Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    smutvibes is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default SEO tips on blogs and in forums

    Hey, forget about finding all the answers in blogs and in forums - you need to just get out and build some sites using the basic knowledge you already have. NO SEO dude will fully gives away ALL his tips and tricks (well, maybe) - he will perform them on your website, yes, but will not fully tell you all the tips and tricks - especially if he is using that to make a little living, which most of us use it for...if you are paying him to get your website up in search engines - Do you think most SEO professionals share 100% of their tips and tricks? I know if I do, I will feel helpless in someway - the thing is, people share the info after it work for them over and over - and then they share that with you after they found a new trick or tip - what do you think?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    If you have so much to share, please do so here in the forums.

    Whether you believe it or not THIS COMMINITY does sahare...and we do so with our fellow affiliates and peers....and yes competitors.....

    We have done that for MANY years now....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Bonus Paradise (20 December 2009), Daera (19 December 2009)

  4. #3
    bbonline's Avatar
    bbonline is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    339
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smutvibes View Post
    I know if I do, I will feel helpless in someway - the thing is, people share the info after it work for them over and over - and then they share that with you after they found a new trick or tip - what do you think?
    How will you know if that tricks works for you if you don't do or used it first? It all starts with application so that you have to come up with a conclusion. Don't just tell it directly without analyzing or applying it.

  5. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    To be honest smutvibes, for you to come here and in one of your very first posts, you tell everyone not to read and or follow advice given in forums, that alone is a bit offensive to our community and what we do here.

    Maybe on the forums which you normally frequent, that might be the case, although there is honestly a wealth of info both here in this forum, as well as many of the the other forums run by some of the memebers here, in addition to hundreds of other webmaster forums in different niches around the world....so in essence your statement does NOT even make sense.

    And then on top of that, you post in a few carefully chosen threads requesting people contact you privately so you can possibly solicit them privately.....well that just may not be so cool either.

    And, based upon your username alone, I am asking an admin to log into the backend and take a look at your sig to make sure you have no plans on posting porn links in it since that IS against the terms of the Forum.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Daera (19 December 2009)

  7. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    And just to let everyone know, I have already notified Michael and Steven about the home page listed on his account.

    Anthony, not sure if you could take care of that, and I apologize that I forgot to keep you in the loop on that....I meant to honest....lol

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. #6
    smutvibes is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default the rules

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    And just to let everyone know, I have already notified Michael and Steven about the home page listed on his account.

    Anthony, not sure if you could take care of that, and I apologize that I forgot to keep you in the loop on that....I meant to honest....lol

    Rick
    Universal4
    Well, show me where I've broken any rules then you can talk...

  9. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Well, based upon your attitude alone, I caution you to tread a little lighter.

    Also, I would like to NOT derail this thread completly, so I will refrain from going into detail within this thread, and will consider moving unrelated posts to a new thread.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  10. #8
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default Respect

    Quote Originally Posted by smutvibes View Post
    Well, show me where I've broken any rules then you can talk...
    You may or may not be breaking rules. But most forums that have a bit of culture expect their members to have some respect for each other.

    Respect is something you earn. Hope you can try and earn some here.

  11. #9
    thepokerkeep's Avatar
    thepokerkeep is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    London Canada
    Posts
    2,886
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 799 Posts

    Default

    They just keep crawling out of the woodwork these days.
    Terry - The Pokerkeep
    President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union

    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Affiliate Resources
    Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist

    Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com



  12. #10
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thepokerkeep View Post
    They just keep crawling out of the woodwork these days.
    The forum needs a can of "DOOM" insect killer.

  13. #11
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I've always appreciated those webmasters who shared what they know. I think sharing is a great way to ensure longevity. Since SEO changes so frequently, it makes no sense to be stingy with what you know.

    I always go out of my way to help those who help me. It's just good Kharma.

  14. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    This is so true....and often members have trouble grasping this concept....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  15. #13
    smutvibes is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default universal

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Well, based upon your attitude alone, I caution you to tread a little lighter.

    Also, I would like to NOT derail this thread completly, so I will refrain from going into detail within this thread, and will consider moving unrelated posts to a new thread.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Universal - seems you have lost your bearings - please read over what I said again, what does the username I use have anything to do with it? The website asked me to enter my website when joinging and I did - I am not trying to look link back from an casino site to a porn site and come to such an well manned forum like this to spam!

    You simply could respond to what I've posted - instead you bashing...and talking about notifying xy and z - if I wanted to spam this place all i would have to do is just use a bot and raise hell over here - but no - I came here and I am trying to participate in the SEO section in a peaceful manner - but no, you and your big bad security self.

    And I bet the only part of this message that will be seen is the part about 'bot'! Lets just get on with it and pass this petty bickering....

  16. #14
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Smile

    smutvibes,

    First, we do NOT allow personal attacks of any kind here at the GPWA.

    The method you used to taunt me is also not allowed and is normally handled by a mod such as myself and will sometimes be edited so as to reduce the effect it has on others and reduce flame wars which get no one anywhere.

    And as a mod, I have the right to edit your post, but since it was leveled directly at me and also since I will likely now take a line from it and use on a semi-regular basis....ummm how did you put it?
    but no, you and your big bad security self.


    Heck I am even considering changing my sig now....lol

    Honestly dude, please do not attack or taunt anyone here....

    And as far as editing, see that's something else we don't do here a lot unless we feel a post personally attacks another, or taunts them, or in the case of hate, sexually-oriented, etc from the terms you agreed to when you joined....

    None of which anything you have posted contains (except what was directed at me) so there will be no need to edit the post you made.

    Now, on to the link which was in your profile, you are correct that by definition the rules did not restrict that, but that is already being discussed and may be changed.

    I do not know if you are aware but most casino affiliate programs that are worth promoting can and do restrict affiliates from placing any casino advertisements on sites and pages that contain adult material.

    Also, for many years there are some webmasters who are GPWA members can and do run adult websites, however they are not discussed here.

    So me and my bad security self wishes to take this time to welcome you to the forums, and if you have seo advice to share, please do so and I encourage you to become an active member of the forum....please understand that some webmasters may not agree with you on subjects, but as long as those disagreements do not end up leading to taunting and personal attacks within the forums there is usually no need to have to edit posts.

    Rick
    Universal4
    He and his big bad security self
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Daera (19 December 2009)

  18. #15
    patmcluk's Avatar
    patmcluk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    377
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    No-one spells Alan as "Alen" and not if their second name is McMillan!

    Spam Spam Spam Spam!
    Just Arsenal News (2.5 million PVs per month)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •