Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default Does email spamming work?

    As a player does email spamming really work? Well no here is my experience. For the past 6 years I have been very loyal to one brand. I love this particular online casino so much that last month I deposited close to 7k not to mention the previous months. I walked away without a single withdrawal.

    So what’s my attraction? It boils down to trust. They have been 100 percent professional throughout the six years. I will continue making wagers there. However, if a day arose when they decided to cross promote or spam my inbox the trust is fractured. Likewise when VIP, or some others decide to spam me you are added to my do not play list. Because if you are spamming for business, and most players would agree, you have just broken any kind of trust. And believe me when it comes to offshore online gambling trust is the key for a thriving business.

    So you smart business people keep shooting yourself in the face.

    greek39
    Greek39

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    j.rewardsaffiliates (14 May 2012)

  3. #2
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 229 Times in 181 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgaming View Post
    As a player does email spamming really work? Well no here is my experience. For the past 6 years I have been very loyal to one brand. I love this particular online casino so much that last month I deposited close to 7k not to mention the previous months. I walked away without a single withdrawal.

    So what’s my attraction? It boils down to trust. They have been 100 percent professional throughout the six years. I will continue making wagers there. However, if a day arose when they decided to cross promote or spam my inbox the trust is fractured. Likewise when VIP, or some others decide to spam me you are added to my do not play list. Because if you are spamming for business, and most players would agree, you have just broken any kind of trust. And believe me when it comes to offshore online gambling trust is the key for a thriving business.

    So you smart business people keep shooting yourself in the face.

    greek39
    I 100% agree with you, being spammed by a brand I've not opted in with turns me against them, even if the offer sounds good.

    I understand there must be some level in success with it, otherwise it wouldn't still be around, but I also think that most people misunderstand what real email marketing actually is. I was discussing email marketing with a few old colleagues over a drink the other day (sad I know ) and mentioning the success it brings the casino, there first question was where we buy our lists from.

    Buying lists isn't email marketing, it's spamming people who don't want to get your information. Real email marketing IMO is gathering the correct information from your customers and encouraging them to engage with your brand and share the information on.

  4. #3
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,663
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 5,242 Posts

    Default

    Spamming does do one thing though....

    For those affiliates that spam some casinos, it does get their affiliate accounts placed in jeopardy since some groups do take action against the spammers and close their affiliate accounts if they continue to spam.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  5. #4
    Chips's Avatar
    Chips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,618
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 886 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Spamming does do one thing though....

    For those affiliates that spam some casinos, it does get their affiliate accounts placed in jeopardy since some groups do take action against the spammers and close their affiliate accounts if they continue to spam.

    Rick
    Universal4
    At least a few 'reputable' programs will react. Far too many turn a blind eye or simply ask for the spammed address and have the scumbag remove it from their list.

    One of my peeves was when Commission Account (Sportsbook Poker, Players Only) sold their list. I had an email only used for them (playersonly@xxx.com) and it wound up getting slammed with spam. Had to delete the addy and use a different one eventually. Makes me sick the way some programs think they can turn a $ or two.
    --
    "People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity." ~Andrew Carnegie~

  6. #5
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    Spam is terrible but it must work for people to carry on spamming - it's a pity as it gives reputable operators a bad name

  7. #6
    casinoplanet's Avatar
    casinoplanet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2009
    Location
    LowLands
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    103
    Thanked 124 Times in 82 Posts

    Default

    Like many others I really hate spam and if a program I work with should start such practices, I would stop promoting it immediately.

    My spambox is filled with this garbage and it looks like it's increasing too. Just disgusting!
    "Depend on the rabbit's foot if you like, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit." R.E. Shay

  8. #7
    Jennytaketheworld's Avatar
    Jennytaketheworld is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    As I know It does work , even if it is in small percentages . And it is a big business as well .
    And of course I hate it as well ... But sometimes I do click on the link to see what up .

  9. #8
    Schankwart is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 83 Times in 57 Posts

    Default

    Does email spamming work?
    Ask the guys listed in this thread... or some of the people at Wagershare.

  10. #9
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 268 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Spamming probably did work before. Anyone remember casinoprophet? He was a big spammer and was of the most successful affiliates a few years back.

  11. #10
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,266
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 652 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Casinorep View Post
    Spamming probably did work before. Anyone remember casinoprophet? He was a big spammer and was of the most successful affiliates a few years back.
    I wonder what he's up to today...

  12. #11
    Casinorep's Avatar
    Casinorep is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Posts
    941
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 268 Times in 202 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pgaming View Post
    As a player does email spamming really work? Well no here is my experience. For the past 6 years I have been very loyal to one brand. I love this particular online casino so much that last month I deposited close to 7k not to mention the previous months. I walked away without a single withdrawal.

    So what’s my attraction? It boils down to trust. They have been 100 percent professional throughout the six years. I will continue making wagers there. However, if a day arose when they decided to cross promote or spam my inbox the trust is fractured. Likewise when VIP, or some others decide to spam me you are added to my do not play list. Because if you are spamming for business, and most players would agree, you have just broken any kind of trust. And believe me when it comes to offshore online gambling trust is the key for a thriving business.

    So you smart business people keep shooting yourself in the face.

    greek39
    Sent you pm.

  13. #12
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,159
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,069
    Thanked 3,452 Times in 1,812 Posts

    Default

    Spamming does have to be effective on some level or we wouldn't see so damn much of it.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  14. #13
    Alex RevenueJet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Sometimes it is hard to get an important piece of information to a person though. With such an overload of information one must repeat his message for it to get through.

  15. #14
    j.rewardsaffiliates is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    100% Agree with you on that. From my experience this is why spamming does not work in the long run:

    An advertiser only pays an affiliate because the affiliate is profitable for them. For example: If the advertiser pays the affiliate $1000 for 100 conversions, and the conversions do not make the advertiser more than $1000, then the the advertiser will eventually stop advertising. What's worse is that once the affiliate is caught spamming (and it's not hard to catch) the affiliate becomes known for spamming and it becomes increasingly more difficult to join more networks.

    - I have seen many compelling ways that an affiliate can make a lot of money in the short term, but if the advertiser looses out, there's absolutely no point, as you wont have a future revenue stream :P

  16. #15
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    My Email is full of SPam and it drives me crazy, im not even a player or anything like that and still I get emails fro Casinos and Affiliate Programs. Ive always wondered how exactly do they get everybody's email.

    Im currently getting an email from a RGW 2012 Expo, the other day I received an email from them 6 times in 8 hours. They dont even have an option so I can stop receiving them...

  17. #16
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,663
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 5,242 Posts

    Default

    Well Gabriel,

    The more the spam in your inbox increases, the more reasoning you see behind other affiliates forwarding spam we receive to you asking for you to discuss with the spamming affiliates why spam is so bad.

    I often forward spam to affiliate managers, but I usually request that do NOT expose my email address to the spammer or simply ask the spammer for removal of my email account.

    The spamming affiliates need to STOP the spam, not simply remove those who complain.

    Often the only way this happens though is when the affiliate loses their account and all commissions generated on the account.

    If the spammers knew they would never be paid for their spamming efforts, they would stop the spam...that is the ONLY thing they understand....loss of income....

    I honestly don't think I am telling you anything you don't already know....but it doesn't hurt to say it once in a while...

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  18. #17
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I totally agree.

    Its going to be tough because like you said "if the spammers knew they would never be paid for their spamming efforts, they would stop the spam"


    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Well Gabriel,

    The more the spam in your inbox increases, the more reasoning you see behind other affiliates forwarding spam we receive to you asking for you to discuss with the spamming affiliates why spam is so bad.

    I often forward spam to affiliate managers, but I usually request that do NOT expose my email address to the spammer or simply ask the spammer for removal of my email account.

    The spamming affiliates need to STOP the spam, not simply remove those who complain.

    Often the only way this happens though is when the affiliate loses their account and all commissions generated on the account.

    If the spammers knew they would never be paid for their spamming efforts, they would stop the spam...that is the ONLY thing they understand....loss of income....

    I honestly don't think I am telling you anything you don't already know....but it doesn't hurt to say it once in a while...

    Rick
    Universal4

  19. #18
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    29,663
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked 8,276 Times in 5,242 Posts

    Default

    Well honestly, if enough HONEST groups such as yourselves, would close the spammers affiliate accounts for spamming that continue once reported, they would eventually take the hint and move on to the groups that continue to tolerate it.

    Then of course WE affiliates would also have to apply more pressure on those groups who continue to allow it to stop allowing it or risk losing more affiliates....

    You know I thought about it for a while after I posted earlier, and I will say that although I may have occassionally seen your properties in spam it is rather rare, and those groups that I know make an effort to stop their affiliates from spamming usually have their properties spammed much less.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Gabriel_LCP (15 May 2012)

  21. #19
    Gabriel_LCP's Avatar
    Gabriel_LCP is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,514
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 303 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Yeah exactly! We really try to let affiliates know that Spamming our Casinos will not be tolerated... In the past I remember having somebody complain about SPAM from one of our casinos so we found out where the source was coming from and had to close the account.

    But yes, I absolutely agree with you. Its a strategy we should all work on for the good of the community.

  22. #20
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,070
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,641
    Thanked 3,535 Times in 2,203 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel_LCP View Post
    Im currently getting an email from a RGW 2012 Expo, the other day I received an email from them 6 times in 8 hours. They dont even have an option so I can stop receiving them...
    I also get the same spam and amount from these guys.
    There is an unsubscribe link in the email i get but our company blocks the domain as it is a malicious site for some reason, so i cant even unsubscribe.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •