View Poll Results: Do you work less or more using AI?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shorter

    8 42.11%
  • Longer

    4 21.05%
  • The same

    7 36.84%
  • I do not use AI

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default Do you work more or less when using AI?

    In theory, it seems that using AI should shorten the working time. However, on the other hand, AI software can suggest various ideas that would not be implemented without it. The topic is complex and the approach to the topic can be different.
    So, do you work longer or shorter on your website thanks to different AI technologies?

  2. #2
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Great question. I wouldn’t say I work more or less, but rather, I work differently. For instance, translating long texts is much easier now, and when I’m unsure about a term, I can ask the AI why using one word over another. This helps me write faster but also learn without needing to cross-reference multiple sources. Similarly, when I hit a technical issue with my websites, I can get step-by-step solutions with just a couple of clicks.

    That’s a huge time-saver, but in my case, I don’t end up with free time. Instead, I use it in other work-related tasks, usually to improve the performance of my websites. So many people are using AI now that the worst thing I could do is slow down and fall behind.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to NoDepositCasinos For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (23 June 2025)

  4. #3
    lapa221Q is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    no more no less

  5. #4
    Emiliana Rostowicz's Avatar
    Emiliana Rostowicz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Using AI reduced the time I spend on routine tasks, but overall... I actually work more now. Why? Because it unlocked new possibilities. I used to spend an hour on one article, now I can produce three, and still have time to analyze data, optimize structure, or test new traffic sources.
    AI lowered the technical barrier and helped me execute ideas faster, but it also pushed me to redefine my role. I'm no longer just a writer. I build systems. And that requires even deeper involvement.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emiliana Rostowicz For This Useful Post:

    kwblue (19 November 2025)

  7. #5
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    Using AI generally reduces the time for many tasks, although in some cases it can cost you time following rabbit holes. Like with any tech it only changes the way you work. AI is just another tool. Smart phones didn't make us work less, arguably they make us work more, they make some tasks quicker and easier opening up time to do other things instead.

  8. #6
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    I agree with the sentiment that it’s another tool, I’ve found it can save time with some research compared to googling and compiling stuff manually, so in that respect I suppose I work a little less.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to golfbettingsystem For This Useful Post:

    universal4 (26 June 2025)

  10. #7
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Programming wise its amazing, but not perfect so debugging issues and learning to speak to AI is a new issue all together. Productivity wise its insane, but mentally takes more work if you hit an issue as I find that not writing the code makes it difficult to fix the code. For forms / layout ext it cant be beat. So to answer the question I work longer I think, but productivity is 4X.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  11. #8
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,164
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    Interesting read from everyone. AI is something we will be embarking on very soon at all levels.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  12. #9
    MichaelBluejay is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    I put in the same amount of time but I get more done. I just wrote some software and AI shortened the development time by months, by showing me ways to do things I didn't know about, writing some tricky algorithms, and finding bugs where I couldn't.

  13. #10
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    I posted several dozen posts from GPWA and AGD on ChatGPT about the time spent working on affiliate websites. I asked for a comment. In GPT's opinion, the hours given are exaggerated. He raised two issues.

    1. The reported working time is much longer than the actual working time. This means that over 60% of working time is spent on non-work-related matters.
    2. Extending working hours to emphasize the heroism of one's efforts.

    As a result, GPT claims that2-3 hours a day of work on an existing website for over a year and 6-12 hours in the first year of the website's existence are sufficient.

    It's just a curiosity.

  14. #11
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Since my response in June I’ve used AI far more for various menial tasks, research and updates and now it’s an increasingly important part of how I work.

    It’s not perfect though by any means and some stuff needs sense-checking and validating but it’s undoubtedly speeding up my work.

    For me it’s great - for an employee in a multitude of jobs where AI can do the work they do in a tiny fraction of the time (and cost) I’d be very concerned about my job.

  15. #12
    Gilmors Svekis is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2025
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Same time, but i manage to do more. It helps me to find information faster and some thing with code.

  16. #13
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Default

    I've become a pretty heavy user of ChatGPT, enough so that I pay a monthly fee rather than using the free version.

    I would say that sometimes it saves me a lot of time, but sometimes I spend more time. Although when spending more time, I generally view the quality of the final result is better. When I spend more time it is usually because the process is producing interesting results, and so I invest more time.

    Of course, sometimes the process has taken me down crazy paths. For example, yesterday I had it research an area, and then in the end found out the information presented was a completely fabricated example of what I might have found if I spent time researching using current live data. ChatGPT had outlined a research approach, and then showed the type of results that research result might produce. But it didn't actually do any research just showed what I might expect to find if I did the research.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  17. #14
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    **Edit because I didn't answer the question: I spend more time because I can do a lot more, more quickly. I find that I have time to add features I wouldn't have had time for previously.


    I use AI a lot in my engineering work, and it can be both incredible and infuriating. Some models write great code; others send you in circles (looking at you, GPT-4.1). If you don’t stay actively involved, you’ll realize you’ve let an AI loop the same idea three times before you catch it.

    ----- Engineering Side (In case you want to skip) -----

    A few examples of how useful it can be when you guide it:

    I built a manufacturing app years ago, but a lot of logic lived directly in the Windows service.

    Step 1: I asked an AI to refactor it into proper modules/classes—done in minutes instead of days.
    Step 2: Then I had it build a GUI from my JSON structure—about 4 hours with debugging, something that would’ve taken me days.
    Step 3: I asked it to convert my alerting system (email/SMS/etc.) into a plugin architecture. I had no idea where to start. AI did it in ~6 hours; that would’ve been a two-week grind for me.
    Step 4: Added four new plugins the next day—AI time: 1 day. My time: probably 3 weeks.

    ----- Affiliate Side -----

    I didn't want to pay for NiftyStats or StatsDrone (at the moment), so I built my own tools using Next.js, GitHub Copilot (Grok and GPT):

    Step 1: Pulled data from 1 Affiliate Program using MyAffiliates via API—done in minutes.
    Step 2: Generalized it so multiple MyAffiliates programs could be added through env vars—another 10 minutes.
    Step 3: Built collectors for four proprietary programs—maybe 2–3 hours.
    Step 4: Added a small web interface with a “collect now” button—also minutes.

    Final Thoughts

    AI is powerful, but only if you know what you're doing. If you try to use it on autopilot, it’ll lead you off a cliff. With the right guidance, though, it saves massive amounts of time.

    I’m even using it to design my sites and generate backend scripts so I don’t need a web admin anymore. No more WordPress, no CMS—just clean code and direct database scripts.

    -- Written by me and edited by ChatGPT You can always tell because it likes to use a lot of these things: —
    Last edited by kwblue; 20 November 2025 at 5:31 am.
    SlotsOnFire.com — Online Slots Database | 34,000+ Games, RTP & Reviews

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to kwblue For This Useful Post:

    chaumi (20 November 2025)

  19. #15
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is online now Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwblue View Post
    AI is powerful, but only if you know what you're doing.
    Isn't that the truth! I'm literally scraping the surface compared to what you've described there kwblue - inspiring stuff.

  20. #16
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfbettingsystem View Post
    Isn't that the truth! I'm literally scraping the surface compared to what you've described there kwblue - inspiring stuff.
    Keep working on it! You will only get better. Another example that I did this morning....

    Game Screenshots:

    I have a bunch of game screenshots that I have on my server. Those screenshots are png and range up to 5MB in size. That is really too big, IMO. So - I asked Mr. GPT-4.1 to write me a script to do the following:

    1. Backup the images in case anything goes wrong
    2. Use ImageMagick to convert the images to .avif with 80% quality when those images are > 500KB
    3. Update my database so that it points to the new images (since the extension changed from png to avif)
    4. restart my application (NextJS)

    That took me about 10 minutes with asking for changes. This type of thing a long time ago took me hours and a program that I had to use to convert.

    This quick script had the following message (this for just one game provider folder):

    Converted 78 images. Total space saved: 124.26 MB
    Backups stored in: /home/shared-assets/images/games/bgaming/imageBackups



    If you know where to look - you can get AI to do a lot.
    SlotsOnFire.com — Online Slots Database | 34,000+ Games, RTP & Reviews

  21. #17
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    I've become a pretty heavy user of ChatGPT, enough so that I pay a monthly fee rather than using the free version.

    I would say that sometimes it saves me a lot of time, but sometimes I spend more time. Although when spending more time, I generally view the quality of the final result is better. When I spend more time it is usually because the process is producing interesting results, and so I invest more time.

    Of course, sometimes the process has taken me down crazy paths. For example, yesterday I had it research an area, and then in the end found out the information presented was a completely fabricated example of what I might have found if I spent time researching using current live data. ChatGPT had outlined a research approach, and then showed the type of results that research result might produce. But it didn't actually do any research just showed what I might expect to find if I did the research.

    Michael
    I wouldn't call myself a heavy user, but I do use AI regularly and I'm currently subscribed to both ChatGPT and Grok. That said, I've had to become much more careful lately.
    It amazes me that some people in this thread are getting exceptional results consistently. For me, even though in theory these tools can do more and more things, its quality has gone down. Sometimes I'm just doing very basic research or simply translating something, and the tool outright invents information or completely changes the meaning; something that happened to me much less often in the past.

    At least for now, and I might change my opinion again just as the performance of these tools keeps changing, I am spending time that I would rather use somewhere else double-checking everything and repeating the instructions/prompts. I am still thinking that both ChatGPT and Grok have a lot of potential, but it gets overshadowed by silly mistakes.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  22. #18
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    I pay for chatgpt, I might switch to Gemini 3, though after the initial enthusiasm, now I am not so sure it's worth it. ChatGpt has the Projects option which is super cool, but overall the UX sucks. Gemini is great at UX, but doesn't have "Projects" so if you're a heavy user on Gemini, it will soon become a mess.

    I tried Codex only once, but I prefer to program myself and just ask questions where I am not sure, or give the AI tasks that are repetitive and boring (while simple at their core). Vibe coding in general is really bad if you have any (vague) idea of how computers and code work.

    I think I work now even more with AI, since it dramatically increases my productivity and I can do/try a lot more stuff.

    Edit: I've been playing for a while with openrouter, which is an aggregator of models. Pretty sure there are many such sites out there. It's not free, you need to make a deposit (prepaid credits) and you will use any model via its API, which is quite expensive compared to a $20/month subscription. However, you can deposit a small amount of money and test out hundreds of models. So that's my second AI tool after chatgpt.

  23. #19
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,164
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    I am now using Claude.ai , I find the results so much better. Decided to even pay, seems worth it.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  24. #20
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    I am now using Claude.ai , I find the results so much better. Decided to even pay, seems worth it.
    Claude is my preference, although I use it with Github CoPilot (which offers: GPT (all versions), Grok, Claude (all versions), and Gemini (all versions).
    SlotsOnFire.com — Online Slots Database | 34,000+ Games, RTP & Reviews

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to kwblue For This Useful Post:

    NoDepositCasinos (22 November 2025)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •