Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default How to get rid of a SEO cold email ...

    Actually reply to them and ask how ...

    Lars from rankingfrog emailed me and said ...

    I'm Lars from Rankingfrog, an off-page SEO service provider.
    We offer guest post opportunities on over 19,000 high-quality websites across different industries.
    Please reply to this email with your requirements: Which languages are you currently most interested in?
    I'd be happy to send you some examples of strong link-building options.

    Best regards,
    Lars ..
    It was not the greatest pitch but better than most.
    I checked his site - it existed - and contained a few glowing 1-2 line endorsements from "webmasters" ...

    So I replied asking him ...

    Hello Lars,

    Colour me sceptical I’ve never really understood the entire buying / selling links market to obtain “juice”.
    I really do fail to see how purchased links at any website will provide any extra traffic or tangible benefits.

    But by all means show me what you would do with Eur 500 …
    - How would you spend it ?
    - What actual measurable benefit would it provide?
    - Traffic? New Readers? SEO gains?
    - Any guarantees?

    I would be looking to attract new purchasing bettors who want to join and deposit at Bovada Sportsbook (US) , Bodog Sportsbook (Canada) and / or Bet365 Sportsbook (UK / Europe) using my affiliate links at the GoonersGuide.com website.

    I look forward to hearing how RankingFrog can help me – what the monthly cost would be – and what tangible / measurable benefits I would see.

    Best Regards ...
    You know what response I got ??
    Absolutely nothing ...


    Does anyone have a tangible good results story from a cold email SEO seller?
    I'd be interested to hear ...

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    fullbenefit (16 October 2023), MichaelBluejay (28 October 2023), onlinebetdotcom (16 October 2023)

  3. #2
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I think the real answer is - and I know you know this, Gooner - that the ones that could answer your points with any degree of sense that would indicate tangible results are possible, and give an educated guess on effectiveness and explain their reasoning behind it, are the ones that don't cold mail, wouldn't consider it, and don't have to.

    Nice response, though. Note he may have blasted 10,000 emails out, so it could be a month before a response to yours comes. That'll be illuminating to see, most likely!
    Last edited by chaumi; 9 October 2023 at 7:30 pm.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (9 October 2023)

  5. #3
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Always ready to be proved wrong by a good company though mate ...

    Lars, had a domain, and a domain email rather than gmail ...
    And it claimed 10 years of action - albeit the domain was registered in 2019.

    It did feel like RankingFrog was a rip-off of ScreamingFrog ...
    Lots of 1-line endorsements from enthusiastic clients too ...

    I'll update if Lars does actually respond.
    If ...

  6. #4
    theGman is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 285 Times in 174 Posts

    Default

    Ive got the same email previously and Lars has actually responded to an email- i didnt though ask those questions - next time i will It seems there are a lot of these people online and i didnt move ahead with Lars as i saw some negative feedback somewhere - plus i am not a believer in running this type of thing with people i just dont know.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to theGman For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (10 October 2023)

  8. #5
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    I created a thread about the same guy over at AGD in July 2020 - https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/co...8/#post-120838

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (10 October 2023), TheGooner (10 October 2023), universal4 (9 October 2023)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftDog View Post
    I created a thread about the same guy over at AGD in July 2020 - https://www.affiliateguarddog.com/co...8/#post-120838

    lol I remember that thread.

    I posted about Lars using fake photos, and other dodgy shite... "a con-man, con-artist, thief, liar and an internet scammer!"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (10 October 2023)

  12. #7
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the updates - I wondered why it felt like I'd heard of RankingFrog before ...
    I didn't remember the thread at all ... but reading through it felt familiar ...
    Getting old ...

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (10 October 2023)

  14. #8
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Getting?


    Rick
    Universal4

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (10 October 2023)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Getting?
    What are you trying to say, Rick?


  17. #10
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,164
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    Depending on the e-mail and the formatting of the e-mail I will often mark as "spam" and eventually they slow down or stop. If they sound legit I will forward to our head of content to deal with them.

    In some instances if their replies are going no where will just tell them to stop and remove us from their mailing list.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  18. #11
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    In some instances if their replies are going no where will just tell them to stop and remove us from their mailing list.

    Really? Wow, well behaving spammers. Unheard of in all my years. Fortunate for you!

  19. #12
    onlinebetdotcom's Avatar
    onlinebetdotcom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts

    Default

    Rankingfrog is a smart name if you know of screaming frog.

    Probably not the response they were hoping you would give to them.

  20. #13
    megad is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2004
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Probably not worth his time replying to you. Dude probably gets tons of business from his cold emails.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to megad For This Useful Post:

    TheGooner (19 October 2023)

  22. #14
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megad View Post
    Probably not worth his time replying to you. Dude probably gets tons of business from his cold emails.
    Clearly I missed a trick on email effectiveness ..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •