Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: SEO Companies

  1. #1
    bettinganalyst's Avatar
    bettinganalyst is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts

    Default SEO Companies

    Hi Everyone,

    Have you noticed that their appears to be an high proportion of people with English names working for Indian SEO companies. Tell me, Did a lot hang around after the Colonial period? Is it like a stage name? or is the economy so good in India that people with native English names have gone over for the job opportunity. Answers on a postcard to betting-analyst!

    I mean, are these people idiots -- who buys such crap. If someone tells me he's Mr Patel all well and good, but not when they start off with utter bullcrap !

    PS : If anyone wants to buy any bearings (god knows what they are). We are the people , because apparently, we have about 500 contacts in this area of expertise !
    http://www.betting-analyst.com/ - free betting tips , football betting tips , betting tips, daily horseracing previews , useful tutorial and blogs for punters .

    Everything about Football

    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

  2. #2
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Usually stage names.. A lot also use female names.. especially with those "Number 1 on Google emails"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015)

  4. #3
    ARZ's Avatar
    ARZ
    ARZ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2015
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 64 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Yes, they use such names just to be more trusted. Especially Indian SEO companies are really trying to get as much customers.
    Nejlepší Výherní hrací automaty online zdarma! - zahrajte si z pohodlí domova
    Play the best Free Slots and slot machines online!
    Spielen die besten kostenlosen Spielautomaten und Casino Spiele online
    Zagraj w najlepsze darmowe kasyno gry hazardowe w Internecie
    Joaca cele mai bune pacanele online gratuite
    Kajot automaty - web věnovaný pouze Kajotu
    Zahrajte si Kajot Automaty Zdarma a užijte si spoustu zábavy!
    Giocare a Slot Machine Gratis Online

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ARZ For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015)

  6. #4
    Syndicate is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 254 Times in 157 Posts

    Default

    Not sure if using a false name gets much trust. If their is one thing the internet is flooded with it's people pretending to understand SEO.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Syndicate For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015)

  8. #5
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    It's pretty simple.. if they are a good enough SEO specialist.. then you will find them.. not them find you..

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015), bettingmalta (14 May 2015), Marc Weinberg (24 May 2015)

  10. #6
    lego69 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bettinganalyst View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Have you noticed that their appears to be an high proportion of people with English names working for Indian SEO companies. Tell me, Did a lot hang around after the Colonial period? Is it like a stage name? or is the economy so good in India that people with native English names have gone over for the job opportunity. Answers on a postcard to betting-analyst!

    I mean, are these people idiots -- who buys such crap. If someone tells me he's Mr Patel all well and good, but not when they start off with utter bullcrap !

    PS : If anyone wants to buy any bearings (god knows what they are). We are the people , because apparently, we have about 500 contacts in this area of expertise !




    Bravo!!!! I'm so glad I'm not the only who can't stand that crap always saying what they can do and cant do nothing, and always looking for money when the job is not even completed. My friend learned the hard way on that.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to lego69 For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015)

  12. #7
    Manila is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2005
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Funny how you can always kind of tell its not a real name as well. Say like, "Peter Saunders", sounds genuine, but "Jeff Dickens" maybe less likely so.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Manila For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (13 May 2015)

  14. #8
    bettingmalta's Avatar
    bettingmalta is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderpunter View Post
    It's pretty simple.. if they are a good enough SEO specialist.. then you will find them.. not them find you..
    Totally agree...

  15. #9
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 266 Times in 201 Posts

    Default

    There really aren't many good SEO companies, and many are scams. One way to check for their credibility is to see if they have any good workshop videos on YouTube.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Casinorep For This Useful Post:

    bettinganalyst (15 May 2015)

  17. #10
    sampendleton's Avatar
    sampendleton is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2014
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    That's why when looking for an SEO Company I make sure to check reviews about it first.

  18. #11
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,701
    Thanks
    2,000
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sampendleton View Post
    That's why when looking for an SEO Company I make sure to check reviews about it first.
    Everybody is able to write or buy some positive reviews. A really good SEO company is top ranking at the keywords they want. If they cannot even rank their own keywords, how they ever would be able to rank yours?

  19. #12
    chris_rp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Everybody is able to write or buy some positive reviews. A really good SEO company is top ranking at the keywords they want. If they cannot even rank their own keywords, how they ever would be able to rank yours?
    Somewhat true but not necessarily. I've worked for SEO companies that really don't do much in terms of optimising their own sites, but they certainly could rank if they wanted to.

    You have to remember that different things work for different people and niches. Ironically for a lot of SEO companies having a sales team, networking in the local community, paid advertising, having a proactive email marketing strategy, etc, is more effective and profitable than ranking for certain search queries. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it's true.

    I've had this argument with people before who've turned around and said "Well I've just Google'd X and I don't see your company website there" as if they've rumbled the company in question as unable to do their job, but if we're not ranking for X it's because it's a waste of our time.

    Also I think SEO taken by itself is oldhat. A lot of reputable SEO companies have abandoned the term and are all now "digital marketing" companies, with much more of a focus on engaging content, social channels, on-page optimisation, branding, etc. On-page optimisation and links are still very important but I'd run the other way if a company came to me talking only about those things.

    But yeah, generally stay away from Indian companies because their methods are outdated by in large and will upset Google if anything.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris_rp For This Useful Post:

    Marc Weinberg (24 May 2015), Syndicate (24 May 2015)

  21. #13
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 962 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris_rp View Post
    Somewhat true but not necessarily. I've worked for SEO companies that really don't do much in terms of optimising their own sites, but they certainly could rank if they wanted to.

    You have to remember that different things work for different people and niches. Ironically for a lot of SEO companies having a sales team, networking in the local community, paid advertising, having a proactive email marketing strategy, etc, is more effective and profitable than ranking for certain search queries. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but it's true.

    I've had this argument with people before who've turned around and said "Well I've just Google'd X and I don't see your company website there" as if they've rumbled the company in question as unable to do their job, but if we're not ranking for X it's because it's a waste of our time.

    Also I think SEO taken by itself is oldhat. A lot of reputable SEO companies have abandoned the term and are all now "digital marketing" companies, with much more of a focus on engaging content, social channels, on-page optimisation, branding, etc. On-page optimisation and links are still very important but I'd run the other way if a company came to me talking only about those things.

    But yeah, generally stay away from Indian companies because their methods are outdated by in large and will upset Google if anything.
    I am in agreement with you here, there are only so many queries per month and depending on location and competition
    , I think this thread is more about those "I can make you number 1 on google type emails" No credible marketing company can make those guarantees especially in a high comp industry.

  22. #14
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,855
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    I would still have more respect for an SEO company if their own company was doing well for their own terms. It's a very good start point, I can say, "Well they've got themselves top 5 in a high competition niche, maybe they can do the same for me". SEO is all about proof, anyone can SAY they're good at it.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    chris_rp (24 May 2015), Syndicate (24 May 2015), wonderpunter (24 May 2015)

  24. #15
    chris_rp is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I would still have more respect for an SEO company if their own company was doing well for their own terms. It's a very good start point, I can say, "Well they've got themselves top 5 in a high competition niche, maybe they can do the same for me". SEO is all about proof, anyone can SAY they're good at it.
    A lot of SEO companies exhaust resources ranking their own website to the point that taking the time to beat them is a fools errand. We would happily let the competition take the big keywords because we'd been there (local and national search) and knew there was know real value in ranking for them. All I'm saying is there are a frightening number of sh*t SEO companies coming up for the big keywords, especially for localised searches, so people should still be weary even if a company is right up there.

    I think what a company has done for their clients (and how long they've kept them on-board) is the best indicator but it's a catch 22 because obviously like you say you need to find them first to be in a position to make that judgement.

  25. #16
    bettingmalta's Avatar
    bettingmalta is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    totally agree with @RacingJim ... if a SEO company is not able to be well ranked with a website for specific KWs, what do you expect about your project??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •