's always fun to have a little friendly rivalry.

  7. #7
    Beth_IA is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Found this article on yahoo and thought I'd share!

    Next game is tonight...

    Go Habs Go!

  8. #8
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Glad the Caps were eliminated, hats off to the Habs. No more celebrating in Montreal this year though. Pens will take them in 6 games.

    GO PENS!
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  9. #9
    MarkJohn's Avatar
    MarkJohn is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    As much as I want to be loyal to the Canadiens, I'm not all that hopeful that we'll advance to the next round.

    Then again, not too many of us believed that they'd be in the second round either. As Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said, "I would've bet my house that they wouldn't beat us three in a row."

    I'll cheer for them until the end, and when it happens, I'll make sure to be inside, away from the crowds. :P

  10. #10
    Beth_IA is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    and maybe shut your windows? I heard what the streets sounded like when we won but I'm a little afraid of what they will sound like if we lose... (see, I used the word "if"... I'm hopeful!)

  11. #11
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Send Cindy and the rest of the Pens to Detroit, we won't let those B@#$@ds take our cup again.

  12. #12
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmCan View Post
    Send Cindy and the rest of the Pens to Detroit, we won't let those B@#$@ds take our cup again.
    The Wings gotta get past the Sharks 1st.... I lean to a Pens/Sharks final.

    The Chi-town/Vancouver bloodbath starts tonight, I hope they can find time to do some skating in between fights. Gonna be a nasty series...

    Pittsburgh is poised to be the "New" Hockeytown! Go Pens!
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  13. #13
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Hey Chips, Pittsburgh might be the next perennial team in Hockey, even the next champs. Having said that, because of our original six membership, our close connections to canada and the sheer number of people who play hockey here, Detroit will probably always be Hockeytown USA. I think the only other team/city that has this same level of hockey love and canadian connection are the Sabres.

    I'm certainly enjoying the playoffs, despite the Wings going to game 7 with phx.

    I'm still hoping for the rematch, so i spew my sarcasm at the Pens and of course the Maple Leafs (though i'm pretty sure they're no longer an NHL team)

  14. #14
    Adamvv's Avatar
    Adamvv is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Habs and Pens series tied at 1 game a piece.

    Can the Habs make another upset this series?

    AND...

    San Jose is now up 2-0 on Detroit. has the monkey finally fallen off the back of Thornton????

  15. #15
    JuliaS's Avatar
    JuliaS is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I was thrilled to see the Habs take game 2 yesterday , I think having Staal out was a big loss for the Pens, although we were hurting a bit as well without Markov.

    The Vancouver game was pretty awesome as well, would love to see them take Chicago and Detroit beat the Sharks.

  16. #16
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Hats off to the Habs, they really made a turnaround from the shellacking they took in game one. Pens just looked flat-footed most of the game. I think it may have been over confidence and lack of respect on their part.

    Still hold true to Pens in 6 games.

    @AmCan- All due respect to the Wings and the legacy they have.... gotta get a dig in anywhere I can though... not easy to find many chinks in the Wings armor.

    San Jose is looking good so far... save a meltdown they will go on to lose in the finals!
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  17. #17
    AmCan's Avatar
    AmCan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 1999
    Location
    The Lost City of Atlantas
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks
    242
    Thanked 326 Times in 161 Posts

    Default

    Chips I'm trying not to meltdown myself, but with the walls closing in and the sharks in a feeding frenzy, i'm feeling a bit concerned that my team can't live up to my promises

    Go Habs

  18. #18
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Whale of a game in Montreal last night, was on the edge of my seat most of the game. Loved the outcome of course

    WTF with the Wings? I looked in to see them up 3-1 in the 3rd and switched off, read the sports this morning and saw they blew it and are now on life support down 3-0???
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  19. #19
    Adamvv's Avatar
    Adamvv is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Ugh the game last night was so frustrating. Montreal dominated the first period but just couldn't get it past Fleury. Now I know how Washington must have felt with Halak *sigh*

  20. #20
    JuliaS's Avatar
    JuliaS is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Now I know how Washington must have felt with Halak
    Lol.

    It was a tough game but at least the teams seemed evenly matched, I think it will be another close battle tonight but am worried if Staal is back playing.

    The Sharks are certainly making nice work of Detroit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •