Thanks for all the answers.
I completely agree with Rick that you shouldn't base revenue on deposits only. What I was trying to say was that net revenue calculation may be VERY different in different programs. This is what I was trying to explain - some programs pretend to be more attractive than they are (e.g. Sportingbet) while some fair and very clear about everything (e.g. Virgingames).
All the calculations I posted were based on players who DID NOT withdraw (AFAIK). So you cannot explain the differences by withdrawals.
Example:
Two players both deposit 100$ (on different gaming sites), both bet 100$ that Italy will win the EURO 2012. Actually, Spain wins and both lose. Two programs offered you 35% share - in one program you get 18$ in the other you get 32,5$.
I don't understand how can my logic be bad - this is just NOT TELLING THE WHOLE TRUTH by some programs - which is unfair to both affiliates and other programs!
If you don't believe me, try it - there really IS a difference.
Another important point why you should care (in the long run) about the ratio between deposits and net revenue is that it objectively tells you how much you really get and how much the program values you. In some programs you DON'T SEE THE WITHDRAWALS. So in what other way are you supposed to check how well the program performs?
Sure, you should also check player retention, how the program handles players etc. --- but it really helps a lot when you have access to a complete overview of the player (that is: deposits, withdrawals, net revenue, commission).

Originally Posted by
mojo
If I have 10k in deposits I expect to see the withdrawals, remaining balance, coupons and bonuses and whatever. But I am starting with the deposits. That's the basis of netwin and everthing else. It's your livlihood and what we've worked so hard for.
This is what I was trying to say, maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Originally Posted by
mojo
There was one program who took administrative fees right off the top. So the commission they claimed on their website was false. Sometimes netwin can be abused as well. Another program charged incorrectly for bonus deductions. It happens and I think it needs to be thoroughly explained by the program.
This is so true - and unfair for the programs that are clear about everything. Some programs have "certain" administrative fees and bonus deduction and you have no idea WHAT EXACTLY THEY MEAN. When you ask them, the affiliate manager just repeats their net revenue calculation formula...

Originally Posted by
slotplayer
but if they advertise 35% you are getting 35% but like Rick said its not gross deposits, its gross deposits less deductions.
Another great point. You must look at the deductions - but you usually get the idea of real deduction only the first month or two AFTER you start promoting a program!
If you accept that this is normal, you are just getting ripped off. It's a shame that the better known brands often treat affiliates worse than the smaller ones...