Hi,
I have received an e-mail today allegedly from meccabingo.com saying that they have their site has been penalised in the wake of the Google penguin update. The e-mail goes on to say that they are cleaning up their backlinks, and that they want us to remove some of our links on one of our sites pointing to their homepage.
However, the site in question doesn't have any issue with it, and after doing some research; there appear to have been questions raised by other bingo portals after having received the same e-mails. These ask for the removal of all link including affiliate ones from their sites pointing to meccabingo.com. The suggestion going round is that these e-mails might be fraudulent, and that Mecca Bingo is being attacked by negative SEO to remove their good backlinks.
Can anyone shed some light on the situation? I have copied the e-mail below:
Hi,
I work for the company: MECCABINGO.COM
Our site has been penalized by Google because of a handful of back links
pointing to our site (we have lost 80% of our traffic). I have opened a
line of communication with their WebSpam team and am working to clear the
penalty.
HOW THIS AFFECTS YOU?
We have isolated the back links causing our penalty which we need to have
removed, ONE is from your site and I need to get that link taken down asap.
Heres the thing...
In order to get out of the penalty they have asked me to submit to them all
the paid or unnatural links which are currently pointing to our site and in
the next 5 days I will be submitting to them this list and unfortunately
your site is included.
HOW TO AVOID NEGATIVE ACTION FROM GOOGLE
If you can take the links down to WWW.MECCABINGO.COM then of course I will
be able to leave your site off that list.
I really don't want to be the cause of a penalty to you, nor report anyone
else's website to Google hence I'm reaching out to you now, and if you can
get that link taken down ASAP then of course I won't include your site when
I report back to them!
Where Exactly Are These Links Which Need Removing?
Specifically the links on the following page which link back to us are
located here
LINK REMOVED
I really hope you understand the position we find ourselves in, we truly
appreciate your assistance in the past for including the link to us and
would really appreciate it now if you can take the link down!
If you want to chat this through please get in touch.
Kindest Regards
Kelly Webber
http://www.MECCABINGO.COM
kazw1985@gmail.com


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote




