Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Ways to display blacklists, closed operators....

    It seems worthwhile to have as many negative reviews as possible, it increases traffic, authority and the possibility of redirection and conversion. However, I'm wondering what way do you have of blacklisting or shutting down casinos/bookmakers? Do you put your negative reviews right below the main list or do you only have links in the navigation below the main list of casinos/bukmakers? Or other ways of presenting the blacklist?

    This is not a topic about negative reviews, as there have already been some. Just about how to display them, visibility.

  2. #2
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    I put them in a "blacklist" menu section in the footer. It may not be a good spot in terms of seo - I'm sure some would say a bad spot - but they are out of the way but on every page. One of the negative reviews is in my top 3 best performing pages, so I don't think footer is so bad for links to negative reviews. I think it is more about the page itself.

  3. #3
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    I may be wrong, but I have noticed that the higher the visibility of negative reviews, the better the Google ranking of those reviews and the increased traffic. Of course, this is not hard data, but I have observed something like this for several months. Hidden somewhere far away in the menu, negative reviews were losing their positions, while those at the very top of the list, right below the recommended bookmakers were gaining rankings.

  4. #4
    tufty is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 346 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyx View Post
    I may be wrong, but I have noticed that the higher the visibility of negative reviews, the better the Google ranking of those reviews and the increased traffic. Of course, this is not hard data, but I have observed something like this for several months. Hidden somewhere far away in the menu, negative reviews were losing their positions, while those at the very top of the list, right below the recommended bookmakers were gaining rankings.
    I think that's true - any link higher up the page and higher up the menu is likely to do better imho. If you have a lot of positive reviews and only a few negative reviews then, if it were me, I'd put them in the main top menu under a 'blacklist' tab. As it is, I have exactly 20 x more negative reviews than positive. Having so many in a blacklist on the main menu at the top of the page (and so few that are positive) would be odd hence my burying them but giving them a link on each page.

  5. #5
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    I think that's true - any link higher up the page and higher up the menu is likely to do better imho. If you have a lot of positive reviews and only a few negative reviews then, if it were me, I'd put them in the main top menu under a 'blacklist' tab. As it is, I have exactly 20 x more negative reviews than positive. Having so many in a blacklist on the main menu at the top of the page (and so few that are positive) would be odd hence my burying them but giving them a link on each page.

    I also have a lot of negative reviews. Similarly, I thought it would look strange, in the menu the user develops a list and there, for example, 15 reviews of which, for example, 10 negative. So a good option might be a level 3 menu. That is, a drop-down list when you click on the menu with a list of casinos/bukmakers and a list of recommended options and at the bottom of the list you go to the level 3 menu when you click/hover. And only a full list of negative reviews. It would not clutter the list of those recommended, yet there would be instant access to the list of not honest operators. And for the ranking I think it could have a positive impact. I am not sure if this is a good solution, but this is what I plan to introduce.

  6. #6
    Martin-nl2 is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    January 2025
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    It's a good solution and I'm sure it will improve the user experience.

  7. #7
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    I have more blacklisted brands than not on some sites these days, which says a lot about our industry. Generally I archive them but preserve some links to them as many still get traffic.

  8. #8
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 746 Posts

    Default

    We don't have a blacklist but will certainly update reviews and titles to Not Recommended and a very brief reason. Google searches will very quickly pick up on these titles and once discovered by the program suddenly there may be some action/improvement. Not all the time, some programs just don't care. Eventually they will simply by in the "Closed" list. LOL
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  9. #9
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,161
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 746 Posts

    Default

    I am curious to know opinions on categories or reasons to blacklist an affiliate program. Example, Payments, Communication, Complaints, etc

    Thanks
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  10. #10
    slotsdudes's Avatar
    slotsdudes is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2025
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Just simply remove them right off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •