Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Laura B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default This is unbelievable...

    I wouldn't say this was a "fun" diversion, but I thought it was a miracle the guy in the car didn't die!

    Check this out!
    http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/18032010/36...-car-a1-0.html

    Laura
    [FONT=Arial]Laura Bent

  2. #2
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    woah, thats amazing indeed
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  3. #3
    stevenkeseg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Tirgu Mures, Romania
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I watched the video yesterday...

    Poor guy from the Clio... maybe he has escaped unhurt... but I think this it's going to take time until he drives again.. Not easy to process such a "miracle"
    like Al Boliska said: "All lasting business is built on friendship."

  4. #4
    Laura B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenkeseg View Post
    Poor guy from the Clio... maybe he has escaped unhurt... but I think this it's going to take time until he drives again.. Not easy to process such a "miracle"
    Yeah - you're right! That will take time to get over. The truck driver must be hard of hearing to not hear when he smacked into the car???
    [FONT=Arial]Laura Bent

  5. #5
    Puma's Avatar
    Puma is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,518
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 74 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    I have been hit by a car twice so far in my life. Once was not too much of an issue as I walked away just fine but the other put me in the hospital and to this day i have a fear of cars. So that guy wont be driving for a long time.
    Epic Gambler - Reviews, Ratings, Excitement

  6. #6
    Anthony-Coral is offline Former Employee of Coral
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,217
    Thanks
    904
    Thanked 717 Times in 443 Posts

    Default

    Yeah saw that yesterday - apparently the car driver was unhurt and the police were made aware if the incident back in January but since the footage got posted the haulage company are investigating further.

    Why I don't understand is exactly what must have happened in the moments before that film started!

    How does the truck driver not know!?

  7. #7
    Laura B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HodgeyBoy View Post
    Yeah saw that yesterday - apparently the car driver was unhurt and the police were made aware if the incident back in January but since the footage got posted the haulage company are investigating further.

    Why I don't understand is exactly what must have happened in the moments before that film started!

    How does the truck driver not know!?
    I really don't understand it either. And further more, if you're such a poor driver that you don't notice another car is stuck on the front of your truck, you shouldn't be driving full stop!! :-0
    [FONT=Arial]Laura Bent

  8. #8
    lunaraurora's Avatar
    lunaraurora is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 55 Times in 33 Posts

    Default

    Unbelievable, but I do not understand why the truck does not appear to stop .. I do not think that it does so on purpose

  9. #9
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    I watched this video on our local news last night. All I can say is - WOW!!

    That truck driver needs hearing aids or glasses or both. I'm glad he doesn't drive in Canada....
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  10. #10
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    The only way i see this happening and the big rig driver not realizing that he had a car attached is because he obviously fell asleep at the wheel and the impact of hitting the car woke him up but he didn't realize what woke him up and kept driving.

    See it happen a million times when i was a professional driver, fall asleep for just a few seconds at the wheel and things like this can happen.
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  11. #11
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    If you look on youtube there are heaps of incidents like this...

    What people don't realise is that when you are right in front of the truck like that, sometimes they can't see you..

    That's why you are told not to merge directly in front of a truck when learning to drive... you have to give a lot of space not only for slowing down but to make sure the truck can actually see you...

    Well I was taught that when I learnt to drive here...
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  12. #12
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    I can only assume the truck driver was listening to loud music, but then you would think he would feel the bump when he hit the car.

  13. #13
    stevenkeseg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Tirgu Mures, Romania
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Well, I just wait for the news to arrive about the investigation. Hopefully they will give some answers.

    We can only assume what happened and how, but one thing is for sure: drive carefully! I don't want to read the next news section from any of you being in a similar situation
    like Al Boliska said: "All lasting business is built on friendship."

  14. #14
    laura@cricketontv's Avatar
    laura@cricketontv is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    OMG I really cant see how the truck driver didn't notice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •