Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default Postbacks - Batched or Event-Driven?

    I've recently started using Postbacks to track registrations and first deposits in my own affiliate tracking software. What I have noticed is that, while I expected the postbacks to be event-driven (i.e., when a registration happens, it immediately sends a postback), at least one program 'appears' to be batched.

    Is batched the norm and my expectations were simply wrong?

    From one program, specifically, I am getting registrations/deposits pretty much on the 11 minute 11 seconds after the hour like this:

    Sep 30, 2026, 7:11:12 AM
    Sep 30, 2026, 6:11:11 AM
    Sep 29, 2026, 4:11:11 PM

    So - appears batched to me.
    SlotsOnFire.com — Online Slots Database | 34,000+ Games, RTP & Reviews

  2. #2
    askaboutgaming is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    July 2026
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    It depends on how you've set it up - most programs allow you to track on events and it depends on the complexity of the program you chose.

    Personally, I prefer to use a program that works with QCPA which gievs me the advantage of not having to check every affiliate program individually so I have the ability to have a quick glance at overall qualified conversions. That doesn't mean I don't check the affiliate programs indivdiually but it gives me an overall look at the performance.

    The use I get from postbacks is to buy media and be able to see results on a more granular level so I can optimize.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •