Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Very Disturbing

  1. #1
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default Very Disturbing

    I have been promoting SuertePoker over the past couple of weeks and had a nice player base forming there. Last night I got the following email from them:

    Dear suertepokerplayer
    As part of a network we have rules that all skins need to follow. One of those rules on Cake
    poker network is that no player can get more than 33% in rakeback.
    Cakepokernetwork has today decided that we are not in compliance with the network rules
    regarding rakeback and have therefore decided to shut us down.
    We feel we are in the right here and are at this moment discussing this matter with representatives
    from the Cake poker network.
    During this time we assure you that your money is secure and you can at anytime login and
    withdraw the money if you wish to do so.

    We will get back to you as soon as we know the results of our discussions with Cake.
    Our sincere apologies for this and we hope to be back online very soon.

    kind regards
    suertepoker
    I have mailed my AM and no response. I had a player attempt to sign up today and support kindly told them they are moving away from the Cake Network and are not accepting any new sign ups.

    I guess what disturbs me is I can not get an answer from my contact and with high ranking in the serps I now look the fool.

    Reckon I best blog about the issues so my visitors are informed. So much for all the hours busting my arse.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  2. #2
    casinojack's Avatar
    casinojack is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Under Anthony's bed.
    Posts
    1,428
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    775
    Thanked 454 Times in 301 Posts

    Default

    Cake network has strict policies on this. VERY strict, and is not new either. Seems liked they try to get away with something.

    If I am correct, you cannot even market the rakeback, has to be on request.
    "CasinoJack"


  3. #3
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Of the sites promoting, I only saw 33% rake back which is the standard for Cake Skins. As far as promoting, there are a ton of banners out there with the rakeback deal on them.

    Maybe they propped a player at 100% rake back and got caught? No clue since the AM is not responding. Kinda ticks me off as I put a ton of hours into this site.

    Once bitten, twice shy.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  4. #4
    ECB09's Avatar
    ECB09 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

  5. #5
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    I am not aware of any operators offering more than 33% rake on CakePoker so I am amazed that this comes as a surprise. It appears that SuertePoker were working outside the rules and got reported.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •