Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Cool Dreaming of working

    So Saturday morning i wake my other half up by sleep talking, apparently i kept asking him for the terms & conditions, and the other week i woke up in a haze telling him i would get up in a minute once "i've finished writing this e-mail".

    Luckily i don't sleep walk otherwise i think i would actually work in my sleep.

    Does anyone else sleep talk about work or have those nightmares where you can never finish something in time....??
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  2. #2
    gyelloz's Avatar
    gyelloz is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I don't think I sleep talk (at least no one has ever told me I do), but I dream/have nightmares about work all the time. LOL I wish I could work in my sleep. That would save so much time!
    www.royal7casinos.com - Online casino reviews, top USA casinos, bonuses, promotions, news, blog, and more!

  3. #3
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Work, on occasion, does make it into the dreams.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  4. #4
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    When I used to work for Telstra Directory Assistance, I would dream about "what name please?" in my sleep and on many occasions even answered the phone with that phrase. Very embarrassing.. I would also dream about finding entries in the yellow pages in my sleep..

    These days, I still have nightmares about work.. There is one person in particular I dream about often.. and he is always hassling me for a bonus. I also dream about another affiliate organising a deal with him in our office on very small chairs and a kiddies table. Very strange.

    I often talk in my sleep too, but so far I've had no complaints from my other half.

    I think if that's the only thing I'm dreaming about (or that i can remember dreaming about) then there mustn't be any problems in my life at that time.. I have these reoccurring dreams but they are for another thread.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  5. #5
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    When I used to work for Telstra Directory Assistance, I would dream about "what name please?" in my sleep and on many occasions even answered the phone with that phrase. Very embarrassing.. I would also dream about finding entries in the yellow pages in my sleep..
    I used to work in Mcdonalds when i was younger and i kept having dreams that i couldn't make Big Mac's quick enough and the queue was getting bigger and bigger.
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  6. #6
    dhayman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Elaine, I think it may be time for a nice long vacation

  7. #7
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhayman View Post
    Elaine, I think it may be time for a nice long vacation
    It's funny you say that dhayman, i'm actually off to New York on Thursday (my first time) , and i'm super excited, although i'll still need to check in once or twice a day as there is no one to cover for me...but i'm sure when i'm in the shops i'll easily forget
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  8. #8
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    When I was active in my software QA company, I had dreamt once or twice about failing to find software bugs. And recently I had won a jackpot - in my dream

  9. #9
    RayUK's Avatar
    RayUK is offline In Memorian, 1964-2016
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    322
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 75 Times in 63 Posts

    Default

    I either don't dream often or, as is more likely, don't remember my dreams often. I haven't dreamt (or remembered dreaming) about webmaster stuff yet, but have had the occasional dream about my 'day job'.

    What I do often dream about (i.e. if I am going to remember the dreams) is a computer game if I am playing one a fair bit at any time. At the moment I am playing Fallout 3 a lot, so dreams inspired by that one might be interesting!
    Ray
    Fun Bingo Online Facebook Twitter

    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

  10. #10
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineGardiner View Post
    I used to work in Mcdonalds when i was younger and i kept having dreams that i couldn't make Big Mac's quick enough and the queue was getting bigger and bigger.
    I worked at McDonalds for 4.5 years when I was a teenager too...

    That is one of my recurring dreams - I go back to work at Maccas on the weekends to earn some extra cash.. Stupid dream. Have it all the time. Not sure why.

    Maybe we need to get a dreams expert in here...
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  11. #11
    ElaineGardiner's Avatar
    ElaineGardiner is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    422
    Thanked 467 Times in 241 Posts

    Default

    I looked it up, apparently it's a common enough to be in the dream dictionary.

    "To dream of McDonalds or any fast food restaurant, is about the need to speed up your digestive system. Fast food is a symbolic antidote to a sluggish digestive system. To emphasize the healing, the dream will often place you in the drive through which provides faster fast food, and is usually very brightly lit in the dream."

    hmmmm not sure, although i think almost everyone who worked there had a nightmare about it...maybe something in the food LOL
    Head of Client Services | TAG Media

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ElaineGardiner For This Useful Post:

    Renee (7 July 2010)

  13. #12
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    That is one of my recurring dreams - I go back to work at Maccas on the weekends to earn some extra cash.. Stupid dream. Have it all the time. Not sure why.
    No stupid dream. You are just dreaming of a salary rise

  14. #13
    bonusbeast is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    Happens all the time, my wife thinks I am going crazy!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to bonusbeast For This Useful Post:

    ElaineGardiner (7 July 2010)

  16. #14
    GPWA Aaron is offline Former Staff Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Needham, MA
    Posts
    451
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 144 Times in 64 Posts

    Default

    I once came home from a poker game with friends, and my wife was talking to me about something she had done that night. It was pretty late, and I was dozing off. I was pretty much completely asleep when she asked me a question about what we should plan on doing that weekend. She nudged me for a response and said in a stern voice "Aaron?"

    My response? "I'm all in."

    Didn't go over very well, even though I'd been a big winner that night!

    I do remember being a bit of a video game addict as a teenager and had many dreams about Tetris and Dr. Mario (a similar type of game). If I've learned anything over the last 15-20 years, it's that balance is essential! Glad to hear you're taking a vacation soon Elaine, and hope you'll be dreaming of NYC instead of work!

  17. #15
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nandakishore View Post
    No stupid dream. You are just dreaming of a salary rise
    LMAO

    I also have a recurring dream about driving a car naked and the brakes don't work.

    What you think that one means?

    Edited to add:

    Another recurring dream of mine is that people are always watching me go to the toilet.. Now that one is whack!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  18. #16
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    LMAO

    I also have a recurring dream about driving a car naked and the brakes don't work.

    What you think that one means?

    Edited to add:

    Another recurring dream of mine is that people are always watching me go to the toilet.. Now that one is whack!
    I think both these dreams are nudges to wake you up to go to the toilet instead of peeing in the bed. In the first dream, you are half way to the toilet, being naked, but can't make it because the failing brakes wont let you out of the car. And the second one is telling you that, since you are a very friendly person, people are watching you go to the toilet and hoping and praying that you don't miss your target - again.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nandakishore For This Useful Post:

    Renee (8 July 2010)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •