Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Sorry Guys...gotta pull my Joker on this, although I thougt I did a few months ago on this same thread.

    I got into BO because I had several SEO clients wanting it. I never did anything with them but I went into Forex and the BO blond and made money.

    Nothing I would be willing to make a career from because my ticker is already pushed enough ding SEO. but if you are diligent and do your research you can make a good living.

    I was a gold trader with etoro in 60 days and 15k (GBP) up when I got out after 120 days waiting for my visa to clear while I sat next to my sisters pool in florida.

    Its red or black...don't over-analyse it. Do as NIKE says

  2. #42
    annetrose's Avatar
    annetrose is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xecutable View Post
    They should make a seal "Approved by The Gooner" . So by what I have read this means that a binary affiliate will be happy with his earning, and not so happy about the player's retention once they figure out the whole deal?
    Dear Poster, look at it from the other side. Of course, sure, I can tell You that binary options might be gambling at some nature, however on the other hand it also may be some sort of investment. And here the approach of player goes into role. Why? Sure there always be people who depend on luck. Stock can either go up or down..You predict, listen to advice and make Your bet....than it will be luck..

    However, there are special analytical programs and tools: technical and fundamental that help some other traders to evaluate stock performance..these tools are used in ForEx, in stock market and can be applied for binary options...in this case it will be investing, because persom intended to analyse market for understanding further stock performance...

    So binary options can surely be both gambling as well as investing.

  3. #43
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,034
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts

    Default

    When you INVEST money in something, and the place where you INVEST implies that you are paying for a tangible item that has value, and that value may or may not go up, then that investment should be back by an asset.

    The problem with MOST binary type sites is that they are NOT explaining that the investment is NOT really an investment, but a bet that they will guess correctly about the option.

    It doesn't matter if the bettor is totally lost and guessing, or depending on luck, or has performed a lot of research the option until he is comfortable, if the website pitches to the average visitor that binary options are investments, then maybe they should all start following some of the investment banking and securities rules and regs.

    I am not saying there is not money to be made.

    I would just rather see more TRUTH in the pitch.

    When you pitch a casino or bookie to a gambler, they know there is risk of losing, when you tell someone they are INVESTING, they do not expect to be paying for air but something of value.

    Rick
    Universal4

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (5 June 2014)

  5. #44
    annetrose's Avatar
    annetrose is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    When you INVEST money in something, and the place where you INVEST implies that you are paying for a tangible item that has value, and that value may or may not go up, then that investment should be back by an asset.

    The problem with MOST binary type sites is that they are NOT explaining that the investment is NOT really an investment, but a bet that they will guess correctly about the option.

    It doesn't matter if the bettor is totally lost and guessing, or depending on luck, or has performed a lot of research the option until he is comfortable, if the website pitches to the average visitor that binary options are investments, then maybe they should all start following some of the investment banking and securities rules and regs.

    I am not saying there is not money to be made.


    I would just rather see more TRUTH in the pitch.

    When you pitch a casino or bookie to a gambler, they know there is risk of losing, when you tell someone they are INVESTING, they do not expect to be paying for air but something of value.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Dear Rick!
    Let me tell, You the investing is always has 50 - 50% chance of loss and winning. Even, if You decided to open Your own company...what You do first? You invest! However, please, any businessman that invests into smth new should expect the company either to make money or to be a complete failure...investments into tangiable resources does not 100% guarantee a success....

    Moreover, some people do invest into intangiable resources: for example, You may invest into buying a copyright for the book...however this does not guarantee You success that this book will become profitable after sellings will start...

    Again, surely, a lot of rich people consider that purchasing a stock in the stock market - is diversification of their assets and another way of investments..

    Still, people that decide to put money somewhwere, even into the bank account, should always accept the risk that one day a bank may go banckrup. No risk - no big money..that is for sure

  6. #45
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Binary options are not investments, ann. If you say they are - you are either attempting to fool yourself, attempting to fool us, or you are misinformed. They are betting products - nothing more.

  7. #46
    annetrose's Avatar
    annetrose is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Binary options are not investments, ann. If you say they are - you are either attempting to fool yourself, attempting to fool us, or you are misinformed. They are betting products - nothing more.
    Dear Shay! I am sorry, however, if You are more attantive about my previous forum I didn't tell a word about the binary options.
    However, No one yet provided clear argument of wy it is not an investment...

    Also, I do have my opinion about the binary options and it is expressed earlier in this Forum)) Thank You all

  8. #47
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Ann, if it is an investment product, who is regulating the binaries - a gambling commission of some sort or is the regulator securities related?

    If sites are going to pretend binaries are investments, then things like this will continue to happen - and rightfully so.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (9 June 2014)

  10. #48
    annetrose's Avatar
    annetrose is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Ann, if it is an investment product, who is regulating the binaries - a gambling commission of some sort or is the regulator securities related?

    If sites are going to pretend binaries are investments, then things like this will continue to happen - and rightfully so.
    CySec regulation is one of the most popular

  11. #49
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    Thanks
    12,211
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,686 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annetrose View Post
    CySec regulation is one of the most popular
    Costa Rica is a popular place to pretend one has a "gambling licence" as well.

  12. #50
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    28,034
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 7,923 Times in 4,996 Posts

    Default

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ies_by_country

    Notably is the significant number of overseas retail forex brokers that have obtained registration from CySEC as they generally see this as an easy way to get a license without having to meet stringent requirements that would be imposed by other European financial regulators, yet still qualify under MiFID and so completely free to operate in all European Union member countries.
    (bolding is mine)

    Rick
    Universal4

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 June 2014), ocreditor (9 June 2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •