We often hear:
"I just bought this list and I want to mail to it, should I?"
"Where is the best place to BUY/RENT/TRADE a mailing list?"
Before you click on send, read the following.
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/Marketing+FAQs
Rick
Universal4
We often hear:
"I just bought this list and I want to mail to it, should I?"
"Where is the best place to BUY/RENT/TRADE a mailing list?"
Before you click on send, read the following.
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/section/Marketing+FAQs
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
Good read. If only people would adhere to the guidelines.
--
"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~
Hello,
we never registered to any opt-in lists, but every day 10 to 20 (or more) spam emails with casino content soil the computer.
Leopold
Rick if I can ask you.........you talk about spam but what about the spam recruitment emails that are sent from sponsor programs here at GPWA? I can't seem to find anything that says they can't or can email private members here. Or is that a stipulation of private membership that we agree to receive spam emails from sponsor programs?
I'm new here but... that cant be unsubscribed clicking on the link on the GPWA newletter/mail? Like this one: www.casinocitypress.com/MarketingOptOut.aspx?EmailAddress=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&Ma rketingListId=xxxxx&MarketingCampaignId=xxxxxx
I update my subscriptions and never receive more emails again.
Redbush, if you are talking about emails from gpwa directly then you can request removal from those mailings from the gpwa.
If you are talking about direct emails from affiliate programs, that also happen to be sponsors here, I don't think any one affiliate bitches at them more than myself.
Affiliate managers are buying and trading our emails and I think it is wrong. And damn near every single one of the programs where managers do this would close accounts of affiliates for "approaching or recruiting" players in the exact same way.
If I have a list of 10 email accounts that signed opted-in to the "Universal4 newsletter" and you had 10 email accounts that opted-in to the "Redbush newsletter" and we traded those emails, we would BOTH be spamming if we added the traded emails to our newsletter's mailing list.
Yes they opted-in to mailings and they also opted-in to gambling content, but 10 I got from Redbush did not opt-in to my newsletter so it would be spam.
Just because two affiliate managers trade the emails, and then send a personal email instead of a newsletter does not change the facts, Affiliate manager # 2 was not opted-in to.
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!