Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default When bots go bad

    Either was an email bot or live cut and paste but I got this on my contact form earlier today. I did not even know I owned the website "DPT_SITE". Was a nice chuckle before hitting the delete button.

    comments: Dear Sir/Madam, We came across your web site DPT_SITE on Google and would very much like to exchange links with you.

    Swapping links with similar themed and good quality web sites can help improve search engine positions and encourage mutual visitors to each web site.

    If you would like to swap links with us, please add our link using the following information: Title: Live Odds URL: xxhttp://www.oddsandnews.com/odds/index.html Description: Sports Information and Scores Please send us your own details and we would be delighted to add a link to your web site here: xxhttp://www.marchmadnesscontest.com/linkex/(choose a category) OR xxhttp://www.inetcasinoinfo.com/linkex/ (choose a category) OR xxhttp://www.stockcarbetting.com/linkex/ (choose a category)

    Many thanks for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

    Kind regards,

    Pxxx Mxxx
    Seo.Marketing Dept.
    Oddsandnews.com
    pxxxxx@xxxxxxxx
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  2. #2
    bbonline's Avatar
    bbonline is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    339
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts

    Default

    haha. Its not only happen through emails. Even my twitter accounts. I always received a daily updates regarding link trade on a certain unrelevant site. I was even followed by a porn star follower. That was a good sample of bad tactics promotion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •