Vegas Affiliates Major Screwup - Urgent to all affiliates who promote them!
I originally posted this in the Audits section not realizing it was in the private forums. Some very disturbing news here!
I am placing this in audits in hope that those who promote Vegas Affiliates will check their account information.
I was re-formating my slots page today and was testing links after I did all the moves and changes. Then I went to the affiliate pages and made sure that my clicks registered as well.
When I got to Vegas Affiliates, I saw a new deposit for today, like anyone would do I ran a report on it. Well, I then seen a good bit of cash due me and supposed to be paid to Payspark. Here is flag one... I do not have a Payspark account. So I go to the payment details and see it is actually to be bank wired to a bank account in Florida. Flag two... I live in Virginia and bank in NC.
So I go one level deeper and see that the personal information is not mine but is listed to another affiliate who lives in Florida.
The stats show commissions on properties I do not promote. Payments I never received, website information that is not mine, personal data that is not mine, banking info that is for this other affiliate.
I think they (Vegas Affiliates) really boned this up when they changed the software. I have no clue who can see my personal information and who is getting paid for my links.... well I guess it would be the person who is listed as the affiliate attached to my account.
I did promote a bunch of these back in 2007 but have only promoted Vegas Slots in the past 1.5 years.
This is some really scary **** here. I would highly recommend that anyone who promotes Vegas Affiliates brands to go NOW and check your information. If it happened to me, it could happen to you!
I have removed ALL content from my site pending an outcome of this. No sense working for someone else. Whoever that may be...
--
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~