Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    theshortstack is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Recommendations for Geo Targeting WP plugin

    Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a WP plugin that I can use to determine the country that a website visitor is from?

    I just want something that I can essentially run an if() statement from. I.e if the user is from the US then run this short code.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    The following threads had discussion surrounding geo target, some discussing plugins to try a few talked about ones to stay away from. There are many more over the years but below are some of the more recent.

    You might also want to check the few threads discussing recommendations on the top picks for plugins that are scattered, as I recall a few of those there was at least some referrals for targeting of geos.

    Geo Targeting Question
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/geo-targe...on-263417.html

    New Geo Targeting Plugin from DinoMatic & Summer Discounts
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/new-geo-t...ts-261447.html

    Do you block any countries?
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/do-you-bl...es-260921.html

    GeoTargetingWP + Compatible cache plugin ?
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/geotarget...in-259807.html

    Geo target content by State or Province
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/geo-targe...ce-260265.html

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (9 June 2024), theshortstack (11 June 2024)

  4. #3
    Quant is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2024
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If you only want to Geo target banners/sections of a page then maybe look at Geo Targetly.

  5. #4
    TopCasinoScout is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2026
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theshortstack View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for a WP plugin that I can use to determine the country that a website visitor is from?

    I just want something that I can essentially run an if() statement from. I.e if the user is from the US then run this short code.

    Thanks in advance
    I set up a system using cloudflare - If you want send me a DM and I'll explain to you how it works (so far it seems super fast, and no issues)

  6. #5
    invinciblepoker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    yea cloudflare gives you ISO code for your visitor in the http request

    https://developers.cloudflare.com/ne...p-geolocation/

    so you can do conditional stuff based on geo. Enough granularity for most affils probably (no good for segmenting users by province, eg in .CA though)

  7. #6
    Lotterysambad1 is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    June 2026
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Lottery Sambad

    What a wonderful question! Given that your criteria for implementing the desired function will be relatively easy to meet, considering the fact that you want to display specific information based on the geolocation of the visitor, GeoTargetingWP plugin should work just fine for you. On the other hand, you could always use GeoIP database along with some script.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •