Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74
  1. #61
    Sherlock's Avatar
    Sherlock is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2013
    Location
    WC
    Posts
    4,962
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 3,817 Times in 2,158 Posts

    Default

    I do not talk to him anymore, but I know he was quite successful long term tennis bettor. But it was few years ago when lines were not so sharp. Sports betting is very exhausting, I am former US sports bettor, I have made good money, but quit for many reasons:
    2 main are
    - even more crazy lifestyle than doing affiliate, I was living during nights and slept over days
    - lines are sharper, less and less value around, limits are quicker -> value moved into affiliate
    If you talk to God, you are praying; If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia.

  2. #62
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    There is many ways to make money betting on sports, ways i have also tried, but these ways usually require so much patience it's such a difficult job mentally. Now instead of betting on tennis, i simply write about it instead. I do have the odd flutter every other week, but not constantly betting every day. At one time i would get news on suspicious odds drops and bet on matches which were basically had a 90% win rate with odds of 1.50 or even 2.00 and higher, but these matches were so rare, once every 2 weeks or sometimes just once a month. Retaining relationships with people to get this type of information was so difficult, and i'm not a rich person so couldn't bet big on the opportunities i had.

    Money can be made betting for sure, and i'm sure people who have had negative accounts as affiliates will agree with me, but you need to know the right methods and the right people (if you can) to really succeed, and patience.

    I know this sounds so cliche, but knowing people in high places counts for a lot. If you know the right people who work for bookmakers, have access to betting volumes and things like that you can make money without a doubt. A lad i know who works for a major UK bookie is always posting winning betting slips on Facebook, really high odds and probably makes more money betting than he does working at the firm. It's people like this you need to know, but unfortunately i'm not that close to him.

  3. #63
    Paul Becker is offline New Member
    Join Date
    June 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I took a quick look and I agree that the page is really young and doesn't have a lot of backlinks. As mentioned by racingjim some quality backlink building will help you out. Adding titles and metas with the targeted keywords should also have an impact. From what I can see the titles are quite long (a 70 character title max is recommended) and some metadescriptions contain one line (160 characters max recommended). Take a look at moz.com "beginners guide to seo" and other articles they offer. There's a lot of information available to help you!

  4. #64
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    Hahahaha "unasked". You amused me! The theory that when you have great content then you attract hundreds of links "unasked" is a myth. You can get few links - that's all. The truth is that we have to "manage" links by yourself, especially in gambling niche that do not get links (in natural way) from other than gambling sites.
    Smashed the nail on the head mate, I say this time and again. People go on about geting natural shares/links, what I would call the 'SEO ideologist's dream', the idea that you make great gambling content and suddenly get tons of social shares and tons of websites volunteering links to you. Aint gona happen.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RacingJim For This Useful Post:

    Lottery Addict (5 September 2014)

  6. #65
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Hey mate,

    I didn`t have time to read all the replies, read about half of them, so sorry if I will be repetitive.

    I myself struggled with the exact same issues you do and had the same amount of frustration. I had a tipping website in Romanian which had at that time some of the best previews in the country, but I was only writing, had no idea about google, seo and things like that. The website was horrible seo-wise and after 3-4 years I had 200 hits per day, maximum 5 from google. I can understand your pain.

    First of all you need a little bit of SEO, like others suggested. Unfortunately, from my experience, 'content is king' is only half true. I think the best thing to do is to read a SEO beginners guide. I can reccomend http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo, google has one as well. You must not overdo SEO, but you must have some, a link here and there, some keywords here and there.

    You have to do something besides writing. Comment on some blogs (relevant comments) with your website link. Hell, put your website link in the signature here at GPWA. Register in 4-5 directories. small things like this are a good start and I`m sure in one month you`ll see 15 visitors from google - which will give you confidence and morale that you are going in the good direction.

    Use internal links and less external links. Link to your categories, write some guides. I would remove the tournament links from the header and put your inner links there - put the tournament links in the sidebar with "nofollow" if you know how to do it (<a href="http://website.com" rel="nofollow">website title</a>)

    Also from my experience I can say that covering the biggest matches will not get you traffic because the competition is huge. From my experience the most traffic can come from matches like Halep - Petkovic or Berdych - Simon in 4th round, QF of big competitions. Of course it`s no guarantee, it`s just an example. Writing picks on Federer or Serena Williams will never get you traffic at first. Of course, you don`t need to write only for google.

    Also some good advice I got some seasoned affiliates and what I believe myself - perseverence is the key in this business. Especially if you are on a specific niche like tennis, it`s harder to grow, but the rewards can be better in the end.

    If it helps you here is a topic of mine 5 years ago, very similar to yours, I good some good advice so maybe you can take something from it: https://www.gpwa.org/forum/my-site-c...tml#post574609.

    Keep asking questions. You won`t be able to do everything at first and maybe even this topic could be a little information overload. But keep asking questions, read beginner guides, be perseverent (as much as time allows you) and you will learn and prevail! You have good content, which will help you surpass most other websites when you put things in order with seo and website organization. Best of luck!
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rostick For This Useful Post:

    alin04 (8 October 2014), RacingJim (9 September 2014)

  8. #66
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    so true!
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  9. #67
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the reply Rostick. I have steadily growed a few visitors as time has gone on since this thread started, but of course i'd like more like anyone else on this forum.

    As regards the links at the top of the page, I know some of them do link to external pages such as Indian Wells and Australian Open, but the ones such as US Open, Wimbledon etc; do link to inner pages. The reason I put the external links there, is so that when the tournaments come around next season, I can link those to my labels just like I have done with US Open etc; The reason for this, is because the website is only 5-6 months old, I haven't had articles to cover those tournaments yet, and won't be able to till next year.

    You're right about big matches, and this is one reason why I did pick the women's niche for tennis writing rather than top level men's tennis.

    I'll have a look at that thread you posted, thanks.

    Do you still continue your Romanian tipping site, or did you let it go?

  10. #68
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    sorry for the header links than - i clicked on IW and saw it was external. Just as a suggestion, maybe you would like to write an article about each tournament (history, details, betting insights, etc.) instead of them being just category links.

    I let it go as I decided to go on english instead, but plan to reactivate it sometime. it`s online, but a ghost site.
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  11. #69
    Irefutabilul's Avatar
    Irefutabilul is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Cheers Rostick, nice to see you here

  12. #70
    Rostick's Avatar
    Rostick is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 118 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irefutabilul View Post
    Cheers Rostick, nice to see you here
    cheers mate, the same goes for me !
    Betdistrict.com - free betting tips & previews
    Happybags.ro - romanian e-commerce website
    WW2HistoryBook - World War Two Library

  13. #71
    ild2014 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I think its depends on your website SEO campaign that you are not getting any organic traffic yet by search engines after 5 months. You have nicely concentrated on "ON Page SEO" but what about "OFF Page SEO?" There are a lot of sites which achieved success within 5 to 6 month period. With proper SEO campaign, organic traffic comes maximum within 4 to 5 months.

  14. #72
    peleus is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2013
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Just for me, I'd stay away with SEO and stick with unique contents on a daily basis. SEO just cost a lot of money and so little room to get an ROI here.

  15. #73
    covs67 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    October 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    You're probably doing something wrong here. In 5 months, your site should have been a well respected site in your niche if you did things correctly.
    Focus on building quality links to your site as well as writing quality content that gives value to users.

  16. #74
    link22's Avatar
    link22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midlands, England
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    My website is getting more page views than it did initially at the start of this thread, mainly because I have been writing a lot more consistently over the past couple of months etc; I'm still not ranked on page 1 for alot of keywords however, but this may come overtime.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •