Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Question Center Aligned or Left Aligned?

    Which one do you prefer for your content and why?

    I mean is there any SEO effect in terms of content quality?

    Thanks in advance

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgroup For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 January 2018)

  3. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I am interested to hear other's thoughts on the first question, although I think it depends a little bit on site design as well.

    Personally it feels more natural to me to read left justified articles, but headlines or sometimes bold statements centered to draw extra attention maybe.

    I can't see how the alignment of text can change anything seo related, nor see why it should.

    Rick
    Universal4

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 January 2018), hcgroup (16 January 2018)

  5. #3
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Hi Rick,

    Thanks for the contribution. I think that it gas an effect on the visitor so it may have an effect on the conversion performance of the content due to mood of the visitor.

    It mat seem to you a bit more detailed approach but IMHO it is still related with SEO indirectly

    Cheers


    Sent by using Tapatalk Pro

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgroup For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 January 2018)

  7. #4
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    generally text is left, like rick says, headlines, image captions centered. just like a newspaper or magazine.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slotplayer For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (7 February 2018), hcgroup (16 January 2018)

  9. #5
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotplayer View Post
    generally text is left, like rick says, headlines, image captions centered. just like a newspaper or magazine.
    Thanks. I think so. Also the spaces between the words look improper in center aligned.

    Cheers!


    Sent by using Tapatalk Pro

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgroup For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (16 January 2018)

  11. #6
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Just set it 100% rather than affix the size.
    Make sure it's responsive and AMP enabled
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (19 January 2018)

  13. #7
    Slawete is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 59 Times in 45 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcgroup View Post
    Also the spaces between the words look improper in center aligned.
    Cheers!
    Probably you are about justified text, not centered

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slawete For This Useful Post:

    GaryTheScubaGuy (22 January 2018), hcgroup (19 January 2018)

  15. #8
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheScubaGuy View Post
    Just set it 100% rather than affix the size.
    Make sure it's responsive and AMP enabled
    I see. Thanks a lot. I will do that


    Sent by using Tapatalk Pro

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgroup For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (20 January 2018)

  17. #9
    checu's Avatar
    checu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2011
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Center Aligned or Left Aligned ?
    This question doesn't have anything to do with SEO. Maybe with onpage UX.
    Sorry to break your world like this
    Be the best bet with the best - BetBrain UK

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to checu For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (20 January 2018)

  19. #10
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I don't believe that it affects seo either way. Personally, I prefer text to be left aligned.

  20. #11
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheScubaGuy View Post
    Just set it 100% rather than affix the size.
    Make sure it's responsive and AMP enabled
    How does Google feel about Off Canvas Nav Menus?

  21. #12
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,451
    Thanks
    9,153
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by hcgroup View Post
    Which one do you prefer for your content and why?

    I mean is there any SEO effect in terms of content quality?

    Thanks in advance
    Hey mate,

    I don't think it makes any difference at all to Google if it's left aligned or centre aligned.

    Personally, I prefer to have all of my text centre aligned.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (21 January 2018)

  23. #13
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slotplayer View Post
    How does Google feel about Off Canvas Nav Menus?
    Why would you use those?
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (21 January 2018)

  25. #14
    slotplayer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    1,044
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 322 Times in 252 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheScubaGuy View Post
    Why would you use those?

    I didn't, I just saw them being used on sites and was wondering if Google deems it hidden content.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slotplayer For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (21 January 2018), hcgroup (21 January 2018)

  27. #15
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hcgroup View Post
    Thanks for the contribution BUT: I accept SEO as a whole process from the first pixel or character to the profits! So IMHO it is an ingredient in SEO process


    Sent by using Tapatalk Pro
    Good to see some good feedback @hcgroup. I'm really getting sick of 100's of one-liners used to boost imaginary GPWA ratings.
    Was anyone around 10 years ago when SEOChat has this issue as well? What waste of time w IMHO you are exactly correct. look me up on SEOChat... I told them good riddance and goodbye as I was sick of their abused grading system, and useless convoluted and inaccurate idiot advice.

    First of all, if Google, Gary I. or even the errant Cutts comments elude to it not working or even creating penalties, I see a forked tongue and diligently start using sacrificial sites to test this Google statement. Plus I'm now in the UK so everything seems a bit delayed when comparing US sites.

    But the important point I'll make (and you have deluded) is that over the years, is that SEO is a whole process and a very difficult and ever-changing one. If you're not questioning and testing everything your failing.

    Do you think one should be lazy enough to not add metatag keywords? I've been doing this SEO thing for 20 years and have seen that meter fluctuated like a Geiger counter in California. Plus you have 100's of 3rd and 4th party SE's that DO use meta's, as well as other means to an end such as comments on blogs and forums using your avatar screen name and anchor text variations.

    If it's not proven to be damaging, use everything.(Ie. Alt tags and descriptions on images, no-follows on useless internal links and so on.)

    Beware; you can over-optimize, which is why we own 1000's of sites to run these types of tests through...

    Because google I don't know about you, but I don't trust Google.

    Why would they divulge algorithmic elements for people like us to exploit? Wouldn't doing a whisper campaign do an even better job?

    I'm just saying, I have spent thousands of dollars, used many people and hours of research and - DO NOT believe ANYTHING you read unless you trust the source, test the data or don't care about ranking...and GOOGLE is definitely not one of them.
    Last edited by GaryTheScubaGuy; 22 January 2018 at 7:43 am.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  28. #16
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    I wanted to add one more thing...we ran a test using a secondary keyword, no likes, no meta, no descriptions, custom schema, AMP or sils's at all. just set them up running few days posting on open sites, comments, forums and blogs. 30 ranked (top 100) for the KW in question 30 times, and believe me when I say, left no triggers, flags or other website references to form ANY ASSOCIATION EXCEPT POSTING 1-4S MENTION OF THE DOMAIN (BUT NO LINK).

    Granted, these weren't 'Poker" or 'Slots' but they were semi-longtail terms and after 6 months the sites that sustained the top 30 we created a PBN that's working exceptionally.

    Spin yer mellon around that one for a wee bit!
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  29. #17
    hcgroup's Avatar
    hcgroup is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2017
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 219 Times in 186 Posts

    Default Perfect explanation

    Hello Gary,

    All is clear from your words. These 2 messages are priceless for me.

    I will try everything out unless they provenly give harm!

    Last but not the least, "Google" is also a company living for PROFITS! And money doesn't like JUSTICE!

    Cheers!

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hcgroup For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (22 January 2018), GaryTheScubaGuy (22 January 2018)

  31. #18
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Hi hcgroup,

    If you are doing one-page sites (scroll down), be sure to add links (back to the top) in each fold/topic leading back to the top or an index. Put non-important links at the very top or bottom as ppl are accustomed to this, otherwise, you have a sitemap I would integrate into a 404 page. Also no-follow useless navigation. If not too many navigational elements confuse and loses. 3 identical internal site links are about the limit depending on the site size. One at the top, one on the right, an XML sitemap and proper silos would be a better choice...but I haven't tested it.

    PS. What about Arabic?

    GTSG
    Last edited by GaryTheScubaGuy; 22 January 2018 at 3:10 am.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    hcgroup (22 January 2018)

  33. #19
    ApostaGanha's Avatar
    ApostaGanha is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApostaGanha For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (22 January 2018), hcgroup (22 January 2018)

  35. #20
    Ladiepre's Avatar
    Ladiepre is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    That place called 'there'
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I find sites that are centre aligned to be clumsy and the content usually seems all over the place. I prefer left-aligned content. It appears more professional and site navigation easier which is hard to achieve when content has been centred.
    Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's about unbecoming everything that really isn't you...so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place."-Unknown

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •