Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default How many years for a domain?

    How many years do you suggest purchasing a domain for optimum search engine placement?
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  2. #2
    Isaiah's Avatar
    Isaiah is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2007
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    Doesn't matter if you get it for 2 years as an example to begin, and then extend it for more years.

    What the most of the search engines care about, is the domain age, not for how long you will own it. Keep your domain with an active website that is updated daily/weekly for some years, and you will see improvement at serps year by year.

  3. #3
    Fortune Palace's Avatar
    Fortune Palace is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    409
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 137 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    The advice I've had on this is that it's all retrospective - a domain that's existed for 10 years on a 2 year renewal will have far more success than a new domain that's on a 10 year contract.

    Comes down to trust and authority, and if you could buy that, we'd all have 100 year domain contracts!

    If it's a concern for you, your best bet is to buy up an old domain that's already 'paid its dues'.
    Andy

    fortunepalace.co.uk - Fortune Palace | Online Casino Strategy Guide

    Fortune Palace on Twitter
    Fortune Palace's YouTube channel

  4. #4
    webber286 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2006
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Assuming you are in this for the long haul I would recommend buying a domain for a 10 year term. There is some evidence in the SEO world that the farther out the expiration date the better for Google's algorithm. However, in a hyper-competitive industry like online gambling it is a very very minor part of what you need to rank well. Still, every little bit helps.
    We help market the following websites: PlayersJet Online Gambling Sites | The Standard Pay Per Head

  5. #5
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    I have heard the same about multiple year domian purchase but it was from the domain seller, I did not put much faith in them as I felt it was mearly a sales pitch... Well when renewal time comes about I do plan on a multi-year renewal, I guess time will tell what is the best.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,092
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 172 Times in 120 Posts

    Default

    I agree. I think pure domain age is a minor factor. Full website age probably has a greater impact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •