Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamTrak View Post
    That's me too mojo! I find the wee hours the BEST! No hubby or furkids bothing you! hehe

    Here is a current picture of my desk. I'm a total work-aholic!
    No phones ringing! Only problem is if I have to schedule an appt. I avoid 9am and usually ask for afternoon please lol.

    Please never come to my office without a heads up. LOL My desk is cluttered. Yours is so neat!

    That's it, I'm clearing mine up. Tomorrow.

    I only have one screen. Maybe next year..

  2. #22
    Dominique's Avatar
    Dominique is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    The Boonies
    Posts
    4,777
    Thanks
    452
    Thanked 724 Times in 299 Posts

    Default

    What desk? Oh yeah, I see some wood peeking out from under all these papers...

    Once a month I file everything and a few days later my desk is hidden again.

    Since the advent of browser tabs I am happy with just one screen and that made room for - more papers.

    I agree about the "natural clock" and the peace and quiet of the wee hours - but it works opposite for me. I start work like at 4 or 5am when all is nice and quiet. I love it since I started doing that a few years ago and I have evenings free to be with hubby...

    I have my best ideas early in the morning before the world wakes up... and I love grabbing my coffee and going outside for a stroll with the dogs at sun-up. The colors, the singing birds, flowers opening, the dogs playing and running - I wouldn't miss it for anything. And at sunset I have time for a stroll with hubby - or we eat dinner outside - just as precious to me. Makes me feel grounded and balanced.

    I used to sit there every day until the walls closed in on me or my eyes fell shut - until I realized a different schedule would work so much better for me.

    Structuring the day the way it works for YOU is the best part of working from home - apart from the pyjamas.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (26 July 2009), mojo (25 July 2009)

  4. #23
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Joe is like that Dominique. He likes the early dawn hours. He loves the birds and the quiet.

    I have hung some bird feeders outside my window. I used coat hangers since the squirrels will make me balistic eating all the birdseed. They cant climb the coat hangers LOL.

    I have bird baths and a fenced in back yard that is wildlife friendly. We are two miles from the ocean but don't take advantage of it as much as we should.

    Evening walks are wonderful and there is so much joy if we look for it Dom.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Dominique (26 July 2009)

  6. #24
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    My desk is like this the majority of the time, but I do have a pile to the right in the corner and a banker box of stuff to be filed behind me. hehe

    I should say my wee hours are at 5am to 8am right now. Some times I'll be up until 2am (like last week) and then take a nap around 3pm. Normal hours are 7am to 6 or 7pm.

    Today I did not work at all because I'm re-arranging my farm town (seriously). LOL It's sad how addicted I am to that game.

  7. #25
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamTrak View Post

    Today I did not work at all because I'm re-arranging my farm town (seriously). LOL It's sad how addicted I am to that game.
    I have heard of that. What the heck is farm town lol. Link plz!

  8. #26
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I have heard of that. What the heck is farm town lol. Link plz!
    You start out with a EMPTY piece of land and here is what I have designed. I'm finally on level 32 of 34.

    Since we are friends on facebook, this link should work. GamTrak's Farm Town.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  9. #27
    giggles7p's Avatar
    giggles7p is offline In Memoriam, 1962-2011
    Join Date
    July 2004
    Location
    Northeast usa.
    Posts
    1,600
    Thanks
    2,443
    Thanked 792 Times in 461 Posts

    Default

    HAHAHAHA, Robin, I think you need counceling....lolllllllll

    Dom, your post is one of the best i have read in a long time, you are so right about finding a "balance" that works for "you". And your attitude about life, enjoying every single aspect of it are words of wisdom that we all need to follow.

    The best part for me about working for myself is the "pride" i can now take in myself that was lacking for many years. I did love the people that i worked with in the retail business, and miss them very much, but working for yourself besides all the obvious perks [you all work in pjs, i like to work naked...lolllll]...the feeling of self worth, self accomplishments and self pride are priceless.

    Congrats to everyone here who has taken the steps to fullfilling their own dreams , which ever they may be.

    Pat
    Gambling forum offering the best in online gambling
    777casinoforum.com

    Online Casino portal featuring International Casinos
    qwertycasino.com

    The relaxed affiliate forum, filled with pleasant, thoughtful banter.
    Grab a cold one or a cup of coffee and relax with gambling industry professionals!

    GamblingAffiliatePlace

    Gambling & Casino News
    CasinoScamReport

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to giggles7p For This Useful Post:

    GamTrak (29 July 2009)

  11. #28
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giggles7p View Post
    but working for yourself besides all the obvious perks [you all work in pjs, i like to work naked...lolllll]...
    TMI!! TMI!!

    I agree we should all be proud to have made it this far in this really difficult biz.


    Robin, I'm going to have to go check that out. We need some fun too! But knowing me I'll get hooked.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    GamTrak (29 July 2009)

  13. #29
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giggles7p View Post
    HAHAHAHA, Robin, I think you need counceling....lolllllllll
    LMAO You just now noticing that! Actually there are quite a few of us (even GPWA members) in Farm Town and it's great advertising. Folks usually ask what my site is about.

    GamblingGuru, Redbush, Sipka, Captain, Fergie, Lou and others that I can't remember right now. It's a great stress reliever!

  14. #30
    TrishOZ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    33
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GamTrak View Post
    You start out with a EMPTY piece of land and here is what I have designed. I'm finally on level 32 of 34.

    Since we are friends on facebook, this link should work. GamTrak's Farm Town.
    I must say Robin, this is probably the most ingenious use of farm town I have ever seen!
    Do you have any idea of how it's working out for you in terms of traffic? I suppose it would be hard to track..
    Full of ideas aren't you!

  15. #31
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrishOZ View Post
    I must say Robin, this is probably the most ingenious use of farm town I have ever seen!
    Do you have any idea of how it's working out for you in terms of traffic? I suppose it would be hard to track..
    Full of ideas aren't you!
    Thanks Trish!

    It's working out quite well. FarmTown has MILLIONS of addicts just like me and I get lots of traffic from their forum and fan page. I posted some photos in my FT album today and folks make comments and stop by to visit.

    This morning I got the following email and it brought a smile to my face!

    Zulaikha added you as a friend on Facebook. We need to confirm that you know Zulaikha in order for you to be friends on Facebook.

    Zulaikha says, "OMG!! i just have to add u.. i cant help it.. i so adore ur farm.. can i please be ur friend?".
    BTW Dominique is now on Facebook and my neighbor on farmtown. She has leveled up faster than anyone I've seen to join. Wonder if she is addicted as well.

    Sorry to highjack your thread mojo.
    Last edited by GamTrak; 29 July 2009 at 7:02 pm. Reason: typo

  16. #32
    TrishOZ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    296
    Blog Entries
    33
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Well keep me posted on how it's going, I'd be curious to hear all about it next time we catch up or add me to msn if you like. Always interested in hearing about fun ways that you guys are picking up traffic.

    Hmm, I may have to look at playing this farm town game. After all, I did grow up on a farm in the country so I should be a natural, right?

  17. #33
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    I sure will. I just found a guy that made a video that had me cracking up and the music is fitting! He is beyond addicted! Check it out! I have my old photos from the begining and could make a video for more traffic on YouTube like he does! The video has over 7,000 views.

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gl-mh7LgmRk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gl-mh7LgmRk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>


    Quote Originally Posted by TrishOZ View Post
    Well keep me posted on how it's going, I'd be curious to hear all about it next time we catch up or add me to msn if you like. Always interested in hearing about fun ways that you guys are picking up traffic.

    Hmm, I may have to look at playing this farm town game. After all, I did grow up on a farm in the country so I should be a natural, right?
    Shot me your MSN via PM and we will chat.
    Last edited by GamTrak; 28 July 2009 at 6:07 pm.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to GamTrak For This Useful Post:

    TrishOZ (28 July 2009)

  19. #34
    ironman2000's Avatar
    ironman2000 is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    April 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    758
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 163 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Working in Boxers

    For the many years that I have been in the industry, it would be hard to go back to a 9 till 5 day job.

    I love meeting and talking to most of you on a daily basis, but one of my biggest gripes is the "Time Zone Factor".

    The wife also looks at me with envy when I tell her about the next conference………what she does not realize is that we do actually work hard!!!!!!!

    Hope to see some of you soon……….have a great week
    KEITH WILLIAMSON | INDEPENDANT GAMING CONSULTANT

    SKYPE= ironman20001


    http://twitter.com/ironman20001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •