Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Remembering Commercials

    Whether on TV or radio how many people remember immediately after the commercial what is was for? So many times I have watched/heard a commercial advertising something and after have no idea or remember what it was for? Advertising dollars are really wasted on me. LOL
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,999
    Thanks
    4,544
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    I remember and can easily associate the product with the commercial on many, but they hit home with the most when they are humorous and make me laugh.

    I also thoroughly enjoy those that tell a story in a series, and make you want to see the next piece of the story.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Nenad (31 August 2020)

  4. #3
    PnonG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    The aim of the commercials is not to remember that. They just plant seeds - colors, sounds, feelings, logos etc - into your subconscious, even if you are not focusing on the ads at all. One day, later when you go to a shop your brain says, "hmmm this logo is familiar to me.... I'll take it". Most of your future purchases are already decided.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PnonG For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (1 September 2020), Sherlock (31 August 2020)

  6. #4
    Nenad is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    546
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 155 Times in 128 Posts

    Default

    I also like these commercials that tells story in series, and you are craving to see the next one.

  7. #5
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PnonG View Post
    Most of your future purchases are already decided.
    Totally agree.

    Just I personally am happy, because I do not watch or have tv or radio.
    The only problem is when I am in anonymous mode, where adblock is not present.
    But Adsense ads are usually so confused, that they show me ads from different country where I am atm and in language I do not understand (now Swedish and Japanese).
    Sometimes I get some retarget ads based on my Google search or search of my gf, who is horse lover. Adds for saddle do not interest me much and ads for some amazing restaurant in a city that I left 5 days ago also not much.
    Then I see gambling ads, usually for the businesses I promote. They make me happy, because I know they do their job well. No, I do not gamble after I see the bonus offers.

    I think the ads avoidance score is good for me, but I really try hard for that. But yes, there is a chance I just lie to myself as everybody else.
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (1 September 2020), PnonG (2 September 2020)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Out here in AU, there's been an ongoing series of TV ads feature 2 meerkats. The ad 1'st ran in circa 2013. Every so often (8 months or so apart) a new ad featuring these 2 affable nitwits arrives on our screens.

    Here's a couple of the ads


  10. #7
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default


  11. #8
    Casino Gamerz is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    I never watch them.. when it comes to adverts time i go and put the kettle on usually
    Quality Casinos - Casino FAQs
    Best USA Casinos - Best USA Casinos
    Best Online Casinos - Best Online UK

  12. #9
    Feimaoden is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The main what they need to do, just fix an association about the product deeply in your mind

  13. #10
    LegalBetAndy's Avatar
    LegalBetAndy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Gamerz View Post
    I never watch them.. when it comes to adverts time i go and put the kettle on usually
    Looking back I cant believe how on TV I would patiently sit and wait through 3 minutes or so of adverts every half and hour or so, maybe every fifteen minutes sometimes. Now when a YouTube clip has an Ad at the start I hit "skip" as soon as possible and I get angry when there is two of them or no Skip option taking a full 20 seconds maybe

    I agree though the advert is not there to remember the product specifically, more the "brand" and the experience you associate with the brand. look at any car advert, they rarely tell you anything at all about the car, BUT... the road the car is driving on NEVER have any other cars on. They just drive effortlessly around town with no traffic getting in the way. You do not want the car, you want the road that the car is on! But you now associate that with the brand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •