Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. #41
    DeannaD_IA is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Today it's around 26C outside. Little windy and a few clouds.. The last few days have been pissing down rain. Christmas day was between 30-35C. Was so nice that I washed my car and sweat like a pig, then the rain came

    Looks like the temperature is only going up this week. Saturday should see us at 31C and sunny til the cows come home. Thankful because I'm getting tired of the rain! Between Dec-April it usually never rains here and is hot as an oven.

    Luckily in winter here the lowest it gets is about 14C. I can't imagine living somewhere that snows in winter. I hate the cold brrrr
    Hehe Renee - I met an Australian boyfriend while in Australia for Uni, and abducted him back to Canada with me. Surprisingly, he has fallen in love with the cold and snow and is even more tolerant of it than I am! Bet he never expected to give up the sand and surf for this

  2. #42
    wagerjunction's Avatar
    wagerjunction is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2004
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 273 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeannaD_IA View Post
    I hope you're right Christian, and that we can expect lots more snow - my first winter in Montreal has been somewhat disappointing so far I feel like I'm the only one who WANTS copious amounts of snow
    I hear you Deanna. If I do get the chance to move somewhere where there is snow, I'd expect to get my money's worth and be up to my neck in it.

    Surprisingly, he has fallen in love with the cold and snow and is even more tolerant of it than I am! Bet he never expected to give up the sand and surf for this
    Oh well, skiing can be as exciting (or more) than surfing. And there are no sharks
    Amy
    Affiliate Manager
    WagerJunction | Facebook
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #43
    DeannaD_IA is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunction View Post
    I hear you Deanna. If I do get the chance to move somewhere where there is snow, I'd expect to get my money's worth and be up to my neck in it.

    That's exactly it! And I have a friend coming to visit from Australia in a couple of weeks who has never even SEEN snow, so the weather better not disappoint! Haha

  4. #44
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    I saw some snow last week. There was maybe 1/4 inch on the ground and it stayed around for 1 day!! More than enough time and snow for me. I do believe in winter, for about 2 weeks, and then it should be over.

    I've actually turned down a couple of jobs based on having to move to colder weather, like Chickago and Pittsburgh. Not going to happen in this lifetime..maybe I'll love the cold next time around.

    Right now it's rainy and 40F here..it will be this way for the next 3 months.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  5. #45
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Deanna - I've never skiied and only been to the snow in Oz once. I saw snow in August in Washington. Went to the top of Mt Baker courtesy of travel guide Mr J Todd. That was something else.

    On the other hand I don't surf either and actually if I go to the beach I dont even go in the water. I'm petrified of sharks. Had a bad experience when I was a kid and never been in since. Well, I go in up to my knees. There are 3 year olds that go further than me.

    I still wouldn't swap it. I love the sun far too much. In fact, if they'd let me I'd position my desk up on the roof so I could be in the sun all day.
    Last edited by Renee; 6 January 2011 at 4:52 pm. Reason: spelling
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. #46
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Martin maybe Australia is the place for you..
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  7. #47
    loriot35 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    here in germany in my town near frankfurt we have -2° and sleet....
    maybe australia is the right place for me, too

  8. #48
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I am actually quite surprised that this post is still active and at the top of the forum.

    Here in Toronto we have no snow and no tuke is required (as I have a shaved head)....

    So no complaints here....lol

  9. #49
    Kasinoportalen's Avatar
    Kasinoportalen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Snow, rain, snow, rain, ice, cold, wet, rain, snow, ice, cold, rain, snow. Pretty much sums up what's going on were I live during the 5 months of winter.

  10. #50
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Sounds like Toronto during an average winter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasinoportalen View Post
    Snow, rain, snow, rain, ice, cold, wet, rain, snow, ice, cold, rain, snow. Pretty much sums up what's going on were I live during the 5 months of winter.

  11. #51
    Kasinoportalen's Avatar
    Kasinoportalen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Hehe, north of Europe here.. Need to make some affiliate money so I can travel to the Canary Islands and get some sun on my body.

  12. #52
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    Good stuff....
    Wow, your up late over there....
    Its only 10PM here...

    In my day job, I work with a bunch of europeans...

  13. #53
    Kasinoportalen's Avatar
    Kasinoportalen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, way past bed time, hehe. Been up working late, to much coffee etc... Having the week off from my "real" job aswell so no worries though.

    Going to bed now finally, good luck in the snow!

  14. #54
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loriot35 View Post
    here in germany in my town near frankfurt we have -2° and sleet....
    maybe australia is the right place for me, too
    Well, our country is almost the size of the US and we only have 22 million people..

    There is plenty of room
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  15. #55
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    Well, our country is almost the size of the US and we only have 22 million people..

    There is plenty of room
    Renee,

    I've always wanted to visit Oz and Kiwiland!! My prob is I haVe "issues" with traveling...I love to go places, but hate to travel, go figure.

    I'll have to make a plan, b/c there are some really interesting places to see in Oz, not to mention seeing the Souther Cross from Down Under. Something to look forward to in the not too distant future.
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Amateur For This Useful Post:

    Renee (9 January 2011)

  17. #56
    MarkConner is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2011
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Greetings from snowy Poland, where I had trouble leaving my house since the door was blocked by snow ^_^

  18. #57
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    We got our first real snowstorm last night, but it was only a couple of inches.
    I almost got into 5 accident cause everyone magically forgot how to drive once again.

  19. #58
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Sunny skies and not a cloud to be seen here in Johannesburg, South Africa. We have had a fair amount of rain during December though.

  20. #59
    Tony is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    501
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 131 Times in 89 Posts

    Default

    Well we got our first real snow last night , I had to clean the front and back of the house but I can't complain is been a good year.

  21. #60
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,976
    Thanks
    4,537
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 5,978 Posts

    Default

    Whew.....it is a little warmer here today and it is my hope that we will be able to say that winter is finally over for us....

    ...I've heard it has been so cold in some places that people forget their own phone numbers....

    lol

    ....couldn't pass that one up.....lol

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •