Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    APCW's Avatar
    APCW is offline Representative for the Association of Players, Casinos, and Webmasters
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,005
    Blog Entries
    191
    Thanks
    1,049
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 718 Posts

    Default Bad Things Come in Threes: APCW Perspectives Weekly 24 September 2010

    The online gambling industry was dealt a third blow this week, as industry expert and webmaster Ted Loh lost his battle with liver cancer. He leaves behind a wife and three school age children.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmJENY10oyY

    <EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=580 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/MmJENY10oyY?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&co lor2=0x999999&border=1 allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always">


    A fund has been set up to help Ted's family during this difficult time: http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/e10a74c53b2085d9
    </EMBED>
    Fighting for trust, honesty and integrity in the online gambling industry!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to APCW For This Useful Post:

    AmCan (26 September 2010), GamTrak (29 September 2010), greedygirl (24 September 2010), Renee (27 September 2010)

  3. #2
    greedygirl's Avatar
    greedygirl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2002
    Location
    skid row
    Posts
    272
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 104 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, JT for making this your focus this week--hopefully, this will help get the word out about the importance of helping Ted's family out.

    For all the craziness of this industry and whether people may or may not see eye to eye on things, one thing is certain: This industry DOES care and pulls together through the tough times.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to greedygirl For This Useful Post:

    bonustreak (25 September 2010)

  5. #3
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    This industry DOES care and pulls together through the tough times.
    Yes it does!

    I am proud to see how many people have helped in the previous fund raisers.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  6. #4
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Here is a copy of the widget to embed in forums and sites to help spread the word.


    <EMBED height=60 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=234 src=http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/e10a74c53b2085d9 wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="color_scheme=brown"></EMBED>
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    GamTrak (29 September 2010), Renee (28 September 2010)

  8. #5
    casinobonusguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    2,683
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 846 Posts

    Default

    Thank you Jtodd for the beautiful tribute , I know it is not easy to have to do these videos and I pray it is a very long time before you have to do it again.It would be nice to see more programs step up to help Ted's family ,I remember the money they raise for the Tsunami selling an ad was $xxx,xxx.Cancer was Ted's Tsunami and his lifetime work has been wiped out and the family provider is now gone.

    Ted did nothing wrong ,he was a smart business man and had money put aside for his family and his future .I know we all have people in need around us and some are struggling to pay their own bills but to the members who have the financial means and to the programs who benefited from Ted Passion and Knowledge of our Industry you should give generously to this fund.He has three children who have no father and I am sure their life is now turned upside down.
    I keep two Maneki Neko cats on my deck a red one and a gold one which seems to work on good fortune and happiness.I heard of them first from Ted many years ago and bought them both at Disney in 2008.I am donating $1000 to Ted's Fund ,as an affiliate if I can do this then the programs should be able to match it.I am sure you can come up with some excuses or maybe not think you will get a ROI from it but in his life I am sure you all benefited from Ted and he deserves to have his family taken care of and his life savings restored for his family.

    Judy

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to casinobonusguy For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (29 September 2010), bonustreak (30 September 2010), GamTrak (29 September 2010), greedygirl (29 September 2010), LuckyLizzy (30 September 2010)

  10. #6
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Wow. This one was a definite tear jerker for me. I feel so bad for the family of Ted and also Allan and Lou. I feel especially for the wives because I know I wouldn't be able to go on without mine and it just hurts to see other women going through that.

    All I can say is to just stay strong for your kids and show your husbands how strong you can be by doing the best you can and not giving up. They are now your guardian angels and they are watching over you.

    Money cannot heal the wounds of these families but it can help them deal with the difficult times they are facing. Whatever we can do as a community will surely help lessen the burden for Ted's wife and kids.

    I am praying that this will be the last time JTodd has to come on and tell us about another loss for a very, very long time. It's gotta be tough to talk about such heart wrenching things on camera. Hopefully the next news will be something positive and give us all a much needed boost.

  11. #7
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Thanks so much for that widget code! I will use it on my forum and other forums as much as possible!

  12. #8
    FictionNet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,299
    Thanks
    1,453
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    I think Ted's fund will get a boost from tomorrow (1 October) as payments start going out.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •