Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default Super Bowl XLV - The Game

    Disclaimer - I'm not a fan of Green Bay Packers or Pittsburgh Steelers, old wounds that haven't healed and prob never will. Having said that I always watch the Super Bowl regardless of who is playing.

    Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers and their Fans for the victory!!

    Aaron Rodgers really impressed me with his skill as a passer, and decision maker. The Packer defense exposed Big Ben as a not very savvy qb. Trying a pump-fake from your own goalline is dumb. If you must pass from there, it's a short, fast route to your most trusted receiver/s. Ben's ability to extend the play was used in the wrong situation. Remember that the Steelers gave up a safety vs Jets, and you learn from that! Bad play call there from coaches, but poor execution from Ben.

    That pick-6 by the Packers forced the Steelers to play catchup the whole game, and abandon their gameplan to run the ball, to set up the pass. When they did go back to the run they were very successful. But the Packer defense came up big in causing another turnover proved they were more ready to play than Pittsburgh was.

    It just seemed that Pitt wasn't prepared to play the Packer team that showed up. Maybe they thought a "Jets clone" was going to show up!

    ==============================

    As for the National Anthem, for Christina Aguilera to forget the words is unbelievable!! I don't remember anyone forgetting the words before!! Many sing it really bad, cause it's a hard song to sing, but none of them have forgotten the words, that I can remember. She must be mortified. 150-200 Million people watching, and every one of them know you've messed up!! She'll always be known as the one who forgot the words.

    BlackEyed Peas show was okay, but something was wrong with the sound. At least it wasn't a bunch of geezers playing music from 20 years ago. And I like classic music, but that's not the venue for it. Prince was the best show they have had in quite a while, imv.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  2. #2
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Agreed, I am not a "fan" of either team but I typically root for whoever is playing the Steelers aka "stillers". Having grown up in the Pittsburgh area, and being a Cowboys fan was not an easy life... Anyway, hats of to the Cheese Heads! They really pulled together all year long and deserved the trophy.

    I too was appalled at Christina's pitiful rendition of our National Anthem. It was bad enough the way she showboated the performance that sent me leaving the room as I could not stomach the "version" she was performing when all the sudden I heard the screw up of the lyrics. Hell's fire, she reported she had been performing the Anthem since 7 years old. You think she would have learned the lines. Difficult or not, the performance was a disgrace to the American public not to mention all the veterans and service people listening in.

    Ok, I'll get off my rant, just really pissed me off then and still does this morning. She is a 1st class (here it comes NUMPTY


    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  3. #3
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Although I was not vouching for the Packers at the start of the NFL season I wanted to see them win the Super Bowl when I saw they had gone through. Put a bit of money on them but no impressive win.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  4. #4
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    About the Aguilera mess singing the National Anthem! I'm not from the states and I must confess I don't know what the words are... Where did she mess up??

  5. #5
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Unbelievable! Don't performers rehearse or something before a big event?
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    PremTips's Avatar
    PremTips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    About the Aguilera mess singing the National Anthem! I'm not from the states and I must confess I don't know what the words are... Where did she mess up??
    I'm in the same boat myself, and was watching the Super Bowl with a number of Americans around, and none of them were complaining loud enough for me to hear. But here's some info:
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/sportsboo...em-195687.html

  7. #7
    PremTips's Avatar
    PremTips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Another thoroughly enjoyable Super Bowl

    Despite backing the Packers at the start of the playoffs and trading out pre-Super Bowl, I was still cheering on the Cheeseheads

    Congratulations to my NFL Tipster too who, in what appears to be his final pick on my site was another correct one

    Aaron Rodgers now has as many Super Bowl rings as Brett Favre

    Name:  greenbaysuperbowl.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  8.9 KB

  8. #8
    davenewgates's Avatar
    davenewgates is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Over the Web
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Jordy Nelson of the Green Bay Packers runs past Bryant McFadden of the Pittsburgh Steelers in their game. Well i'm not really a huge fan of american football but i see to it that i get to know what most have been talking about. Especially after what christina aguillera did with the us national anthem!

  9. #9
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    About the Aguilera mess singing the National Anthem! I'm not from the states and I must confess I don't know what the words are... Where did she mess up??
    Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunction View Post
    Unbelievable! Don't performers rehearse or something before a big event?

    Yes Amy, she did a soundcheck, and she even says she has been performing the National Anthem since she was 7 yrs old. Apparently she should have started at 6 instead.

    Gabe, she left out the part about "...o'er the ramparts we watched were so galantly gleaming..", which who even knows what "ramparts" are, but it's part of the song, and everyone else manages to get that part in.

    What really funny is that some books had prop bets on how long it would take her to sing it, with the over/under of 1:54. She was clocked at just 1:54, but since she left out some of the words, the books were squealing about paying off. I think some did, some didn't and some called it a push and gave back the money!
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  10. #10
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    NUMPTY!...lol [word is really catching on fast!]

    Ok, i also hate the steelers so glad as hell they lost!







    QUOTE=Chips;633656]Agreed, I am not a "fan" of either team but I typically root for whoever is playing the Steelers aka "stillers". Having grown up in the Pittsburgh area, and being a Cowboys fan was not an easy life... Anyway, hats of to the Cheese Heads! They really pulled together all year long and deserved the trophy.

    I too was appalled at Christina's pitiful rendition of our National Anthem. It was bad enough the way she showboated the performance that sent me leaving the room as I could not stomach the "version" she was performing when all the sudden I heard the screw up of the lyrics. Hell's fire, she reported she had been performing the Anthem since 7 years old. You think she would have learned the lines. Difficult or not, the performance was a disgrace to the American public not to mention all the veterans and service people listening in.

    Ok, I'll get off my rant, just really pissed me off then and still does this morning. She is a 1st class (here it comes NUMPTY


    [/QUOTE]
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  11. #11
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    This is the best telling of what the Star Spangled Banner lyrics mean. Brings tears to my eyes to watch it and hear the reading. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOrZrHtVjY

    BTW, Ramparts = the defensive walls of the fort. In this case, Fort McHenry.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  12. #12
    diceman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2002
    Location
    Rock bottom and beginning to DIG!
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Watched a interesting show "How beer saved the world" how pretty much everything we know in the world is all because of beer. The need to calculate and keep track of it and so forth.
    Why am I saying this? well to comment on the anthem situation. Our national anthem is based on a old drinking song of the day. With that logic in mind, she is not the first nore the last to mess up that song. About 80% if not higher americans dont even know it.

    OH! also rampart is like a fortification btw :P
    Sometimes you just gotta say, "What the f**k, make your move." - Risky Business
    http://www.free-online-casinos.com
    Add link
    http://www.free-online-casinos.com/search/add_link.php
    Looking for 5 partner sites for the following "free play" page.
    http://www.free-online-casinos.com/simslots.php

  13. #13
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PremTips View Post
    I'm in the same boat myself, and was watching the Super Bowl with a number of Americans around, and none of them were complaining loud enough for me to hear. But here's some info:
    https://www.gpwa.org/forum/sportsboo...em-195687.html

    Hey thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that link at all!

  14. #14
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    [QUOTE=Gabe, she left out the part about "...o'er the ramparts we watched were so galantly gleaming..", which who even knows what "ramparts" are, but it's part of the song, and everyone else manages to get that part in.

    What really funny is that some books had prop bets on how long it would take her to sing it, with the over/under of 1:54. She was clocked at just 1:54, but since she left out some of the words, the books were squealing about paying off. I think some did, some didn't and some called it a push and gave back the money![/QUOTE]



    haha thanks for the detailed explanation for the mess up! I didn't even know they had a spread for a over/under for a national anthem! I remember there used to be a spread if Ricky Martin would come out of the closet in 10 years or so...

  15. #15
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amateur View Post
    Yes Amy, she did a soundcheck, and she even says she has been performing the National Anthem since she was 7 yrs old. Apparently she should have started at 6 instead.
    Spot on

    This is the best telling of what the Star Spangled Banner lyrics mean. Brings tears to my eyes to watch it and hear the reading. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOrZrHtVjY
    Beartiful indeed Chips, thanks.
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to wagerjunction For This Useful Post:

    Chips (10 February 2011)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •