-
22 January 2018, 9:12 am
#1
robots.txt file
Hi -
Just setting one of these up for a new site. I have seen the following in another site I have access to. I assume this code is blocking the google bots from crawling the WP admin back end. Is this something that should always be done? Should I include it in my robots.txt?
User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-admin*
Disallow: /wp-login.php
Disallow: /wp-content*
Also, someone has set up a robots.txt for me and it has the following code:
Crawl-Delay: 20
In Search Console this is marked as an error. Any ideas why?
Thanks,
-
-
22 January 2018, 10:04 am
#2
Not importend,
The Bot stuck on the login,u can block him or ignore simple the "crawling error" reports in GWT.
User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Disallow: /wp-includes/
Regards
-
The Following User Says Thank You to Progger For This Useful Post:
GaryTheScubaGuy (23 January 2018)
-
17 September 2018, 10:19 am
#3
Hi,
From site on WP recommended close duplicate pages and admin panel from index.
Example robots.txt
User-agent: *
Disallow: /page/*
Disallow: /uncategorized/*
Disallow: /wp-admin/*
Disallow: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php*
Disallow: /p=*
Disallow: /?*
Disallow: */page/*
Disallow: */attachment/*
Disallow: /?s=
Disallow: /?feed=
Disallow: */feed/
Disallow: */trackback
Disallow: /xmlrpc.php
Disallow: /wp-register.php
Disallow: /wp-login.php
Disallow: /wp-includes
-
-
17 September 2018, 4:36 pm
#4
you may want to remove wp-content/ directory as you may have files directly referenced in there (say images).
wp-includes/ and wp-admin/ should be disallowed, that's correct.
as far as I know googlebot ignores the crawl-delay directive, I'd remove that as well.
also it's a good practice to add the sitemap URL at the end of the robots.txt file.
Sitemap: yousite.com/path-to-sitemap.xml
-
-
18 September 2018, 8:38 pm
#5
don't forget to disallow your affiliate links as well:
Disallow: /visit/*
or whatever other path you're using for it.
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules