Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default What else can I do

    Ideas for marketing (free), backlinks, to get rank up in SERPs

    I am not trying to be stingy but need to be for now, plus I also think I can do well for now without the need to spend a fortune buying links that may turn out to be non exsistant in the eyes of google.

    So far for my marjeting I have been using article submissions, directory submissions, any social netowrk I can get my hands on, free advertising areas, blog, link exchanges.

    Is there any otehr resource that I can make use of?

    I have tried PPC and it sucked for me....bad experience so I am not going to go there.


    Thanks

  2. #2
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Hi C:

    how's that other stuff you mentioned working out for you?

    and yes ... right now PPCs are probably a bad idea. Very, very few worth half their weight if they were weighed in space
    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  3. #3
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    content, content content. Use soicals, use ezinearticles, link build and keep regular in forum do that and wait awhile, you will get results.
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  4. #4
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    SEO is free if you do it yourself. And a solid page of content with good meta tags helps your overall site, gives you a fresh page to put keywords into, and also will hit more of the "long tail" in the search engines.

    I am pretty confident there is more value in a fresh page of content opposed to a couple links... Provided you have some links going to your site.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  5. #5
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Alright here goes nothing and maybe I shouldnt post all my stats or not, but oh well.

    I have in total now 800+ links directed to my site. Some from posts in forums with allowed sigs, some from blogs, articles, social networks, nice authority sites, etc

    I am using hittail as my main approach to keywords and it is very interesting to see what I am hitting for. I find this service much more useful than any other analytic for keyword selection. I have recieved 10 good "hits" Two of them being for very competitive phrases that I have now set my eyes on to reach at least the 2nd page for. *cough* not telling what it is

    Anyway what I do not understand with this is what is the difference between the long tails and short tails. I am assuming that long tails are ones that you, yourself are pursuing rank for while short are ones that by chance you have been picked up for?

    Is this correct? Or am I mixed up?

    Does anyone have any good easy to understand sites that I can do a little more reasearch on?

    I think I can do well with this, my reviews are almost done * thank god I am sick of them* and I am not designing my site ever again, so I think I am at the point where it will be strictly content, links content and I would like to learn as much info to be able to so this right without wasting time.

    I have gone through so many sites and posts about SEO and I find much of the information provided seems to become alot of people playing devils advocate. half agree while the others disagree, The only thing I have seen for certain that most people seem to be on the same wave length is not using blackhat for performance.

    Thanks and sorry for all the newbie comments, I am just slightly frustrated and know I can do this without having to put out major cash for links.

  6. #6
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    The "Long Tail" is long keyword phrases. 4+ words. There is very little competition for these keywords, but each term doesn't get enough traffic to make it worth targeting. So what happens is pages with real content pick up a bunch of these terms, each of which will generate a hit here or there. But if you get enough of these terms, it adds up to serious traffic. But they are also very targeted searches - so that visitor knows exactly what they are looking for.

    Web search seems to change every 6 months. A few years ago, content meant nothing... it was way to heavily based on search. Now, you have to have a good balance of links with lots of unique, high quality text on your pages.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  7. #7
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Ok I have been using hittail to track all of this for the 5 weeks

    Top ten keywords (short tail) make up 37.4% of my traffic
    Long tail is 62.6%

    Is this a poor mix, should I not have a higher percentage of short tail? Or is it something that can not be determined

  8. #8
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Kaus,

    It really does depend on :
    - the market you are targetting
    - the length of time your site has been up
    - the quality and depth of links
    - the quality and depth on content

    What's good, bad or indifferent depends on what you are trying to achieve.

    If you are trying to make sales of poker and casino products then you have a couple of obvious strategies :

    (1) Focusing on hitting good keywords that a player who is looking to find a good place might use in their search.

    (2) Creating a community (forum/blog) to attract repeat visits from regular players so that they may be at your site the next time that they are thinking of buying.

    Long tail, short tail, first page, second page ... this is all gobble-de-gook.

    What you need is for your site to be in the mindset of players - or presented to players when they decide to buy.

    Plan your long-term strategy first.

    Then you can determine an action plan to implement short term and medium tactics to bring about your long-term plans.

  9. #9
    helpyou is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Posts
    830
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    to have success, kaus you must work always well.

    you start to write content for your website ( almost 2 to week ).

    this are good "article submissions, directory submissions, any social netowrk", butyou should to be costant.

    Kaus you have need of almost one good period before to have success with the keywords.
    The site www.onlinexcasinos.com has all the information that an online casino gamer needs. Information on the best online casinos . Read the casino game rules, history and gaming strategy of all online casino game. Read the software and payment option review. Online flash casino.
    review exchanges with websites about casinos on blog.onlinexcasinos.com.

  10. #10
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I find it interesting to see the effects of changes made on a site. For example I was hitting #1 on google for a certain room, than thorugh my new design of the site and obiusly not paying attention to what content on my page was giving me that spot, it dropped to page 10 overnight. I am not sure if this is a temporary position for it to adjust itself, however I am finding the SERP's to be a few weeks behind.

    Does this happen to anyone else when they tweak things?

  11. #11
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I would ignore some day to day variances. week to week over a period of 4-6 weeks is what you need to establish trends, IMO. This is ismply because google, yahoo, msn, etc are not pinging your page every day.

    I love long tail keywords. If a someone is searching for 120% microgaming casino bonus and finds my site, they are more likely to make a purchase than someone simply searching for casino bonus. That said, a single long tail keyword will generate a fraction the traffic of a short tail.

    You cant really target the long tail... They just happen with content. I have my pages up to target 1-4 short keywords on each page, hoping they also augment my number of long tail hits. For example, I may set my keywords as microgaming bonus, microgaming casino, casino bonus, etc.

    The best advice I have on short tail (because I haven't really broken in to any major keywords for an extended period, especially in the casino side) is to monitor your pages. If a page is suddenly getting a few hits for a short tail keyword, optimize it for that keyword... Hopegfully then you can work your way up the rankings.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  12. #12
    bb1web's Avatar
    bb1web is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    1,481
    Thanks
    592
    Thanked 412 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    If a page is suddenly getting a few hits for a short tail keyword, optimize it for that keyword... Hopegfully then you can work your way up the rankings.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    silly me ... I tried that and ended up losing what traffic i was getting.

    Depending on the amount .. you may want to not .. mess with success.

    Almost Here! How would you like to be able to get not just one sign up from your player, or even a couple, but every single casino they join from here on? I've a plan that can make that happen and it will likely also tell you every time the player is active within the casino.

    Gambling Affiliate Place
    Slot Machine Games
    Casinos Accepting USA Players
    Real Time Gaming Slots
    slots tip
    avoid non paying casinos

  13. #13
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaus View Post
    I find it interesting to see the effects of changes made on a site. For example I was hitting #1 on google for a certain room, than thorugh my new design of the site and obiusly not paying attention to what content on my page was giving me that spot, it dropped to page 10 overnight. I am not sure if this is a temporary position for it to adjust itself, however I am finding the SERP's to be a few weeks behind.

    Does this happen to anyone else when they tweak things?
    I check once a week - and notice two main things.

    (1) A page can move around 5-6 places on competitve keywords with no changes - simply based on other peoples efforts.

    It sort of makes sense - you are not the ONLY one working keywords.

    (2) A page can drop out of the top 50 (again for no apparent reason) and then be back the following week.

    I have no idea why this is - although I sometims think that it can be as simple as google not completing an update stream with some bots - so some sections are simply not indexed with updated flags.

    Basically I aim to get onto the front page - as I think most people are prepared to scan the first 10 or so results on the first page in order to find a "best match" for what they want.

    If can can make positions 1-10 then I'm happy.

  14. #14
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I'll wait it out. I did a search on some of the SEO forums and many people are having the same issue. Falling right off the charts all within a few days of each other so hopefully it's temporary.

    ...and this is why SEO fascinates me.

    top of the world one day and bottom of the feeding pool the next

  15. #15
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matted View Post
    I would ignore some day to day variances. week to week over a period of 4-6 weeks is what you need to establish trends, IMO. This is ismply because google, yahoo, msn, etc are not pinging your page every day.

    .
    Just an update my significant drop had to do with changing my code. I guess with the markup being changed twice over a period of a week really threw things on tilt. Either way rankings have been put back to norm and even better I have bumped myself from 80th position to 32nd with some tweaking of page and keywords for a competitive phrase.

    Talk about stressed...people at seoforums said I'd probably been sandboxed and it would take a year to get back out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •