
Originally Posted by
PROFRBcom
I've found that .png can be smaller than optimized .jpg files at times. It seems that the more complex the image, the better it is to go jpg, but for a while I was converting everything to jpg per my IT guy and one day I realized that jpg conversion turned a 4kb png into a 20kb jpg, even with reduced quality.
With all that said, I use GIMP 2.0 to convert images.
You're right. PNG is a better choice for all graphics, JPG is for photos. With PNG you can reduce the file size by eliminating unused colors and mapping only the colors that are actually used, and the results are incredible. Plus the image can be transparent.
GIMP is my weapon of choice as well.
Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.